May 18, 2015, 08:49 AM
Another one just posted in his YouTube channel

Testflight in Storm - Tarot X6 and Tarot ZYX-M (0 min 43 sec)
to remove ads between posts
May 18, 2015, 04:14 PM
Free fall is not free
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITEM
Mine is finally here!
Great pics. I like the Naza comparison for scale
May 18, 2015, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebloodynine
Found some images of the internals here (GPS is U-blox NEO-6m).
another Pixhawk lite?
May 19, 2015, 09:48 AM
Just got mine..... GPS mast ordered separately, as the kit does not include one.
Last edited by Noddy1960; May 19, 2015 at 11:53 AM.
May 19, 2015, 11:30 AM
Zero Cash Money

Up and Flying!!!

Hey All

Took me an hour to put it in a F550 Flamewheel that all ready had the motors and esc's...
So E300 motors, DJI White optos, 9450 rctimer Carbon Fiber props!!!

It is scary close to the DJI software... the only thing you can not do is assign a rx channel and adjust the gains!!! But I followed the manual in gain settings for a Hex.

Back yard flying... GPS hold is really good, ATT is level with no wind it does not drift around... holds altitude very well!!

There is a slight hesitation when ascending... or trying to do a punch out in GPS mode or ATT mode!!!!
Descends quite well no bucking or dancing around!!!
Can fly 10 inches off the ground and holds altitude... what is nice instead like the Naza that will slightly descend when you slow to a stop the Tarot actually ascends a little!!then holds altitude!!!!!
The yaw tho is a little slower than Naza, hovering and doing a 360, 360 over and over, holds in position, no toilet bowl!!!!
There is 2 lights on the GPS unit hard to see even when it is dark!! BUT Blue is GPS signal good RED flashing low quality signal RED solid no signal!!

By this week end I will have some FPV gear on it and will be able to take it out and really do some testing, along with POI, and RTH!!!
Stay tuned!!!
May 19, 2015, 11:44 AM
Great Job Dale, looking forward to more details!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Dale
Hey All

Took me an hour to put it in a F550 Flamewheel that all ready had the motors and esc's...

It is scary close to the DJI software... the only thing you can not do is assign a rx channel and adjust the gains!!! But I followed the manual in gain settings for a Hex.

Back yard flying... GPS hold is really good, ATT is level with no wind it does not drift around... holds altitude very well!!

There is a slight hesitation when ascending... or trying to do a punch out in GPS mode or ATT mode!!!!
Can fly 10 inches off the ground and holds altitude... what is nice instead like the Naza that will slightly descend when you slow to a stop the Tarot actually ascends a little!!then holds altitude!!!!!
The yaw tho is a little slower than Naza, hovering and doing a 360, 360 over and over, holds in position, no toilet bowl!!!!
There is 2 lights on the GPS unit hard to see even when it is dark!! BUT Blue is GPS signal good RED flashing low quality signal RED solid no signal!!

By this week end I will have some FPV gear on it and will be able to take it out and really do some testing, along with POI, and RTH!!!
Stay tuned!!!
May 19, 2015, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Hey All

Stay tuned!!!
So could you please explain - compared to pixhawk with an ability to tune gains and fine tune whole platform - what is the benefit to run this package? Just price?
Or is it supposed to be better or more stable, anything else?

As I would not care to spend $120 on it if I would understand the benefits. I had a plan to use pixhawk on the tarot 690 build I am getting to and just saw this thread.

I do not see any details about the software. Does it have English language?

Is there any integration with iOS on Apple devices? If they did rip off DJI app for FC - how is it going to communicate with iPad and via what interface?

What does it do, literally? Can it fly nav points? Return to the launch sport?
May 19, 2015, 12:17 PM
Zero Cash Money
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utkinpol
So could you please explain - compared to pixhawk with an ability to tune gains and fine tune whole platform - what is the benefit to run this package? Just price?
Or is it supposed to be better or more stable, anything else?

As I would not care to spend $120 on it if I would understand the benefits. I had a plan to use pixhawk on the tarot 690 build I am getting to and just saw this thread.

I do not see any details about the software. Does it have English language?

Is there any integration with iOS on Apple devices? If they did rip off DJI app for FC - how is it going to communicate with iPad and via what interface?

What does it do, literally? Can it fly nav points? Return to the launch sport?
I wish I could answer all your questions.... I do not own a Pixhawk so I can advise you of that... Yes they have manual and software in English! The gains are not PID settings a 10 to 100 scale on Pitch, Roll, Yaw and Vertical... also on Basic Gains...
Being new I do not know how they are gonna communicate with a ground station for PC or Ipad, iPhone, so at this point no Nav points yet until they come out with a ground station tx/rx unit!
It has RTH and POI (like DJI Wookong and A2) also retractable landing gear control, when RTH is active the landing will lower to down position, control their OSD (not out yet) unit 2 video inputs select cam 1 or cam 2 and Gimbals (their new g5 gimbal)
If you use S-Bus or PPM you can custom assign all the channels to the functions you want 11 channels... earlier in the thread I posted the Manual english version!!
If you download their software after you install it the manuals is in the program file section on windows...
Then you can see how the GUI works!!

Here is the download for the software
http://www.tarotrc.com/tool/ZYX_M_Setup_v1.0.exe
May 19, 2015, 10:09 PM
Free fall is not free
Quote:
Hey All

Stay tuned!!!
How did I know you would be first to fly?
May 19, 2015, 11:50 PM
Zero Cash Money
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunN4Lo View Post
How did I know you would be first to fly?
Hey...
I just had to!!!!!!
Just got done finishing the clean up and installing FPV gear!!
Will post some pics this weekend or sooner... and have some real review on flying, RTH and the POI!!!!
May 21, 2015, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipsl
Looks like GPS mast not included in the package.

Does anyone have experience with this seller?
http://www.rc-fans88.com/goods.php?id=2318

After I register price went down to $107.32

Hi there, so you really paid just 107usd ..postage included ? thanks

just wanna get this unit for best price ..thank you

oh,,,and GPS was not there ??
May 21, 2015, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anrikahn
Hi there, so you really paid just 107usd ..postage included ? thanks

just wanna get this unit for best price ..thank you

oh,,,and GPS was not there ??
I did order from them, It was

$107.32 + Paypal fee(4%): $4.47 = $111.79

No, Shipping is not included. GPS receiver included but not the mast (holder).

Before I placed the order I contacted them (skype) and they said ships within 1-3 days.
So I placed the order 2 days ago, but today when I contacted them they said still waiting for stocks
May 21, 2015, 10:17 AM
Quote:

Before I placed the order I contacted them (skype) and they said ships within 1-3 days.
So I placed the order 2 days ago, but today when I contacted them they said still waiting for stocks
oh..ok..thanks for respond..hope you'll get it soon..and update us with results..thanks
May 21, 2015, 01:01 PM
Free fall is not free
Quote:

I just clicked the link above and it says in stock now. Did it say in stock when you ordered?

Hey I'll sell one that I don't have for $97.32

I apologize for that. I do feel your pain. Thanks for letting the rest of us know so we don't make the same mistake.

Quick Reply