to remove ads between posts
Dec 10, 2009, 02:12 AM
hover happy
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcuk
sticky sticky this
This thread is already sticky.

And...it could probably use an update or two. Product development is moving more slowly these days, but still, there is a bit of new stuff.

So...does anyone have any new heli manual links or data that should be considered for the first post?

Happy holidays all.

-Jeff
Jun 04, 2010, 02:54 AM
good post
Mar 05, 2011, 08:53 AM

R/C Micro World

For the past year, I have been contributing articles on micro helis to R/C Micro World.

Former AMA president John Worth started this online magazine after the print version discontinued and has done a great job of reporting on this specialty area of our hobby. A recent issue is free for the browsing and an annual subscription is modestly priced.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RC-Micro-World/

Check out an issue to see if your appetite might be whetted:

www.co-op-plans.info/rcmw/rcmw-visitor.pdf

Here is the May issue, which includes the mCP article:

http://rcpt.yousendit.com/1116264995...66597b838783ac

This month's article is about the mCX Tandem Rescue. (An index to heli articles available is included at the end of each article.) Last month's article showed how to tame the mSR with the use of negative exponentials. (Dated, it's now May!)

Dick

Ps: the attached photos and cartoon should give you a flavor. The first tandem designed by Frank Piasecki, the father of the full scale Tandem Rescue, was called the flying banana, which begged the cartoon. The tale of the mSR includes a chapter where we learn that even indoor helis can be grabbed by trees!

PPs: the mCP MUST be added to this list! What an astounding piece of engineering. The May issue of RCMW has a full article with contributions from two VERY accomplished CP heli pilots (I am NOT one of them! But I do add my design for "training floats" which sure helped this fledging CP pilot.) I am up to 142 flights without breaking anything other than blade links since I added the training floats.

Update: The July issue of RCMW can be downloaded by joining the group. Last month's issue is available to review for no cost. In the July issue, I review the 120 SR and show readers how to make a very simple set of training floats! This is a great outdoors fixed pitch heli.
Last edited by Dick Adams; Jul 03, 2011 at 06:41 PM. Reason: July update
Aug 11, 2011, 12:46 PM
RC Connectors dot com

Micro Heli Tail motor wires w/connector

Due to customer demand I now have the tail motor wires with connector available.

These work on the MCP-X and others that use a micro 2-pin male connector. (120SR? MSR? Not exactly sure, I'm not a heli guy.)

Available at RC-Connectors.com:

http://www.rc-connectors.com/index.p...roducts_id=309

Your choice of either 26 or 28 gauge

Glenn
Apr 10, 2013, 07:12 AM
Multirotor Promotor
subscribed
Jul 25, 2014, 07:58 AM
Thanks for your information, very useful for me!
Jul 29, 2014, 02:41 PM
Please call me Dana
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinup
This thread is already sticky.

And...it could probably use an update or two. Product development is moving more slowly these days, but still, there is a bit of new stuff.

So...does anyone have any new heli manual links or data that should be considered for the first post?

Happy holidays all.

-Jeff
I noticed that none of the toy micro helicopters are listed. I assume that is intentional and not an oversight. Curious what the rationale is?

A couple of thoughts, pilots of toys might eventually graduate up to "real" helicopters. WL Toy, MJX, Blue-Fly and HiSky helicopters may not be "hobby" grade but that doesn't stop the pilots from flying and modding them just like any other helicopter.

The total lack of mention is a snub of sorts for all the pilots who fly micro helis. I remember reading this thread as one of the first I found when trying to determine what heli is right for me (it is after all a sticky). None of the helis mentioned in this thread seemed right for my skill level and budget. I ended up taking some advice from an Amazon review and a You-Tube Video to settle on a V911. I believe this post is the first time HiSky or WL Toys has been mentioned in this thread. Considering the number of pilots flying these little helis it strikes me as strange that it doesn't even rate a section in your list.

I submit to you the oversight is making this thread less useful than it could be and somewhat misleading to newbies who don't even know that other choices exist; as an "Index" it is severely lacking.
Jul 30, 2014, 08:29 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Well...considering the first post of the thread was last updated in 2009, I'm not surprised by the out-of-date content. I guess they just got bored of updating it.
Jul 30, 2014, 08:47 PM
Please call me Dana
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli
Well...considering the first post of the thread was last updated in 2009, I'm not surprised by the out-of-date content. I guess they just got bored of updating it.
I guess I didn't notice that part... That will teach me to jump to conclusions. I wonder if that qualifies me to apply to management?

Thanks for straightening me out.
Aug 09, 2014, 01:23 PM
Back then 2009 they did not have clone junk.
Nov 29, 2014, 09:32 PM

micro heli pcb

Hey guys,

So I have been looking absolutely everywhere online for a diagram or even just blueprints for a general micro rc helicopter pcb, and haven't been able to come across one. The reason for me looking is that I want to gain a better knowledge on the components of these micro helicopters and where they all sit on the pcb's (e.g. voltage regulators, resisters, etc.). If you guys by chance know a site that gives these details, or better yet have a knowledge on this concept and wouldn't mind chatting with me about it, that would be awesome.

Thanks again,
Zach

Quick Reply