Mar 26, 2017, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvalvo1 View Post
Anyone use the cc3d revolution F4? Have an offer to get it for 20. Thoughts on it, it seeems good from what i read just interested in some feedback from trusted sources.
id personally stay away from the cc3d boards and F4 for that matter. For you're purpose and being new I would check out something like the Xracer f303 V3.1, cheap, and similar board layout to the naze32 you already have. It should come with betaflight already installed also.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 26, 2017, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrip2010 View Post
id personally stay away from the cc3d boards and F4 for that matter. For you're purpose and being new I would check out something like the Xracer f303 V3.1, cheap, and similar board layout to the naze32 you already have. It should come with betaflight already installed also.
The offer is good for the board however, and if I ever want to move further, or transfer the board to a higher tech platform I can. Is there any particular reason for straying away from F4 and the board in particular?
Mar 26, 2017, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Yep the motor mapping was wrong, and while switching the esc around I fried my flight controller,
SOOO looks like i ain't flying

Any suggestions for a good flight controller that is similar in size to the Naze Acro 32?
Forget Naze and get a F3 or F4 based controller. My personal favorite is Omnibus series. BFF3 FC is also very good but bit more expensive (but you also support Betaflight development ).
Mar 26, 2017, 09:52 PM
Armattan Spy
For F3 boards I like the LUX V2 and Fury F3, for AIO F3s I like the Betaflight FC
F4s the new DYS F4 AIO board or Omnibus F4 AIO
Mar 26, 2017, 10:01 PM
Quote:
The offer is good for the board however, and if I ever want to move further, or transfer the board to a higher tech platform I can. Is there any particular reason for straying away from F4 and the board in particular?
cc3d for me in the past were always a pain to get betaflight flashed over (you don't want to run opentoilet that they come with). You being new, would be more of a hassle for you in my opinion than what its worth. Plenty of other F3/F4 boards out there that come with betaflight ready to go. As far as F4 goes I don't see the need for it yet, for what I do that is. I had the RF revolt F4 and hated it, it doesn't support S.port for telemetry so that was a no go. I noticed no difference in flight performance, and that was running everything at 32khz. Its just my opinion though, F3 is more than enough for what I use it for. When it comes to transferring it to a high tech platform, most of the top pilots out there are running F3 boards.
Mar 26, 2017, 10:03 PM
I crush you
Quote:
cc3d for me in the past were always a pain to get betaflight flashed over (you don't want to run opentoilet that they come with). You being new, would be more of a hassle for you in my opinion than what its worth. Plenty of other F3/F4 boards out there that come with betaflight ready to go. As far as F4 goes I don't see the need for it yet, for what I do that is. I had the RF revolt F4 and hated it, it doesn't support S.port for telemetry so that was a no go. I noticed no difference in flight performance, and that was running everything at 32khz. Its just my opinion though, F3 is more than enough for what I use it for. When it comes to transferring it to a high tech platform, most of the top pilots out there are running F3 boards.
Open Toilet. Lol!

Hey, hey. My very first FC was a shiny new CC3D from RMRC and Open Pilot I still have that thing somewhere.
Mar 26, 2017, 10:09 PM
Anyone use the OMNIBUS AIO F3
Last edited by pvalvo1; Mar 26, 2017 at 10:18 PM.
Mar 26, 2017, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinchTune View Post
Open Toilet. Lol!

Hey, hey. My very first FC was a shiny new CC3D from RMRC and Open Pilot I still have that thing somewhere.
Haha I had to put that in there. Honestly though, do they even do any firmware development for Open Pilot anymore?
Mar 26, 2017, 10:35 PM
Epic Fail
Quote:
I haven't but I hear good things about it for the most part. Airbot has a pretty good rep in this business. Go for it!
Mar 26, 2017, 10:38 PM
Dragon Keeper
Quote:
I have an omnibus AIO f4 and I like it a lot... While I don't think I'll use it to its potential I wanted it for the AIO I really like the BF osd
Mar 26, 2017, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguru View Post
I haven't but I hear good things about it for the most part. Airbot has a pretty good rep in this business. Go for it!
Looking into the board I realize it just has to much stuff on it lol, I don't need attention eh high tech fancy stuff yet, imma go with the xracer f303 that was suggested elarlier due to simplicity
Mar 26, 2017, 10:42 PM
Epic Fail
Quote:
Looking into the board I realize it just has to much stuff on it lol, I don't need attention eh high tech fancy stuff yet, imma go with the xracer f303 that was suggested elarlier due to simplicity
If you can find an Xracer f303 then jump on it. They are kind of hard to find right now but if you look hard enough you can find them.
Mar 26, 2017, 10:44 PM
Dragon Keeper
I have several quads running the Xracer f303 as well and like it just wish it had the BF osd... Lol
Mar 26, 2017, 10:48 PM
Yeah they can be found but run 28 or so dollars, is there a similar for less or should I just jump for that. Would rather spend less in case I find more way to fry them

Update: just got an offer for a 3.1 for 20 bucks basically brand new, gonna go for it
Last edited by pvalvo1; Mar 26, 2017 at 11:03 PM.
Mar 26, 2017, 10:52 PM
I crush you
Quote:
Haha I had to put that in there. Honestly though, do they even do any firmware development for Open Pilot anymore?
Nope. OP is dead. In fact, things were already in turmoil when I joined. They asked me to join the wiki and help contribute. But I was just learning at the time and didn't feel I was qualified. It was 2014 I think and this was right when the Blackout frame was being developed. I was still flying a tricopter as the "mini quad" had not yet been invented.

Anyway, I finished my Chameleon finally. Here's a pic. https://www.instagram.com/p/BSG2a6XD...n-by=pinchtune

Quick Reply