Oct 21, 2019, 01:04 AM
KG7TTQ - Hauser, ID
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunt Double
A great write up as usual. Now i'm just patiently waiting for more vids
LOL!
...and I am patiently boiling water and gluing towards the same goal...
to remove ads between posts
Oct 21, 2019, 01:06 AM
Got my MT built this weekend and did a maiden also (without a crash ). Loving this plane. Very easy to launch and flies great.

Gear:
T-Motor AT2321 950KV with Aeronaut 9x6 folder
Turnigy Plush 30A ESC (will change to Hobbywing Flyfun 30A V5)
Turnigy 6600mah 12C 4S
Turnigy 9g servos
Matek F722-wing controller (will replace with F765-wing to use ardupilot also)
Analog pitot tube
Crossfire Micro TX + Diversity Nano RX

AKK X2-Ultimate 5.8 vtx with TBS Triumph PRO antenna (will test with Foxeer Lollipop3 also)
Fatshark Dom V3 OwlRX diversity module with Menace RC Pagoda and TrueRC X2-air antennas
Runcam Split 3 Micro

AUW 1512g

Oct 21, 2019, 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paultbg
One question guys, on a standard pusher motor do you use any down angle ? If so how much? I don't have any on mine and it's pitching up quite a bit under power (lets say top half of the throttle). Please advise
All airplanes do this, that is how they are built. Mix in some down elevator is my suggestion.
Oct 21, 2019, 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunt Double
Same as what Noircogi said, I would be doing CG dive tests first. What CG are you running? A quick fix is to add a little bit of elevator to throttle mix
Hello guys, ty for the input. The CG is on the back end of servo wire cover. It's not nose heavy as it's gliding well without power. The elevator trim it's at zero.
I did put a bit of mix (down elevator with high throttle) and seems to work ok somehow. At full throttle the plane flies nearly level now but if you reduce immediate the throttle to zero (therefore no down elevator anymore) the plane start to pitch up under it's own speed. As soon as is slowing down it start to glide level again. It might be frame itself and probably was not designed to fly fast . Cheers anyway.
Oct 21, 2019, 04:17 AM
As I said, that's how airplanes work. Try bleeding off speed more slowly so that you are at gliding speed the same moment the throttle hits zero if you are using mixing.
Oct 21, 2019, 08:04 AM

Early morning foggy flight

As mentioned in an earlier post, beautiful foggy morning flight. Thought I'd share the outcome. Also - trying out Dashware for the basics (GPS with GPX overlay)

Early morning foggy MiniTalon Flight (6 min 45 sec)

Enjoy!
Oct 21, 2019, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danne1700
As I said, that's how airplanes work. Try bleeding off speed more slowly so that you are at gliding speed the same moment the throttle hits zero if you are using mixing.
Properly trimmed, you really should not have to use TX mixing.....

here is a trimming guide for planes:
http://www.scootworks.com/rdrc/trim.html
Oct 21, 2019, 09:15 AM
Coming from full size a/c I find the notion of an ideal trim situation strange. Full size a/c trim and re-trim all the time. Elevator position (trim) determines airspeed and power level determines if you climb, fly straight or descend.
Oct 21, 2019, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_q
LOL!
...and I am patiently boiling water and gluing towards the same goal...
Great job and great write up. Glad to see things are working as you planned, sorry for the crash. I know you'll get it ironed out. Best of luck.
Oct 21, 2019, 03:43 PM
KG7TTQ - Hauser, ID
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill0
Great job and great write up. Glad to see things are working as you planned, sorry for the crash. I know you'll get it ironed out. Best of luck.
Thanks Bill!Of course I had to crash when the weather is finally cooling down
BTW, I just added a bunch of updates to the build page.

Cheers - Mark
Oct 21, 2019, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danne1700
Coming from full size a/c I find the notion of an ideal trim situation strange. Full size a/c trim and re-trim all the time. Elevator position (trim) determines airspeed and power level determines if you climb, fly straight or descend.
As a full size pilot, I totally understand..flying medium twins for many years, trimming, engine and fuel management were the only things that make the trips something other than total boredom when flying out west....sometimes you could go for 1/2 hr or more without a peep from ATC..especially at night......but we have little control over exact CG, thrust angles, etc. in a Mooney or Beech Baron....with their models, we do
Oct 22, 2019, 12:02 AM
If we are talking about a free-flight model, I'm with you.
Oct 22, 2019, 07:11 AM

Rear Motor Cover

Has anyone got any nice aerodynamic tail covers for a motorless rear (image for reference)? I've finally got around to building twin-motor setup and would like the tail to be a bit more aerodynamic; as opposed to an empty hole. I've seen a few around in pics but can't seem to find any files on Thingiverse or anywhere.

Also, has anyone had any experience with MarkQ's lowered 12mm twin-motor mounts? I'm wondering how much they improve the situation with nose dives during hand launching. Either way, I'll be trying them soon. I'll post my findings.

Oct 22, 2019, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_q
OK fellow eMT'ers

Here is a package for the 12mm offset twin mounts. There is also an STL file called "Profile_Check" which you can print first and check that I have the profile correct.

In previous versions of these I had a "key" insert to make it stronger but have found this really isn't necessary. I also had a left and right version but this too isn't necessary you just have to slightly dent the inside leading edge point. I would recommend using E6000, UHU-POR or Beacons FoamTac glue.

I'll put it out on Thingiverse and my site after someone confirms it's all good!

Lemee know how it goes

Mark
Hey Mark, just to confirm. Were these files ever tested for fit by yourself or anyone else; and have they been updated since this post? Just wanted to make sure I have the most updated ones if they have been changed. No worries if nobody has tested them yet.

Thanks!
Oct 22, 2019, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritan
Thanks Mark for your explanation, you are doing a h_ll of a good job !!
Hi Mark, I guess you mean the Q_TRAN_PIT_MAX Parameter, because the Q-TRIM_PIT, I can't find it.
Thank you

Quick Reply