Mar 20, 2017, 11:39 AM
man i miss the power of the red motors, these black motors are slugs compared to the red, how are the silvers ?? I am sure it has something to do with AH, has anyone done any mods other than 9450's, i looked for a set of red motors but no luck. Has any one been able to disconnect the AH ? did it make any difference, the way it is now it wont hardly pull itself out of a bind its like the motors are being held back...Roost
to remove ads between posts
Apr 24, 2017, 02:06 PM
Venture, ZMR250, X8, X11, CX10
I'm considering buying the GPS AH version of this, but I strongly prefer flying in mode4 with the aileron/throttle on the left stick and rudder/elevator on the right. The whole thing looks like a clone of the Syma X8 right down to the TX and I know all syma quads can switch from control modes 2 and 4 by holding down a trim button and turning it on. Syma calls it mode1 and 2, but does anyone know if this can do mode4 as described above? Thanks.
Apr 29, 2017, 08:10 PM
FB Group: We Fly RC's
OK. After reading the 10 pages on the X16 and really enjoying the X8's (I've had three), I ordered the X16 today. Hope I get a good one. Reviews seem to be iffy about the assembly quality and out of the box flyability. I also looked at the parts for the X16 and it looks like the esc's are set p with a regular 3 wire link to a receiver. If so, has anyone substituted the X16's receiver for a different (perhaps Spektrum) receiver? That would be so neat if possible.
May 19, 2017, 01:34 AM

issues with new x16

Hello i am new here. Ordered x16 gps version unpacked it but there is a issue with it. i am not able to fly. and i think i cannot even pair it with the transmitter.
drone is blinking fast (strobe) for one second then 1sec. pause and again.
more info
May 17, 2017 (1 min 16 sec)
.i tried to open it to check for cutted wires soldering issues etc. but found nothing
could you let me know if this is the normal blinking? i need to know if there is issue with transmitter or issue with the drone board receiver

thank you
Last edited by sid.dagivers; May 19, 2017 at 07:12 AM. Reason: wrong video link
May 19, 2017, 11:08 AM
Re-read the instructions, as encrypted as they may be. I don't have the GPS model but to start motors, you have to move the joysticks to the bottom and out. That should start the motors. Down and in stops them.
May 20, 2017, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eghershey
Re-read the instructions, as encrypted as they may be. I don't have the GPS model but to start motors, you have to move the joysticks to the bottom and out. That should start the motors. Down and in stops them.
Already did that. I think priblem is pairing with transmitter. Leds on drone are blinking diferently than on youtube videos. I am not paired to the transmitter
May 20, 2017, 07:32 AM
Already did. Priblem is pairing drone to the transmitter. Led blinking is different than on x16 youtube videos
May 22, 2017, 12:19 PM
Darn, try this. Turn radio on first then power up the quad and go thru the process. No work? then Turn quad on first and then turn on radio. Wish I could come up with better help.
May 26, 2017, 02:49 AM
Got it thanks. Issue was the gyro procedure was taking bit longer than in youtube videos. Thank you
May 28, 2017, 03:05 PM
Is it possibe to go higher than 120m with x16? Mine is somehow limited to that altitude?
May 31, 2017, 12:14 PM
You have to do a compass cal then wait to squire Satellites to be able to start motors. Solid Green lights
Jun 15, 2017, 03:27 PM

X16 issues right out of the box..

I have had my X16 for several months now and still haven't been able to get it to fly right.
My first mistake was using automatic launch on its madian flight, it went crazy and almost took my head off. After several attempts at manual launch I noticed rear left motor not spinning correctly. Which explains why it always tipped over to the left when I gave it throttle. I switched it out with the motor diagonal with it and it wanted to flip forward upon throttle. So I figured it was a bad motor. It has been replaced. Now when I arm it and give throttle it tends to fly backwards and to left. My stick commands have little affect.
I was told that the ESC might have issues. Now that the ESC replaced motor won't even spin. I was wondering if the ESC needs calibrated. When I reinstalled old ESC motor spins.
Another thing. When motors spin in idle no problems with shut down. But when the slightest throttle is applied shutdown takes forever. I'm so frustrated at this point all I want to do is throw it in the trash. Any information appreciated.
Aug 13, 2017, 01:58 PM
I ave the drone for quite some time now and it is pretty good. As for its price range it is a great brushless flyer that may help you learn to fly a drone with GPS and some other extras.

Last thing to test was the range of the RC. Most of the websites claim 300-500 and I managed to get about 430 meters, nicely within that distance.

Here's the journey:

Bayangtoys Range test
Aug 13, 2017, 02:46 PM
Good job 1/4 mile. I take that. Now if I could find 1/4 open land.
Aug 17, 2017, 02:45 PM

Antenna Mod.

I don't have anything to compare my antenna mod to except Kub40's great video. 1410 ft. WOW. I've never flown mine over about 300 meters because after that the grass is too tall to find a quad if it goes down.
The mod I did was to cut the tip of the dummy antenna off at the very top and re-route the antenna into the dummy antenna and glue it in position.
Today, I was flying the X16 FPV and the battery on the quads FPV camera went dead. I was way out at the end of my perceived end zone and by the time I got my goggles off and started looking into the sky it had drifted well past a 1/4 mile. I couldn't see it, but as luck would have it another flyer was looking at it all the while. He's not a quad flier so all I could do was to follow his directions and steer it back home. (Try to figure out orentation using a second person giving directions). So I know that my mod does indeed help with range extention. I'll include pictures.

Quick Reply