Aug 18, 2014, 05:11 PM
Hooper, full throttle!
You know Al, you will like this (Rob too). That pink spitfire got some, errr, ugh odd looks let's just say. I was slinking away from the flight line (spitfire upside down to make it appear blue!) when Mike Glass bellows "HEY TOMMY NICE PINK SPITTY!". I wanted to crawl under a rock.

NEAT fair memories rule.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 19, 2014, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy D
when Mike Glass bellows "HEY TOMMY NICE PINK SPITTY!". .
Its as if I can hear him now .. and he's still probably laughing about it too

Here's video of Pinky and the rest ...

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...56&postcount=1
Last edited by Alan W; Aug 19, 2014 at 09:27 AM.
Aug 19, 2014, 08:36 PM
Cool beans!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan W
Its as if I can hear him now .. and he's still probably laughing about it too

Here's video of Pinky and the rest ...

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...56&postcount=1
Wow, that was a cool flashback. It's amazing how the event has grown

I like how Tom was yelling in the background "the planes don't know it's windy!"

I'm in for this year - curious to find out what Tom has up his sleeve...

Rob
Aug 19, 2014, 08:41 PM
Dr. Toggle
Great memories for those of us who did not believe that the wind was a factor. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!! I had a cox P-40 and it was very tough!!!!! I brought bigger for all of the next 6 years.
Aug 29, 2014, 10:27 PM
How high will it go?
I think there should be 3 spotters for each pilot to avoid collisions and such. j/k
Aug 30, 2014, 06:20 AM
Dr. Toggle
The three spotters should help direct the most appropriate collision!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 30, 2014, 04:23 PM
Head NEAT geek
Thread OP
ok guys, start posting your entries!

recently revamped Multiplex Dogfighter. Durafly MK24 canopy and printed rocker arm covers and exhausts.
Aug 30, 2014, 05:15 PM
Cool beans!
I'll have my trusty E-Flite P-47. She's only missed one MWL (hopefully she'll make it to 2015 ).

Rob
Aug 31, 2014, 06:18 AM
Dr. Toggle
Parkzone Corsair
Aug 31, 2014, 07:11 AM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
I reinforce my airplanes now with 2 inch drywall fiberglass joint tape... Just lay it on the wing as well as leading edge, it is tacky but has no permanent adhesive,,, Then squeegee some quick grip or foamtac over it with a subway gift card.....
Last edited by dr.E; Aug 31, 2014 at 07:16 AM.
Sep 01, 2014, 06:57 AM
AMA 1242
Hey tom if the sun is shinning you better wear your hat or you will have an unfair advantage!!!!!!
Sep 01, 2014, 10:22 AM
Head NEAT geek
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyhank
Hey tom if the sun is shinning you better wear your hat or you will have an unfair advantage!!!!!!
ya.. that is a rare picture of me without a hat.... I was wearing one of those down the back of the neck type, and decided it had to come off for the pic.

Tom
Sep 03, 2014, 05:43 PM
I'm debating between the trusty ol' Parkzone Trojan with a Mobius camera on top to commemorate the action from within, and the veteran F4F "Polaris Slayer" that is so crooked and twisted, it is hard to fly.
Sep 04, 2014, 05:47 AM
Now that's a low pass !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeyK
I'm debating between the trusty ol' Parkzone Trojan with a Mobius camera on top to commemorate the action from within, and the veteran F4F "Polaris Slayer" that is so crooked and twisted, it is hard to fly.
Sergy, maybe you could bring the Spitfire that mid-aired with my Gunfighter Mustang at Colts Neck if it's still flying.
Sep 04, 2014, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxhillag1
Sergy, maybe you could bring the Spitfire that mid-aired with my Gunfighter Mustang at Colts Neck if it's still flying.
I'll bring it too. It refuses to die as well. Earlier this summer I was about to bury it after it lost its tail in another combat mid-air. But the next morning I found the tail and the little plane lives on.

Quick Reply