Feb 04, 2017, 02:33 PM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigruss
How do I activate them?
Power your strip with 5V and GND, and connect signal line to PWM6 through-hole.

Don't forget to turn on the feature "LED_STRIP" in configuration tab of BFC.

Quote:
And I don't know which is which anymore as far as aio.
I'm confused for last couple of month now

Quote:
Is the a thread for f4 pro v2?
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...Omnibus-f4-pro
to remove ads between posts
Feb 05, 2017, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teralift

If you are using stock 3.1.x, it should work on PWM6.

This is a F4 AIO thread, so I will explicitly write it.

With STOCK BF 3.1.x, LED strip works on
F4 AIO (OMNIBUSF4 target) : PWM5

F4 V2 and F4 Pro (OMNIBUSF4SD target) : PWM6
Are you sure about the V2 board mapping the LED strip to PWM6?

I just dump my "Resource" list from my V2 and noticed that it showed A01 matching LED Strip and Motor 5 pad (copied it in part below)
resource MOTOR 5 A01
resource MOTOR 6 A08
resource LED_STRIP A01

Am I messed up? Thanks
Feb 05, 2017, 01:38 PM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrotor
Are you sure about the V2 board mapping the LED strip to PWM6?

I just dump my "Resource" list from my V2 and noticed that it showed A01 matching LED Strip and Motor 5 pad (copied it in part below)
resource MOTOR 5 A01
resource MOTOR 6 A08
resource LED_STRIP A01

Am I messed up? Thanks
Code:
#ifdef OMNIBUSF4SD
    DEF_TIM(TIM5,  CH2, PA1,  TIM_USE_MOTOR,               TIMER_OUTPUT_STANDARD, 0), // S5_OUT
    DEF_TIM(TIM1,  CH1, PA8,  TIM_USE_MOTOR | TIM_USE_LED, TIMER_OUTPUT_STANDARD, 0), // S6_OUT
#else
    DEF_TIM(TIM5,  CH2, PA1,  TIM_USE_MOTOR | TIM_USE_LED, TIMER_OUTPUT_STANDARD, 0), // S5_OUT
    DEF_TIM(TIM1,  CH1, PA8,  TIM_USE_MOTOR,               TIMER_OUTPUT_STANDARD, 0), // S6_OUT
#endif
Can you check the target identifier? If OBF4, your board is flashed with OMNIBUSF4 (which corresponds to your resource mapping).
Feb 06, 2017, 01:05 AM
a6j
a6j
There is a need to connect the servos to the board. I tried to connect to PWM5 and PWM6 but the servo is not working.
Which pin of the servo can be connected, or what settings you need to make?
Thank you.
Feb 06, 2017, 03:29 AM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Originally Posted by a6j
There is a need to connect the servos to the board. I tried to connect to PWM5 and PWM6 but the servo is not working.
Which pin of the servo can be connected, or what settings you need to make?
Thank you.
With BF3.1, you have to explicitly assign servos by cli resource command.

Try

Code:
resource pwm 5 none
resource pwm 6 none
resource led_strip none
resource servo 1 a1
resource servo 2 a8
save
Feb 06, 2017, 08:44 AM
AKA jflyper

3.1.x PWM freaking out fix

For those of you need an immediate fix for the PWM motor freaking out on arm:

Exotic OMNIBUS

There is an entry "[BF3.1.x] Fix PWM motors freaking out on arm".
Feb 06, 2017, 02:01 PM
a6j
a6j
Quote:
Code:
resource pwm 5 none
resource pwm 6 none
resource led_strip none
resource servo 1 a1
resource servo 2 a8
save
The servo is not working. You can still need something to set up in the "Servos"?
My resource settings:
Code:
resource BEEPER 1 B04
resource MOTOR 1 B00
resource MOTOR 2 B01
resource MOTOR 3 A03
resource MOTOR 4 A02
resource MOTOR 5 A01
resource MOTOR 6 A08
resource MOTOR 7 NONE
resource MOTOR 8 NONE
resource MOTOR 9 NONE
resource MOTOR 10 NONE
resource MOTOR 11 NONE
resource MOTOR 12 NONE
resource SERVO 1 A01
resource SERVO 2 A08
resource SERVO 3 NONE
resource SERVO 4 NONE
resource SERVO 5 NONE
resource SERVO 6 NONE
resource SERVO 7 NONE
resource SERVO 8 NONE
resource PPM 1 B14
resource PWM 1 B14
resource PWM 2 B15
resource PWM 3 C06
resource PWM 4 C07
resource PWM 5 NONE
resource PWM 6 NONE
resource PWM 7 NONE
resource PWM 8 NONE
resource LED_STRIP 1 NONE
Firmware 3.1.3
Feb 07, 2017, 01:21 AM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Originally Posted by a6j
The servo is not working. You can still need something to set up in the "Servos"?
Firmware 3.1.3
What are you going to do with these servos? Cam gimbal, tail servo for TRI, triggering external PWM controlled device, etc... Different use case require different settings.
Feb 07, 2017, 02:24 AM
For connecting a receiver - I have a spektrum ar7700, it has PPM output also SRXL output.

