Aug 25, 2018, 05:25 PM
Very dissapointed. As I thought the safe select is a problem. Since there's 6 channels and they are all used on this plane the safe select is not on a switch. It's either bound on or off. Extremely annoyed. In would never have ordered it had I known I can't activate safe while in flight
to remove ads between posts
Aug 25, 2018, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashkorey
Very dissapointed. As I thought the safe select is a problem. Since there's 6 channels and they are all used on this plane the safe select is not on a switch. It's either bound on or off. Extremely annoyed. In would never have ordered it had I known I can't activate safe while in flight
were did you see that info? Did they redo the live stream?
Aug 25, 2018, 06:02 PM
No I have the plane and the instructions say either bind in safe or not. No assigning a switch
Aug 25, 2018, 06:14 PM
Quote:
No I have the plane and the instructions say either bind in safe or not. No assigning a switch
what receiver did they use? Maybe with the PC software, we are getting more options

I would have loved a panic button...
Aug 25, 2018, 06:15 PM
Fly Eat Sleep Repeat
Quote:
Time to upgrade your Tx perhaps?
Aug 25, 2018, 06:30 PM
Even with more channels it's the same bind situation. Also the canopy doesn't fit great. Other than that it's really nice looking
Aug 25, 2018, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianGoesPro
what receiver did they use? Maybe with the PC software, we are getting more options

I would have loved a panic button...
Me too. That's the point of having safe if your experienced and get in a bad situation
Aug 25, 2018, 06:37 PM
UMX 3S OG
with the SAFE/AS3X I like this!
Aug 25, 2018, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Odd. Their flight video shows the ViperJet righting itself with the flick of a switch... many times. How could they change the way a standard AR636 receiver works? Makes no sense.
Aug 25, 2018, 07:15 PM
34 years of flight.
Quote:
its no different from the other SAFE planes. You plug in the bind plug, you plug power to the rx. it flashes, you then remove the bind plug then you hold down bind button on the TX and it binds in Safe mode.. Then you would use the switch on the radio I use switch A on my DX6 Gen2 with my Clipped wing cub to switch from Safe out of safe mode on the Channel input config page I have 5:Gear set for A you can make it whatever switch you like to just make sure its got 100 and -100
page 8 Of the Manual explains this

EDIT: I just re watched the binding part of the Q &A video on facebook and they did say you do need a 7 channel to do everything.. I wonder if you could just leave the retracts alone and use it for Safe.
It does look like a pretty plane I love my F27 but having a plane with gear and flaps would be neat and with rudders
Last edited by epoweredrc; Aug 25, 2018 at 07:29 PM.
Aug 25, 2018, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc
its no different from the other SAFE planes. You plug in the bind plug, you plug power to the rx. it flashes, you then remove the bind plug then you hold down bind button on the TX and it binds in Safe mode.. Then you would use the switch on the radio I use switch A on my DX6 Gen2 with my Clipped wing cub to switch from Safe out of safe mode on the Channel input config page I have 5:Gear set for A you can make it whatever switch you like to just make sure its got 100 and -100
page 8 Of the Manual explains this

EDIT: I just re watched the binding part of the Q &A video on facebook and they did say you do need a 7 channel to do everything.. I wonder if you could just leave the retracts alone and use it for Safe.
It does look like a pretty plane I love my F27 but having a plane with gear and flaps would be neat and with rudders
I'd rather leave off the flaps. Retracted gear looks so cool!
Aug 25, 2018, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Even with more channels it's the same bind situation. Also the canopy doesn't fit great. Other than that it's really nice looking
Did anyone else notice that the viper decal on the fuselage is upside down?
Aug 25, 2018, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq
Odd. Their flight video shows the ViperJet righting itself with the flick of a switch... many times. How could they change the way a standard AR636 receiver works? Makes no sense.
True never thought about that. I'll call horizon Monday.
Aug 25, 2018, 08:39 PM
Wow I never even noticed that on my own plane. Does anybody else have that upside down Viper?
Aug 25, 2018, 09:27 PM
34 years of flight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq
I'd rather leave off the flaps. Retracted gear looks so cool!
yeah, You could tape them in place I guess.

They said they be making more videos on Monday to show binding it to a DX6 and another radio,.. he said you might be able to make SAFE on with Flaps down.. good for landing or take off Not sure. it does stink that you can make all work separately on a 6 channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickstop
Did anyone else notice that the viper decal on the fuselage is upside down?
i didn't even notice that

how do some of you already have this plane? I thought it was just released couple days ago? and not ready for shipment till next month?

Quick Reply