View Poll Results: Which type of combat do you prefer?
One design (same plane shape/size) with common and battery) 1 4.35%
Similiar planes (Kens single motor combat planes) and common motor and battery. 14 60.87%
No limits except battery size (900 mAh 2S) 3 13.04%
Anything that flies....no limits 5 21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Apr 16, 2017, 06:16 PM
easter honey do chores got in the way of build time til just now. kids came for dinner, then i got to building. my wing is a 24 incher. windy days have kept me grounded from flying any toys, hating that. holiday spending over, onto servo buying and wing finishing. starting 12 hr workdays on monday, not much time for building. most crafting will be while at work, slow but doable. extra ot will help with getting my parts here though. thank you engineering department, their slow pace puts us on heavy ot to make completion date.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 17, 2017, 07:50 AM
treefinder
Ah Ric, I remember those days, although I was in the engineering dept. Weatherstrip guy solving body build problems after they promised us the builds would be perfect so we could use those tiny seals like the Japanese do!

Foamies are way more fun!
Apr 17, 2017, 07:55 AM
treefinder
Speaking of fun, weather and winds supposed to be mild next few days, (at least that was yesterdays forecast.) wanna try an outdoor session (morning or evening) perhaps at the Lions field or the macomb rec complex? You're always welcome at the aerodrome, of course, but the other two venues are more central locations. With trees gone we can face east now at aerodrome!
Apr 17, 2017, 12:24 PM
i have the next two days off where are the Lions field or the Macomb rec complex?

Mike
Apr 17, 2017, 12:47 PM
We are a Japanese run company (Sanyo machine). I make a living fixing their shipped in "perfect" builds of assembly cells and build lines. When I build a toy, at least the mistakes are my own!
Apr 17, 2017, 07:12 PM
Flying Wannabee AKA Ricky
But look how much money they save building it overseas.
Apr 18, 2017, 05:41 AM
They delight in having 8mm holes that pair with a 6 or 10 mm mating part. Rocket scientists for sure. Honda America was real impressed when they spied some of that action! Ric-san repair man makes it all fit. Crazy global economics.
Apr 18, 2017, 08:30 AM
treefinder
Mike, looks like just you and me. The Lions field is on Van Dyke between 26 and 27 Mi rd. There is a lions club with parking lot in front on east side of road. Field is to north. Do you have a time you like?
Apr 18, 2017, 11:29 AM
treefinder
Just got home from Chebby dealer to find wife suffering allergies and that we have granddaughter duty, so staying close to home.
Apr 18, 2017, 06:28 PM
I ended up doing yard work today, I heard rain for tomorrow, some other day.

Mike
Apr 18, 2017, 07:10 PM
treefinder
Best laid plans. . .
Apr 19, 2017, 11:31 AM
The wind Has been causing problems last couple days but I fixed that! I have a sports kite and I have been using that. So now except for the rain, I'm prepared

Just looked at the weather for tomorrow. Wouldn't you know it, mother nature has blocked me another way. Thunderstorms! I don't even dare use my kayak hobby to get around that!

Shall we do just what we normally do and fly indoors?
Apr 19, 2017, 03:06 PM
treefinder
I think I'll plan for both and see what it looks like at breakfast!
Apr 19, 2017, 04:51 PM
Build straight - Fly twisty
What you need is a huge indoor flying venue that also provides a great breakfast.
I can see the sign: FEED 'N FLY
Apr 19, 2017, 05:58 PM
AKA Larry
I will be there.......this string of bad weather days is what doomed our Tuesday combat

Larry

Quick Reply