Mar 31, 2015, 07:34 PM
No bounce, No play.
That's some great news. Will it span all Tx's?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 31, 2015, 08:29 PM
Thread OP
Yes, all radios including mx and mc products.
Mar 31, 2015, 09:11 PM
I get so excited for tx updates!! Its like I get a new radio every time!!
Last edited by xtraflyr; Mar 31, 2015 at 09:46 PM.
Mar 31, 2015, 09:33 PM
Gary
Love it that Graupner continues to improve and innovate. It is great that the Transmitters are sophisticated enough to be reprogrammed.
Mar 31, 2015, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glmccready
Love it that Graupner continues to improve and innovate. It is great that the Transmitters are sophisticated enough to be reprogrammed.
And this is the number one reason I moved from Futaba.......
Mar 31, 2015, 09:47 PM
And I'm slowly changing everything over to Graupner from my JR 12x
Mar 31, 2015, 09:55 PM
My Futaba stuff is all gone. Only fly the oldies with my 8U on fm.
Apr 01, 2015, 12:41 AM
Gary
I went with Graupner originally because it integrated so well with my two Mikrokopter Multirotors. The telemetry and Voice were customized, very cool. "Mikrokopter On" "GPS On" ....lol
I switched everything over because of the reliability, telemetry, and lower costs for more channels. The best of all worlds.
Apr 01, 2015, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sctholson
Has anyone had this situation?

Aircraft is turn on first and then radio is turned on, however the radio is on a different model. And the odd thing is the servos still move.

This is on a gasser so there's no chance that the motor will spin.

Is this normal, or is there something odd?
Scott
This is the way it has always been. However the Tx should be beeping and the telemetry screen blank as it will know it is not the right Rx. I have never had issues with this set up. Not sure what would happen with an electric motor as I don't fly them. As I have indicated in the past one would have to be brain dead and tone deaf to not know one has the wrong A/C.
Apr 01, 2015, 08:28 AM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudniner
....Not sure what would happen with an electric motor.....
If you do leave the wrong model powered on the results could be disastrous.

If you are inattentive enough to leave flight battery plugged in and Rx powered and then go to another model and switch it on to stop the "No Link" nag the first model will fire right up when you throttle up the new one.

One saving grace in the MC line is that it will not let you switch models if it is still linked to a Rx. That is not so with other Tx's. Even with MC if you power cycled the Tx and chose RF OFF and went to another model you could be in hot water. Not an issue if you stick to safety guidelines as in unplugging flight batteries as soon as off the runway, but.......

Will be nice to see the details on HoTT Sync and makes sense to standardize across the product line.
Apr 01, 2015, 08:46 AM

Graupner Radio’s and HoTT Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc36
One saving grace in the MC line is that it will not let you switch models if it is still linked to a Rx. That is not so with other Tx's.

A little birdie tells me that all transmitters will get this safety feature in the next update.
Apr 01, 2015, 08:52 AM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBum
A little birdie tells me that all transmitters will get this safety feature in the next update.
Yes, that's what Graupner USA said. Post 1607^^^^^ But it sounds like it will be something more than what MC radios have now.
Apr 01, 2015, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc36
Yes, that's what Graupner USA said. Post 1607^^^^^ But it sounds like it will be something more than what MC radios have now.
Post 1607 was addressing more general model "bleedover" issues. I was addressing the specific issue of changing models in the transmitter while a model is still linked.

I'm still not quite sure precisely which problem(s) HoTTSync is addressing, but it's something that's apparently implemented entirely in the transmitter. No receiver firmware updates will be needed.
Apr 01, 2015, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Post 1607 was addressing more general model "bleedover" issues. I was addressing the specific issue of changing models in the transmitter while a model is still linked.

I'm still not quite sure precisely which problem(s) HoTTSync is addressing, but it's something that's apparently implemented entirely in the transmitter. No receiver firmware updates will be needed.
Pretty sure it's like Model Match that Spektrum uses now?
Apr 01, 2015, 09:21 AM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:

Not sure what you mean by bleedover but I took the comment and name "HoTTSync to pertain to a lock-out feature preventing you from activating a non-selected model.

Maybe we will get something more when the Left Coast comes alive.

Quick Reply