Sep 18, 2013, 01:44 PM
I to run the SII 3026 890Kv scorpion on a 75amp Castle esc. However, I use a single 4S 5000mah turnigy pack spinning a 12 x 6 graupner folding prop. I have no issues what so ever and it returns 20min flight times no problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazdxb
Hi All
firstly thanks for posting so much info on the thread has really helped but I am facing a couple of issues.
setup is
scorpion sii 3026 890 kv motor 75 amp tunigy dlux esc 4s 2 p 6000 mah turnigy dmh211 servos bevrc vtx rfd900 modem and sherer uhf still to be fitted
flying at sea level
complete apm 2.6 with airspeed
have run a 12x 8 prop but it seriously over amped the esc so now running 10x6 or 10x7 but considering a 11x4
I believe the 3s set up would work with a 12x6 and be slightly lighter

any views plane flys well on 4 s but seems very heavy also do you think the bigger prop gives better low end cruising power I am trying to get long range

any thoughts welcome

typicalaimster have you got autoland working and if so what flare angle and time are you using the plane likes to glide for a long time
what would you say the stall speed is I am around 8 m/s
to remove ads between posts
Sep 18, 2013, 02:29 PM
FPV Pilot
Can anybody post a picture on how they mounted their dragonlink receiver and antenna into their Skyhunter?

I bought this to use:
http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...oducts_id=1615
Sep 18, 2013, 02:42 PM
Broke RC Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueprint
Can anybody post a picture on how they mounted their dragonlink receiver and antenna into their Skyhunter?

I bought this to use:
Sorry I don't have a pic but I purchased the longest antenna and mounted the Rx on the wood tray then ran the antenna down the wing.
Sep 18, 2013, 07:07 PM
Quote:

I bought this to use:
I installed Rangelink rx buried into the lower surface of the right wing in line with the boom, with the antenna further out on the wing. This involved a lot of servo wires going back into the fuselage but it kept the rx as far away from all the electronics, video, camera as possible.
Sep 18, 2013, 08:51 PM
Spearheading an Alliance
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecworks
I installed Rangelink rx buried into the lower surface of the right wing in line with the boom, with the antenna further out on the wing. This involved a lot of servo wires going back into the fuselage but it kept the rx as far away from all the electronics, video, camera as possible.

You using Kevlar veil/tissue to stiffen your inboard wing section?
Sep 19, 2013, 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoGolf
You using Kevlar veil/tissue to stiffen your inboard wing section?
Kevlar there and at the tail joint
Sep 19, 2013, 12:38 AM
FPV Pilot
Thanks!!
Sep 19, 2013, 07:04 AM
OpenTx University *****
Quote:
ecworks,
What is the advantage of what you did to mount the Rx verses running an antenna line out to the wing and placing the antenna out there and leaving the Rx in the fuselage?
Sep 19, 2013, 08:48 AM
Quote:
This involved a lot of servo wires going back into the fuselage but it kept the rx as far away from all the electronics, video, camera as possible.
Can you run PPMSum or something similar back to the Fuse? You can cut the wires down to three. A positive, negative and signal wire. Inside if your AP takes PPM in you can hook up to that. If not there is PPM to Servo converters out there. I've done both a PPM wire and extended antenna mount out on the wing. It seems like the PPM is the cleanest way of doing things vs having to run a long antenna wire from the Fuse to the wing.
Sep 19, 2013, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey101
ecworks,
What is the advantage of what you did to mount the Rx verses running an antenna line out to the wing and placing the antenna out there and leaving the Rx in the fuselage?
Advantages: No antenna extensions, away from all other electronics.
Disadvantages: a lot of servo wires going back to fuselage.

I've had the Rangelink rx inside a number of planes including this one and had problems. With this layout everything is working great.
Sep 19, 2013, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by typicalaimster
Can you run PPMSum or something similar back to the Fuse? You can cut the wires down to three. A positive, negative and signal wire. Inside if your AP takes PPM in you can hook up to that. If not there is PPM to Servo converters out there. I've done both a PPM wire and extended antenna mount out on the wing. It seems like the PPM is the cleanest way of doing things vs having to run a long antenna wire from the Fuse to the wing.
Don't know anything about PPMsum, etc. Sounds like a good idea though.
Sep 19, 2013, 10:53 AM
Quote:

I bought this to use:
I am using a 15" antenna mounted like this with the Dragonlink receiver right at the end of the plywood platform. Probably not the best for really long range but it works well for my flying. I have had it out 5+ miles with good Rssi left.
Sep 20, 2013, 02:12 AM
Quote:
Don't know anything about PPMsum, etc. Sounds like a good idea though.
I am using ppmsum whit my rangelink lrs .it is very simple to connect and on my rangeling rx which is on the end of wings going just 2 wires .
I have same solution on x8 and on skyhunter and all works perfect .

http://www.foxtechfpv.com/rmilec-ppm...ter-p-403.html
Last edited by Crolaser; Sep 20, 2013 at 08:41 AM.
Sep 20, 2013, 10:23 AM
Quote:

I bought this to use:
We mount the DL rx on the back of wood tray then route the Dipole wire through the back of the fuse, out a hole, and attach the antenna vertically to the back per the picture.
Sep 20, 2013, 11:36 AM
Are there any sellers of replacement sky hunter parts?

I know foam can be repaired but we had a bad hand launch(stalled) and ripped the horiz stab to shreds

Quick Reply