Thread OP
Discussion

Quanum QFX Plus GPS Multi-Rotor Flight Controller With GPS Functions

Anyone interested in a NAZA clone?
What are your input on this?

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...Functions.html
to remove ads between posts
Dec 20, 2013, 06:38 AM
This is the same as IFLY-V4M/GPS controller.
Dec 20, 2013, 08:59 AM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
I Love Price Wars, HK is fighting the battle to lower the $$$ for all the hobbyists. The question is whether is any good? Who's buying and reviewing?
H
Dec 21, 2013, 04:57 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigor
This is the same as IFLY-V4M/GPS controller.
Yep, watching the HK video on it and it is the V4 from Ifly. I thought it was going to be a NAZA clone, but woe, I'd buy a APM before I bought this.

Quanum Flight Controller Xmas (9 min 43 sec)
Dec 21, 2013, 11:00 PM
Expat
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpoprofessor
Yep, watching the HK video on it and it is the V4 from Ifly. I thought it was going to be a NAZA clone, but woe, I'd buy a APM before I bought this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9Wg0MNiC3g
So it's crap?
Dec 23, 2013, 06:56 AM
Suspended Account
NAZA Lite clone... At least they could insert some type of OSD addon, this could make some difference...
Dec 30, 2013, 08:37 AM
The GPS/barro drift in the specs is not very impressive considering most new FCs in this price range are using more accurate components these days.
Dec 31, 2013, 02:21 AM
So worth a look then?

Looking for a FC for new hex and for years I have been using a rctimer apm 2.5 on my quad and was going to get a 2.6 clone, but after reading various forums on what the latest firmware seems to be doing to the boards (even proper 3dr ones) I am considering something else. I am not too worried about waypoint just alt hold, loiter and rtl really will this FC suit my needs for this kind of budget?
I bow to your greater knowledge on this matter.
Dec 31, 2013, 05:12 AM
Suspended Account
Naza lite its better if you want something that works...
Jan 02, 2014, 01:58 PM
Naza lite is good, but it's assistant will not let you decide guess the compass. Nothing worse than the naza fly away. Yes, It was operator error.... (too close to magnetic source.
Jan 02, 2014, 04:34 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerfx4u
Naza lite is good, but it's assistant will not let you decide guess the compass. Nothing worse than the naza fly away. Yes, It was operator error.... (too close to magnetic source.
DJI NAZA Lite is way better than this... Most flyaways are pilot errors...
Jan 02, 2014, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostMaster
DJI NAZA Lite is way better than this... Most flyaways are pilot errors...
not true for the flyaway...
you could have one easily with a bad gps reception(no saw filter on it for dji no phantom version)

i have dji lite and i like it so far but i prefer my arducopter
i have more features,my gps mode are better than my dji and it s safer than dji(glitch detection and lots of feature to avoid this kind of problem)

on top of that,the software move on rapidly with more solid features
the only thing i dislike with my apm is that is old processor and not ready to fly like dji
Jan 02, 2014, 06:29 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utakos
So worth a look then?

Looking for a FC for new hex and for years I have been using a rctimer apm 2.5 on my quad and was going to get a 2.6 clone, but after reading various forums on what the latest firmware seems to be doing to the boards (even proper 3dr ones) I am considering something else. I am not too worried about waypoint just alt hold, loiter and rtl really will this FC suit my needs for this kind of budget?
I bow to your greater knowledge on this matter.
Just put together a hex yesterday, used the KK2.1 I got from Punkindrublic . Literally, right out of the gate, no adjustments, just made sure to use the ACC bubble to level, calibrated, and lift off, no wobbles

I was going to put a NAZA lite w/GPS but now I'm debating if I should leave the KK2.1

Clyde
Jan 03, 2014, 03:13 AM
penichard78
Quote:
Originally Posted by titeuf007
not true for the flyaway...
you could have one easily with a bad gps reception(no saw filter on it for dji no phantom version)

i have dji lite and i like it so far but i prefer my arducopter
i have more features,my gps mode are better than my dji and it s safer than dji(glitch detection and lots of feature to avoid this kind of problem)

on top of that,the software move on rapidly with more solid features
the only thing i dislike with my apm is that is old processor and not ready to fly like dji
bien vu titeuf007
i agree with you
Jan 07, 2014, 10:00 PM
Semper Fi
Has any one of you that have said this Quantum QFX is junk, had any direct experience with it? Anyone? Bueller? I didn't think so. Its so annoying when a new lower priced widget hits the market and the haters jump all over it without ever seeing one in person.

I've got a Naza Lite, M v1, and WK. I'll get one of these just to test it out so I can offer an intelligent opinion...

Quick Reply