Jun 25, 2015, 01:37 PM
Thread OP
Mini-Review

MJX X900 (Under construction)

INTRODUCTION

MJX introduces here the first nanohexacopter in the market, the X900. The X900 is the little little brother of two other hexacopters, the minihexacopter X600 and the microhexacopter X800.

BOX CONTENT

+ 1 x MJX X900 (with a 1S 100mAh LiPo )
+ 1 x Transmitter (using 2xAAA batteries not included)
+ 1 x USB charger cable
+ 6 x Spare props (3 CW, 3 CCW)
+ 1 x Instruction manual (english)

OVERVIEW

The X900 is just a little bit larger than a classic nanoquadcopter, for example compared with the V676

or with its little big brother, i.e. the X800

No prop guards are included. Probably because the weight is relatively already important, close to 22g so approximatively 8-10g more than the CX-10 for example.

Props are identical in size than the cheerson CX-10 model

Disassembling

8 screws to remove to split in 2 parts the canopy. The PCB is jailed between both parts

We can see the new popular XN297 2.4G RF chip sending the Beken 2423 to retirement.

LiPo

A 100mAh model directly soldered to the FC

No discharge rate mentioned but I find the battery a little bit weak. Probably a better LiPo should give more punch to this model.

Motors

Motors are 6mmx12mm coreless ...

Transmitter

A nanoTX model ultra simple. Only 4 trims button and the left shoulder button selecting one of the three speed mode !!! that's all.

Well a click on the right stick activates also 360 flip. No headless mode.The gyroscopes calibration is done by pushing both sticks in lower right position. With the X800, you can turn on/off the light.

The interior part of the design is well designed, especially the RF connexion. In practice, the control range is pretty good for a nano. We can see the PQ297 a variant of XN297. I am looking for the pinout of this PQ297 model

FIRST USAGE

MJX X900 outdoors test (Courtesy Banggood) (5 min 51 sec)

The beginner mode offers an extremely slow yaw rate and paradoxaly too slow to feel confident in narrow places. Everything is good as soon as you engage intermediate mode. The pitch rate permits to have fast mouvements but not strong enough to offer great FF outdoors.The CX-10 is faster in comparaison. The plateform is stable, LEDs nice. Props pops out very easily especially after a crash.

CONCLUSIONS

Nice design for this nano-hexacopter and general good assembling quality. Very stable, this X900 is more adapted for beginners practicing indoors. The control range is good as well as the flying duration. Whatever, due to the 22g, the X900 lacks bit of vertical thrust. it's not a model on steroids. Probably a 100mAh with a better discharge rate should solve this behaviour.

UNBOXING

MJX X900 unboxing and quick testing (Courtesy Banggood) (8 min 8 sec)

PROS

+ Nanohexacopter
+ Stable
+ Design, quality built
+ Good flying duration (5min)
+ LVC LEDs alarm (after approx 5mm of flight)
+ Good radio range
+ Radio compatible with the X600 or the X800

CONS

- NanoTX format
- Props pop out easily
- Slow yaw rate in beginner mode
- No Prop guard
- Not fast in sport mode
- Automatic flips in expert mode
- No Headless mode
- YAP (Yet Another Protocol but potentially Deviatizable)

This hexacopter have been courtesy provided by Banggood in order to make a fair and not biased review. I would like to thanks them for this attitude.

You can find it actually for 22.5 USD at http://www.banggood.com/MJX-X900-X-900-2_4G-6-Axis-3D-Roll-RC-Quadcopter-p-972722.html
Last edited by SeByDocKy; Sep 18, 2015 at 06:17 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 25, 2015, 01:37 PM
Thread OP
Reserved
Jun 26, 2015, 05:26 AM
Thread OP
Ok it's possible with the MJX X800 remote to fly the X900 in gravity mode

MJX X900 gravity mode test (0 min 50 sec)
Jun 26, 2015, 05:40 AM
Nice review!

How strange, I got it in a different box with the X800-style TX! They must have made different editions in order to be able to sell it at different price points.
Jun 26, 2015, 07:16 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebiglost
Nice review!

How strange, I got it in a different box with the X800-style TX! They must have made different editions in order to be able to sell it at different price points.
Probably ... I saw a X900 and X901 as references in BG
Jun 30, 2015, 05:25 AM
Gearbest is also offering the quadcopter, just $22.39, free shipping!!!

Actually the MJX X900 on sale in Gearbest isn't the original edition, so now we also call it MJX X901.
The difference between MJX X900 and MJX X901 is the different transmitters. The transmitter of MJX X901 is smaller than original transmitter of MJX X900, so we can ship this MJX X901 with small package. Different from the original transmitter of MJX X900, the smaller MJX X901 Transmitter doesn't have the gravity sensor function.

Are there some people still interested in the original MJX X900?
If there are, I'll report to my colleague to get such products in stock for you.

Not know whether the MJX X900 in Banggood is also like the MJX X901 in our store.
Jul 07, 2015, 02:21 PM
Is there a way, instrument, to mesure te c rate of a battery?
Jul 07, 2015, 02:25 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multirotor Go
Is there a way, instrument, to mesure te c rate of a battery?
Good question ...... I guess a wattmeter with a system a variable load ?
Jul 07, 2015, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
Good question ...... I guess a wattmeter with a system a variable load ?
Well in my book if you don't know, nobody else in the whole universe know LOL
Jul 07, 2015, 04:05 PM
AMA 869451 / FAA 13675
"Are there some people still interested in the original MJX X900?
If there are, I'll report to my colleague to get such products in stock for you."
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Gearbest, I ordered a MJX900 two days ago just because I wanted the original
larger transmitter, NOT the smaller one! Do you know if I will be getting the
smaller one???? ORDER # WW1507040739267356

If it's the small transmitter just cancel the order and refund to my PayPal account.
On your website the description and the video only showed the big transmitter and
made no mention of the small one. I sure hope that this is not going to become a big
issue!!!!
Jul 07, 2015, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papajeff
"Are there some people still interested in the original MJX X900?
If there are, I'll report to my colleague to get such products in stock for you."
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Gearbest, I ordered a MJX900 two days ago just because I wanted the original
larger transmitter, NOT the smaller one! Do you know if I will be getting the
smaller one???? ORDER # WW1507040739267356

If it's the small transmitter just cancel the order and refund to my PayPal account.
On your website the description and the video only showed the big transmitter and
made no mention of the small one. I sure hope that this is not going to become a big
issue!!!!
Hi , it is the small transmitter, the original larger transmitter needs to wait a few days, so do you want to cancel the order?
Last edited by Gearbest; Jul 07, 2015 at 08:40 PM.
Jul 07, 2015, 08:46 PM
How many people are interested in the MJX X900 original larger transmitter?
Jul 07, 2015, 11:55 PM

Larger transmitter

I think many people would be interested in the larger transmitter, usually people hate micro transmitters.

Also we need spare parts, propellers black and white, and motors. maybe you could get spare big transmitters
Jul 08, 2015, 12:47 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multirotor Go
I think many people would be interested in the larger transmitter, usually people hate micro transmitters.

Also we need spare parts, propellers black and white, and motors. maybe you could get spare big transmitters
I agree ..... as well as for the MJX X800 since they share the same protocol
Jul 08, 2015, 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
I agree ..... as well as for the MJX X800 since they share the same protocol
It can also be flown with the X600 transmitter, tested this briefly a few days ago.

Quick Reply