Jan 06, 2017, 12:49 AM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige69
I have a couple of questions.

I bought one of the "Pro V2" versions with the barometer and sd card reader from RTFQ.

Whenever I go into DFU mode the buzzer screams. Without de-soldering it, is there a way to stop this from happening?
I have to check that.

Quote:
Also, I have GPS with built-in compass (UBLOX M8N GPS GLONASS with compass). The GPS works, but I cannot get the Compass/Mag to work. From what I have read, with the supplied cable, plugs into J10 on the board with RX/TX6 running the GPS and the compass is supposed to work off TX/RX3 (SDA/SCL). Any suggestions?

I'm running BF 3.1-RC3
I2C is not enabled for OMNIBUSF4SD target (that's what OMNIBUS F4 Pro uses) in BF3.1. I'm anticipating that it will be available in BF3.2, as a part of the phase 2 resource management scheme. However, if you want to try the sneak preview, watch what Exotic OMNIBUS blog entry. I will be uploading some exotic ones later today.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 06, 2017, 01:09 AM
Thanks Teralift.

I wasn't even able to get the compass to work in 3.0.1. Not a major issue, but I have it there and would like to experiment with it

I will keep an eye on your exotic blog
Jan 06, 2017, 07:59 AM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige69
I have a couple of questions.

I bought one of the "Pro V2" versions with the barometer and sd card reader from RTFQ.

Whenever I go into DFU mode the buzzer screams. Without de-soldering it, is there a way to stop this from happening?
Quote:
Originally Posted by teralift
I have to check that.
The OMNIBUS F4 series all have "INVERTED BEEPER", which buzz when a pin driving the beeper circuit is low. When the F4 is reset, all pins go (kind of) low, so the beeper beeps. This is by hardware design and I believe you can not stop it.
Jan 06, 2017, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teralift
The OMNIBUS F4 series all have "INVERTED BEEPER", which buzz when a pin driving the beeper circuit is low. When the F4 is reset, all pins go (kind of) low, so the beeper beeps. This is by hardware design and I believe you can not stop it.
Thanks for checking up on that.
Jan 06, 2017, 09:11 AM
Just got my Omnibus f4 pro V2, but I can't find the f4sd firmware in betaflight. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Jan 06, 2017, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the schire
Just got my Omnibus f4 pro V2, but I can't find the f4sd firmware in betaflight. Can someone point me in the right direction?
https://github.com/betaflight/betafl...MNIBUSF4SD.hex

That is 3.1 RC4
Jan 06, 2017, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hincey
Awesome, thank you. Us 3.0.1 more stable? I have that on my slightly broken OMNIBUS f4 aio.
Jan 06, 2017, 10:36 AM
AKA jflyper
Quote:
Awesome, thank you. Us 3.0.1 more stable? I have that on my slightly broken OMNIBUS f4 aio.
OMNIBUS F4 Pro (OMNIBUSF4SD target) is not supported by 3.0.1.
Jan 06, 2017, 12:48 PM
Constantly Confused
does the Omnibus F4 from RTFQuads include 6 pin jst-sh cables with the FC?

Thanks!
Jan 06, 2017, 04:25 PM
Quote:
You need to enable "Show unstable releases" to be able to see the F4SD board and firmwares listed.

Downloading them is an option as well. To see and download the latest look here: https://github.com/betaflight/betaflight/releases
Jan 06, 2017, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanorapture View Post

Thanks!
Mine did not come with anything except the FC and a sheet showing board pin identification. They do have the option to buy them I believe?
Jan 06, 2017, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanorapture View Post

Thanks!
G'day nanoraptur,

It doesn't come with the JST connector. You can add it to your order here though...

http://www.readytoflyquads.com/cables
Jan 07, 2017, 08:02 PM
I cant get telemetry to work on Omnibus F4 Pro.

I followed these nice video tutorial:
Omnibus F4/F4 Pro & X4R-SB: Connect & Telemetry (12 min 16 sec)

But when i search for sensors on Taranis he is not finding any. I tried on UART3 and UART6 port on the FC. But the same result.

Any ideas what i could try to make it work?
Jan 07, 2017, 09:06 PM
I'm having the same issue with 3.1 rc4 and followed the same video. I did see another guy in the BF thread that was having issues getting telemetry on a revolt. Making a new model and searching for new sensors did it for him. I'll test it at some point.
Jan 07, 2017, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hincey View Post
I'm having the same issue with 3.1 rc4 and followed the same video. I did see another guy in the BF thread that was having issues getting telemetry on a revolt. Making a new model and searching for new sensors did it for him. I'll test it at some point.
I already tested that with a new model but it dont works.

Does it work for you with a older BF version?

EDIT: Tested with BF 3.0.1 Stable and BF 3.1 RC4 and BF 3.1 RC5. Still not working.
Last edited by MrSmith2016; Jan 07, 2017 at 11:13 PM.

Quick Reply