View Poll Results: Will HobbyKing.com be around in 12 months?
Yes.. i still order from them 16 50.00%
No, don't think so...i rarely order from them 10 31.25%
Don't know and couldn't give a rats a$$. 6 18.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Mar 06, 2018, 06:58 AM

The Devil is in the details......

You know all this fuss about lying to the FBI that's been in the news recently... well it turns out you shouldn't fib to the FCC either...

From the document from the FCC.....

"11. We advise HobbyKing that it is a violation of Section 1.17 of the Rules10 for any person
to make any false or misleading written or oral statement of fact to the Commission. Specifically, no
person shall:
(1) In any written or oral statement of fact, intentionally provide material factual
information that is incorrect or intentionally omit material information that is
necessary to prevent any material factual statement that is made from being
incorrect or misleading; and
(2) In any written statement of fact, provide material factual information that is
incorrect or omit material information that is necessary to prevent any material
factual statement that is made from being incorrect or misleading without a
reasonable basis for believing that any such material factual statement is correct
and not misleading.
12. Further, the knowing and willful making of any false statement, or the concealment of
any material fact, in reply to this Citation is punishable by fine or imprisonment.11
13. Violations of Section 1.17 of the Rules or the criminal statute referenced above may
result in further legal action, including monetary forfeitures pursuant to Section 503 of the Act.12
14. Finally, we warn HobbyKing that, under the Privacy Act of 1974,13 Commission staff will
use all relevant material information before it, including information disclosed in interviews or written
statements, to determine what, if any, enforcement action is required to ensure HobbyKing’s compliance
with the Act and Rules. "

Which is why you never talk to the Feds before consulting your lawyers in the US......

So posting anything related to the FCC issue in any public forum or even in company emails by any employee of Hobbyking is a bad idea, unless you've cleared it with your management and the US lawyers.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 06, 2018, 06:35 PM
Modeller, NOT unboxer
What happened to all those posts from yesterday between me, HK Ian, and the other person. At least half a dozen posts have disappeared overnight?
Mar 08, 2018, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Bogan
What happened to all those posts from yesterday between me, HK Ian, and the other person. At least half a dozen posts have disappeared overnight?
A Hobbyking Mod deleted them for obvious reasons. The FCC citation could be serious.
Mar 13, 2018, 01:37 PM
Vienna calling...
This is the strangest sale ever...

Does not work.
Site does not work correctly, for more than a week now.
And now they have reduced many products only "a little bit" and one has to browse and search and the site is soooooooooo slow...

"50% or more off" categorie: Most of the items are less than 50% off, or even not reduced.

The site is so slow for weeks now, it seems to be impossible to surf and search ...

The worst online sale I have ever seen in my life.

Walter
Mar 14, 2018, 04:51 PM
Bobbybrown
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy
Need to read the next sentence to put that statement in context.

"5 HobbyKing’s owner subsequently told the Division that the company ceased
selling the OrangeRX Transmitters and no longer stocks these devices in the United"

I think his original statement (which you have in bold type) only referred to the Orange Rx operations which he says they have ceased.
It was not just the receivers that were the problem, it was the Orange transmitters and receivers that were at issue, Because some (a lot) were sold in the US there had to have been some penalties levied against HK even if they promised to stop selling them.

So why has Rob or Ian not jumped in here. You guys out job hunting? By the way, my friend from Long Island says Hobby King is in Chiner, not China. Anyone know if that's true?
Last edited by Bobybrown; Mar 14, 2018 at 04:57 PM.
Mar 14, 2018, 06:31 PM
Modeller, NOT unboxer
Ian, Rob, why do you keep deleting my posts, this is the second time you have done this. If you do not like people hearing the truth and deleting my posts, at lest delete All of my posts and other replys to it on this page (posts #47,#48,#49,#50,#51,#52,#53,#54), THEN we can move on.
Mar 14, 2018, 07:07 PM
Clean up! The missus is home
That outfit should be called Hobbyclown not Hobbyking!
Mar 16, 2018, 01:41 AM
Modeller, NOT unboxer
Quote:
Ian, Rob, why do you keep deleting my posts, this is the second time you have done this. If you do not like people hearing the truth and deleting my posts, at lest delete All of my posts and other replys to it on this page (posts #47,#48,#49,#50,#51,#52,#53,#54), THEN we can move on.
Ian or Rob, if the above posts#47 to #54 can't be deleted I will have to "copy and paste" all the deleted posts (there's at least half a dozen) from my email thread subscription into my blog page, to make sense of this entire page.

All I wanted was a short honest reply to post #47...... BUT Ian had to be a about it.

I had no idea post #47 would end up like this!!!
Mar 16, 2018, 07:35 AM
Sippin' on Kool Aid
Quote:
Ian or Rob, if the above posts#47 to #54 can't be deleted I will have to "copy and paste" all the deleted posts (there's at least half a dozen) from my email thread subscription into my blog page, to make sense of this entire page.

All I wanted was a short honest reply to post #47...... BUT Ian had to be a about it.

I had no idea post #47 would end up like this!!!
They privately moderate this forum and can edit what they please.

HK isn't shutting down just because they have a big sale. Perhaps they just want to move stagnant stock, or are having a sale with a stupid slogan.

ALso, your articles you linked are 2 years old.
Mar 16, 2018, 08:19 AM
Modeller, NOT unboxer
Quote:
Originally Posted by heligrom
They privately moderate this forum and can edit what they please.

HK isn't shutting down just because they have a big sale. Perhaps they just want to move stagnant stock, or are having a sale with a stupid slogan.

ALso, your articles you linked are 2 years old.
Yes I know now, it was confirmed by Jason Cole and he can see where Ian or Rob deleted some posts https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...anishing-posts

Ian could of said...."We aren't going anywhere the add banner was for the "SALE ITEMS" only and FCC issue was a big misunderstanding and has been dealt with, case closed.

And that would be the end of the matter. But no, Ian had to be sarcastic and bring me in to it and asked if I have ever lied to get out of a fine.
Mar 17, 2018, 07:10 PM
Suspended Account
I actively delete posts that I feel add little to no value. . I enjoy a delicious conspiracy theory as much as the next person but you're really just trolling at this point.

Ian
Last edited by HobbyKing_CS; Mar 26, 2018 at 10:33 AM.
Mar 21, 2018, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyKing_Ian
I actively delete posts that I feel add little to no value. . I enjoy a delicious conspiracy theory as much as the next person but you're really just trolling at this point.

Ian
Ian, can you assure us that HK is going nowhere? All of these sales and great prices on such a large number of products at an unusual time of year makes me nervous that HK might just be getting out of the business.

I'm a very big supporter of HK and have spent many thousands there, and continue to. This is no conspiracy, just a direct question. If so, I will be buying batteries by the fistful!
Last edited by HobbyKing_CS; Mar 26, 2018 at 10:39 AM.
Mar 21, 2018, 06:42 PM
Suspended Account
Going nowhere Bird.
Mar 22, 2018, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyKing_Ian
Going nowhere Bird.
Thank you! I have a Zippy battery addiction that would be unfilled without HK.
Mar 22, 2018, 02:16 PM
Bobbybrown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird09
Thank you! I have a Zippy battery addiction that would be unfilled without HK.
I understand how you feel, I like the Zippy compact batteries a lot. I have to admit, it sure does have the look of a liquidation sale but if Ian says no then we have to believe him.

Quick Reply