I can use either, but tried PPM to the UART3 pins, but couldn't get it to recognize. Do I need to solder the little jumper between SBUS and PPM? In the GUI I've selected the Rx_serial under ports tab for UART3.

If I use SRXL do I just connect this to the DSMX port on the FC?
Feb 07, 2017, 03:21 AM
I'm trying to flash a Omnibus F4 Pro (V2) from my Airbot with BF 3.1.3 (Target OmnibusF4SD).
I have the Zadig Driver Installed and could go to DFU-Mode without Problems.
When I try to flash, the FC gets erased (Progress bar "Erasing" gets filed. After the deleting I get instantly a full yellow progress bar "Flashing" and then nothing happens (I have waited a long time). Afterword the FC didn't connect in normal Mode, but Bootmode (DFU) is still accessible (but won't flash).
I have read that it could be possible, that the Bootloader is blocked and I should use a FTDI Programmer to unlock.

Where should I connect the FTDI? Is Uart1 ok? How to proceed?
Feb 07, 2017, 03:31 AM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Originally Posted by zfoy
For connecting a receiver - I have a spektrum ar7700, it has PPM output also SRXL output.

I can use either, but tried PPM to the UART3 pins, but couldn't get it to recognize. Do I need to solder the little jumper between SBUS and PPM? In the GUI I've selected the Rx_serial under ports tab for UART3.

If I use SRXL do I just connect this to the DSMX port on the FC?
As I mentioned in the clones and counterfeits thread, I don't know about Speks, but I realized that you are using UART3.

OMNIBUS F4 Series uses UART1 for Serial RX. Try switching to UART1.

For the jumper, SBUS must be closed. How does your jumper section look like? (There are a couple of revisions.) A pic would be great.
Feb 07, 2017, 03:32 AM
a6j
a6j
Quote:
What are you going to do with these servos? Cam gimbal, tail servo for TRI, triggering external PWM controlled device, etc... Different use case require different settings.
Servo will be used to tilt the course video camera.
Feb 07, 2017, 03:33 AM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Originally Posted by SignalSpirit
I'm trying to flash a Omnibus F4 Pro (V2) from my Airbot with BF 3.1.3 (Target OmnibusF4SD).
I have the Zadig Driver Installed and could go to DFU-Mode without Problems.
When I try to flash, the FC gets erased (Progress bar "Erasing" gets filed. After the deleting I get instantly a full yellow progress bar "Flashing" and then nothing happens (I have waited a long time). Afterword the FC didn't connect in normal Mode, but Bootmode (DFU) is still accessible (but won't flash).
I have read that it could be possible, that the Bootloader is blocked and I should use a FTDI Programmer to unlock.

Where should I connect the FTDI? Is Uart1 ok? How to proceed?
Can you try flashing it in DFU mode, with Full chip erase = OFF?

If flashing is successful and you can connect normally with the configurator, goto CLI tab and enter "defaults" to erase the old config data stored in eeprom; this will be equivalent to "Full chip erase".

The blocked bootloader issue seen on clones are kindly addressed in newer configurator.
Feb 07, 2017, 10:25 AM
Ahhh can someone please help me, I must be missing something but I cannot connect ibus to this board, not using the sbus pins (j7) but this works for ppm ok, everything else I try I can't get it to work, tried j2, j6 and j1, all on Rx pin , selected serial and ibus on config page, selected the correct UART , tried 2 omnibus f4 boards and two receivers 1 x6b and a ia6b , just don't know what I've missed
Feb 07, 2017, 10:53 AM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp8rk
Ahhh can someone please help me, I must be missing something but I cannot connect ibus to this board, not using the sbus pins (j7) but this works for ppm ok, everything else I try I can't get it to work, tried j2, j6 and j1, all on Rx pin , selected serial and ibus on config page, selected the correct UART , tried 2 omnibus f4 boards and two receivers 1 x6b and a ia6b , just don't know what I've missed
Use J7 and UART1.

Quick Reply