Oct 28, 2019, 11:18 PM
Boost rules!
Not a hot ride (already have the '87 GN for that) - but I finally replaced my 40th Anniversary GTP, which I totaled last Feb when I had an epileptic seizure while driving. It's a 2004 Buick Rendezvous AWD. It's slower than crap (weighs over 2 tons & only has 185 HP), but it's the 1st RC plane hauler I've owned since I sold my Subie Legacy AWD wagon back in 2004. (Although, it does look like a white-haired grandma with a hair-net should be getting out of it! )

Joel
to remove ads between posts
Oct 29, 2019, 05:45 AM
Club Saito | Genesis 8:11
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker
Not a hot ride (already have the '87 GN for that) - but I finally replaced my 40th Anniversary GTP, which I totaled last Feb when I had an epileptic seizure while driving. It's a 2004 Buick Rendezvous AWD. It's slower than crap (weighs over 2 tons & only has 185 HP), but it's the 1st RC plane hauler I've owned since I sold my Subie Legacy AWD wagon back in 2004. (Although, it does look like a white-haired grandma with a hair-net should be getting out of it! )

Joel
Hey Joel, from looking at the pics, it doesn't look as worn as i would think for a 2004. And its AWD with some hauling space. My car is FWD and i don't like that

My 'new' bike is near ten years old (!) but seems to be running good so far. But for the price of a new bike i got 3x the displacement ...so why buy new in that case.
Sorry about the seizure those are scary! My friend had one, said they didn't remember it but were very sore afterwards
Oct 30, 2019, 09:01 PM
Quote:

Joel
I have the box on wheels checked off as well and actually have seen a grandma driving one just like mine, terrible. Really need a driver's car before I'm white haired myself and still in my Flex!
Oct 30, 2019, 09:37 PM
Boost rules!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunnyshooter223
Hey Joel, from looking at the pics, it doesn't look as worn as i would think for a 2004. And its AWD with some hauling space. My car is FWD and i don't like that

My 'new' bike is near ten years old (!) but seems to be running good so far. But for the price of a new bike i got 3x the displacement ...so why buy new in that case.
Sorry about the seizure those are scary! My friend had one, said they didn't remember it but were very sore afterwards
Yeah, my supercharged GTP was my first "wrong-wheel-drive" car. Everything else before then was either RWD or 4WD/AWD. Wasn't long before I told myself that I'd be going back to 4WD/AWD for my daily-driver when it came time to replace it. My favorite is definitely RWD.

Was looking for another used Subie (preferably a Legacy GT wagon or Outback XT) for a hobby-hauler, but they're so damned expensive. Then, one of my best buds told me about the blue-haired grandma-hauler that his coworker's wife was getting rid of, so I decided to check it out. Was very surprised at the good condition it's in, considering its age & mileage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citationfxr
I have the box on wheels checked off as well and actually have seen a grandma driving one just like mine, terrible. Really need a driver's car before I'm white haired myself and still in my Flex!
Well...I've been a hotrodder since before I got my license. Was always trying to go faster on my pedal-bike, go-cart, and motorized bikes! Once I got my license, then I was putting big engines in small cars to go faster. My dad was a P-47 & P-38 pilot in WWII. He always ordered his family cars "by number", so he got special high-HP big-block engines in his 6-passenger Buick family cars. I grew up thinking that doing 0-60 MPH in 6 sec or less & being able to hit nearly 160 MPH on a top-end run was just normal family-car performance.

That's why I still have my '87 GN for a fun-car. Even has war-emergency-power, just like the late-model Jugs & Lightnings. With 425 HP @ 4900 RPM & over 560 pounds of torque @ 1700 RPM AT THE REAR WHEELS, @ full war-emergency-power, it's way quicker than any of the old-school muscle (does 0-60 MPH in ~3.7 sec) - and with a 51/49 weight-ratio, it can actually turn corners!

Joel
Oct 31, 2019, 11:50 PM

Speed Thrills

Quote:
Yeah, my supercharged GTP was my first "wrong-wheel-drive" car. Everything else before then was either RWD or 4WD/AWD. Wasn't long before I told myself that I'd be going back to 4WD/AWD for my daily-driver when it came time to replace it. My favorite is definitely RWD.

Was looking for another used Subie (preferably a Legacy GT wagon or Outback XT) for a hobby-hauler, but they're so damned expensive. Then, one of my best buds told me about the blue-haired grandma-hauler that his coworker's wife was getting rid of, so I decided to check it out. Was very surprised at the good condition it's in, considering its age & mileage!

Well...I've been a hotrodder since before I got my license. Was always trying to go faster on my pedal-bike, go-cart, and motorized bikes! Once I got my license, then I was putting big engines in small cars to go faster. My dad was a P-47 & P-38 pilot in WWII. He always ordered his family cars "by number", so he got special high-HP big-block engines in his 6-passenger Buick family cars. I grew up thinking that doing 0-60 MPH in 6 sec or less & being able to hit nearly 160 MPH on a top-end run was just normal family-car performance.

