Nov 21, 2019, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62pilot
That's all the right has left. Falsehoods, lies, distractions , smoke and mirrors . Its called the "Hey look a Squirrel" defense .
Trump and comp have gotten to be experts at deploying it. Their deranged minds won't allow them to know anything else.
How is life in upside down world?
Nov 21, 2019, 01:18 PM
Cajun-American
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp
You don't accept the evidence...simple as that.
Again, please post a link to said evidence.

Is there evidence outside of:
  • the phone call transcript - which all the witnesses say is accurate and contains no impeachable offense.
  • all of the witnesses who have testified so far - all of whom testified they know of no impeachable offense, no crime, no bribery, no quid pro quo.

.......................still waiting on a link.
Nov 21, 2019, 02:28 PM
Build it, don't buy it
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA5BY
There are probably two reasons. One, because all Trump wants is the public announcement to be used in a campaign add against Biden. Keep in mine, if there were a real investigation, the announcement wouldn't be of any value if the investigation found nothing.

Two, if Zelensky announces a political investigation into crowdstrike, he is giving credence to Russia's claim that it was Ukraine rather than Russia that interfered in the 2016 election and thus gives Russia legitimacy to claim that sanctions imposed on them for meddling in the 2016 election should be lifted.

It is always important to ask, who benefits? Russia has wanted sanctions lifted.
Yeah the question was somewhat rhetorical, I thought it odd that it would be brought up by a Trump supporter to defend President Trump as it only seems damning to me.
Nov 21, 2019, 02:45 PM
Truth.
Nov 21, 2019, 03:53 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by BE77 Pilot
I just hope there is enough CROW to go around after this is over. [LAUGHS]

That pic either says “I just got news so bad I just dumped a load in my drawers”, or “Man, I hope they don’t use powdered soap in Guantanamo..... that stuff takes forever to pick up!”....
Nov 21, 2019, 03:57 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipemajor
That's pretty much what I said (and confirms your quote) and yes, I watched most of the morning.

Trump didn't merely want an investigation. He told his people to make sure Zelensky publicly announced they would be investigating. The key word is public. Ukraine would have to go to the microphone and announce - or no meeting/money.

Attempted bribery is a crime.
I can think of a perfectly good reason both Trump or Zelensky would want it publicly announced-it forced the criminal actors to act, and the cover-up is usually the undoing in a criminal investigation.
Nov 21, 2019, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.D.
Truth.
LOL, donald will fume over this. Then again he's 'left New York' due to hurt feelings about the tax returns.
Nov 21, 2019, 05:52 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
You tell me. Mines right side up as always.
Yours appears to be in Aussie land .
Nov 22, 2019, 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62pilot
You tell me. Mines right side up as always.
Yours appears to be in Aussie land .
Now hang on a minute!
Nov 22, 2019, 07:11 AM
Whirled Peas
Quote:
Who is in upside down world? Your world has you completely dismissing the fact that your President profited from his fraudulent university, was fined and had his charitable foundation closed over persistent illegalities, and abuses the power of his office chasing international conspiracies to get dirt on his political opponents. But hey, attacking his corruption is anti-American in your world.
Nov 22, 2019, 07:25 AM
Cajun-American
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogie_
Again, please post a link to said evidence.

Is there evidence outside of:
  • the phone call transcript - which all the witnesses say is accurate and contains no impeachable offense.
  • all of the witnesses who have testified so far - all of whom testified they know of no impeachable offense, no crime, no bribery, no quid pro quo.

.......................still waiting on a link.
Still waiting
Nov 22, 2019, 07:30 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Flyer
Who is in upside down world? Your world has you completely dismissing the fact that your President profited from his fraudulent university, was fined and had his charitable foundation closed over persistent illegalities, and abuses the power of his office chasing international conspiracies to get dirt on his political opponents. But hey, attacking his corruption is anti-American in your world.

More foreign election interference I see, how quaint.

Clyde
Nov 22, 2019, 07:47 AM
Whirled Peas
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpoprofessor
More foreign election interference I see, how quaint.

Clyde
Still having issues with international posters posting their opinions to a Canadian owned, international discussion forum, huh. Perhaps the mods can create a safer space for you if you ask in SSC. https://www.rcgroups.com/site-sugges...omplaints-259/
Nov 22, 2019, 08:01 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogie_
Still waiting
Here you go… enjoy.
.https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...se-ncna1087431
Nov 22, 2019, 08:24 AM
Cajun-American
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp
In the linked opinion article I see no evidence.

Sondland's presumptions, beliefs and impressions are not evidence.

My fav line from the link:
Quote:
The GOP has been trying to rebut a stream of increasingly compelling evidence by arguing — absurdly — that the case against Trump falls apart if no witnesses actually heard Trump say he himself intended to pressure the Ukrainians to launch the investigation, or if no witnesses personally watched Trump pressure the Ukrainians.
I luv how the author inserts the word "absurdly" in there just so you'll know he has no bias.

The reason there are no witnesses to Trump pressuring the Ukrainians is because he didn't.

The Democrats are really going to regret this whole sham if it ever reaches the Senate.

Quick Reply