Oct 18, 2013, 11:43 AM
Nice job Ospryman!
to remove ads between posts
Oct 18, 2013, 11:46 AM
Yes Bob I agree, the "web" between the arms and legs would be like a Rogallo wing hang glider. Food for thought there for sure
Oct 18, 2013, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petefoss
Nice job Ospryman!
thanks Pete
Oct 18, 2013, 03:41 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ospreyman
Yes Bob I agree, the "web" between the arms and legs would be like a Rogallo wing hang glider. Food for thought there for sure
Sky-Diver or Scuba Flyer, you are having too much fun.

I put a Jack-o-Lantern head on my Jack in the Box flyguy with lights. Am going to fly at dusk today with the full moon. Hope to get some good video/stills of Jack and the Witch.
Oct 18, 2013, 05:21 PM
Retired CAD guy
Oh that'll make for some Nice PIX ! :-)

I remember yrs ago while riding the sideboard on the Powell St Trolly
the moon was rising FULL over SF bay ! What a sight as we crossed California St.
I hear that they don't allow that any longer :-(
Oct 20, 2013, 08:47 AM
Retired CAD guy
Well !!! I noticed that this AM that my site is overwhelmed AGAIN !!!

It's SO BAD I cant even get IN enough to figure out what is happening ?

AND it's the weekend so the ISP is not going to be there either :-(

The LAST time this happened was when Otto's Flying Witch
or ManOnBroom Vid went viral.

I got a couple of sales and then NOTHING !
2 million hits on the Vid and I got 3 sales !

If you need anything just E-mail me

bob@balsabuddies.com or bob@hoosiercutoutservice.com
Oct 21, 2013, 10:11 AM
Thread OP

Pumpkin Head and the Witch with the full moon

Fun with the full moon. Flew 30 minutes after sunset.
Oct 21, 2013, 11:27 AM
What is the flap under pumpkin head's right armpit Otto?
Oct 21, 2013, 11:52 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
What is the flap under pumpkin head's right armpit Otto?
The flap is designed to balance asymmetric drag created by his other head (hat), Jack in the Box. He is a symbol for a fast food chain in the Western US. This suit man flyguy is designed to support many heads. Based on my experience, the flap really isn't needed.
Oct 21, 2013, 07:03 PM
Thank you for the explanation
Oct 26, 2013, 04:06 AM
Great movies Otto, wish i had a buddy would could take some vid of mine
Pumpkin head look like his arms are swept a little further forward than your regular flyguys . Was this to aid c.g positioning with that enormous head?
Oct 26, 2013, 09:22 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Great movies Otto, wish i had a buddy would could take some vid of mine
Pumpkin head look like his arms are swept a little further forward than your regular flyguys . Was this to aid c.g positioning with that enormous head?
The arms are at the same angle. The CG is farther back though because the suit coat goes back farther providing more wing area aft.
Oct 27, 2013, 07:31 AM
Ah Ha! Clever stuff it must be an optical illusion that made me think the arms were at a different angle
Dec 27, 2013, 09:11 AM
Hayshaker

My RC guy

I built one late last fall - re-designed to be a bit different - 40" long, a little wider & deeper to accomadate an 8" prop, moved the feet inside - into the airstream - it flew great - can't wait to show it off this summer.
I have the design in AutoCAD layers include 16.5", 24", 32", 40 " 48" & 60". - the 40" is most complete. After building, I had to make his neck 1" longer to get the CG correct. (with the 1300 mah 3 cell lipo is in his head). Motor is AXI 2212/20, 8-5 3 blade prop, 30 amp Thunder Tiger ESC, 4 HXT900 servos, FrSky Rx, all controlled with a Futaba 2.4 7C Tx. The set up is "elevons" with the hand & foot servos from each side 'y' ed together.
Last edited by Ron L H; Dec 27, 2013 at 09:33 AM. Reason: added info

Quick Reply