That's why I still have my '87 GN for a fun-car. Even has war-emergency-power, just like the late-model Jugs & Lightnings. With 425 HP @ 4900 RPM & over 560 pounds of torque @ 1700 RPM AT THE REAR WHEELS, @ full war-emergency-power, it's way quicker than any of the old-school muscle (does 0-60 MPH in ~3.7 sec) - and with a 51/49 weight-ratio, it can actually turn corners!

Joel
Ohhhh man i think like that. I appreciate the WWII era stuff! Jug is my favorite WWII plane. 560 lbs @ 1700 rpm DANG ...yah, um... we grew up with Toyotas lol so nothing even near that fast here.

It is hard to find performance info for my particular bike. I think my bike can do 0-60 time of 5.3 seconds? I'm not even capable of that yet, but it would be fun to take it to a drag strip once i get used to riding proper.
I was practicing yanking my arms off earlier today with it, boy is it fun to have some power. Especially instant torquey power accompanied by gnarly V-twin sound! Exhilarating.

My car... 0-60 of 7.5 seconds. Which is fast for the 'family car' in my family LOL. It is auto transmission, but has a nifty 'war emergency power' of being able to use a manual/electronic shifter for sporty-ish driving.

I never thought i'd own an automatic front whel drive car with optional manual shifter it is very weird, no clutch. I see it as more of a gimmick, maybe it costs less than adding an extra 30 hp (?). My previous automatic-only car had one button instead, called 'Overdrive.' You turn it off then you could rev it higher

Now, sometimes i look at my girly car rims and get p'd off

I think i already said this, but my MX-5 Miata i had could turn and handle beautifully on fairly cheap tires. It didn't have any power but the handling, compared to every 'normal' car or truck i drove, was awesome.

My friend said that sitting in the MX-5, it was like sitting in a cockpit of a jet. Everything was right there. You were one with it. Which is one reason i got it; driving it felt like the car version of a motorcycle. A 'Roadster' all it needed was a more powerful engine. I think mine had 130hp as i wished for 300. I could have settled for 200hp in that light little 50/50 car.

The way i feel, if you can get a near 50/50 weight distributed car--go for it. Speed is FUN but so is handling. Having both is like falling in love
Last edited by Bunnyshooter223; Nov 01, 2019 at 12:04 AM.
Nov 03, 2019, 01:37 AM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
Last edited by Piece; Apr 30, 2021 at 04:14 AM.
Nov 03, 2019, 01:34 PM

Rocket III

Hehe. Glad your steering system worked out! I love it when machines work & do not destroy themselves. It makes me feel good about them and my purchase
Name: 6EBEC3B3-E235-48C4-AD71-C6226B4C19AA.jpeg
Views: 15
Size: 499.2 KB
Description:
What's funny, Triumph made a new Rocket III with an I-3 engine that's got as much displacement as my car

I haven't checked yet, but i'd not be surprised if it makes more power & torque than my car.
Dec 18, 2019, 07:46 PM
Here are two of my rides. I bought both brand new. I am loving the 392 Hemi and 6 speed in the Challenger. I picked it up Nov. 2nd. It cost me less to buy new than they were asking for used ones
Dec 25, 2019, 05:00 AM
I think I go fly
Thread OP

sweet

nice rides thank you for posting

Merry Christmas
Jan 08, 2020, 01:43 AM

My 68

Old but fast...and it hauls stuff!!!!
Mar 03, 2020, 08:23 PM
I don't think i posted a pic of my ride. 2010 Honda Stateline motorcycle, stock.
Name: F3EFCD8B-B125-4094-B1F0-236EE8692E23.jpeg
Views: 17
Size: 35.2 KB
Description:
(Stock pick, as new, from internet)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLHS592
Here are two of my rides. I bought both brand new. I am loving the 392 Hemi and 6 speed in the Challenger. I picked it up Nov. 2nd. It cost me less to buy new than they were asking for used ones
That Challenger looks slick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeem1958
Old but fast...and it hauls stuff!!!!
BSA motorcycle?

Those orange engine accents are beautiful!
Ofna had a 'Titan' nitro rc monster truck with orange anodized aluminum accents. It was gorgeous. I had a T-MAXX but dreamed of that Titan. Must have been year 2003.

The old stuff can be quite wonderful too. Machines these days are often running lean with weird exhaust restrictions... which kills the sound unless manufacturer tunes the exhaust to sound good. Like the new model Kawasaki Z900RS motorbike.
Apr 11, 2020, 05:45 AM
Real Time Recon
Slated to be out this summer.Virus permitting.Factory Five's latest addition.Carbon fiber body and V12
>> https://www.factoryfive.com/whats-ne...percar-update/
>>
New Design Process at Factory Five (2 min 35 sec)
Apr 11, 2020, 07:14 AM
BANDITRCN28
Great link RTR thanks!
Apr 11, 2020, 08:15 AM
Real Time Recon
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvoyles
Great link RTR thanks!
Also they got the OK (on building/selling) "turn-key" cars,in limited amounts

Quick Reply