Jun 28, 2019, 11:23 AM
Thread OP
Help!

Hello.. building an ROV all good till the electronics

Hello, I very new to ROVs and currently building my first.
I am 11 and still learning so if you do respond please be nice. I am looking to use an Arduino for my controller, am using 3 -Brushless & ESCs flashed to bi-directional.
I am using code from blue robotics GitHub for my Arduino.
Motor spin for a little bit then escs reboot. Any ideas?
Thank you for any help.
also if you have a better idea for a controller please let me know...
to remove ads between posts
Jun 29, 2019, 05:40 AM
Out of the way, Peck!
ESC's might not be rated for the amps the motor is trying to draw.

Also, are your ESC's made for cars/boats or for quadcopters? Because 'drone' esc's aren't really meant to be reversible, no matter What firmware you flash onto them.
Jun 30, 2019, 03:36 AM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
What are you using to power your motors? Your description sounds like a weak power supply - you get plenty of voltage with minimal load, but then you spin up the motors, the current jumps, the voltage tanks, and your ESCs reset.
Latest blog entry: Park pattern/pylon perfection!
Jul 02, 2019, 10:05 AM
Out of the way, Peck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piece
What are you using to power your motors? Your description sounds like a weak power supply - you get plenty of voltage with minimal load, but then you spin up the motors, the current jumps, the voltage tanks, and your ESCs reset.
Good question...i never thought to ask.

I would never consider powering the ROV over the tether, onboard batteries are so much better from a voltage/current sag viewpoint.
Jul 05, 2019, 11:14 AM
Thread OP
using a 100amp hour gel battery. as far as on board batteries, I am trying to stick to competition rules that MATE has set.
Jul 07, 2019, 09:55 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littletech3d
using a 100amp hour gel battery. as far as on board batteries, I am trying to stick to competition rules that MATE has set.
... which are?

Nobody can help you if you can't explain how your circuit is set up.
Latest blog entry: Park pattern/pylon perfection!

Quick Reply