Apr 12, 2013, 12:23 PM
Team JetiUSA
The 'signal lost' warning on the TX is driven by loss of the RX telemetry signal, the antenna signal TELEMETRY is the strength of the TX signal as received by the two antennae on the RX.

Peter+
to remove ads between posts
Apr 12, 2013, 01:06 PM
This video is in french but it shows clearly that when you put two Rx seperate from one an other and that you unplug one of them, the antenna reading on one of the antenna is gone. This would suggest that there is some sort of communication between th Tx and Rx

http://www.dailymotion.com/fouga44#video=xxkti1
Apr 12, 2013, 02:39 PM
Professional idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvogel
The 'signal lost' warning on the TX is driven by loss of the RX telemetry signal, the antenna signal TELEMETRY is the strength of the TX signal as received by the two antennae on the RX.

Peter+
Which is why over the past four years we've had reports on the forums (myself included) of 'signal loss' reports yet retaining full control over the model.
Apr 12, 2013, 02:50 PM
Professional idiot

Mini review

I've had the stick top pot and the new Jeti tray now for a few weeks and thought I'd give my feedback.

New tray. For me a vast improvement over the old one as the sides are at the same height as the body/sticks. I rest the side of my hand on the tray and this tray allows much more unrestricted movement. Tray is assembled around the transmitter; no way of falling out.

Downside: I got the very shiny black acrylic one and even my hand sliding over it produces fine scratches; the cuffs of my cotton shirt even more so. So shiny and reflective they are obvious. Blue one may well be a lot better.

Stick top pot. I initially had no use for this but fitted it anyway. Turns out it is very useful. Mixer gains can be adjusted very easily. I had very little time to get my new model sorted for season opener tomorrow but using this as inflight adjuster saved quite a bit of time. Be ideal for in flight cruise/descent trimming on a glider as well. I thought the side sliders fell well to hand but this even easier
Apr 12, 2013, 03:03 PM
WINS - Winch In Nose Sailplane
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpalms

Stick top pot. I initially had no use for this but fitted it anyway. Turns out it is very useful. Mixer gains can be adjusted very easily. I had very little time to get my new model sorted for season opener tomorrow but using this as inflight adjuster saved quite a bit of time. Be ideal for in flight cruise/descent trimming on a glider as well. I thought the side sliders fell well to hand but this even easier
I have used the left slider for a full trailing edge in flight camber adjustment. A very small one, maybe half of my thermal setting, without changing anything else. And I like the early results for this use on my e-Supra.
Apr 12, 2013, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpalms
I've had the stick top pot and the new Jeti tray now for a few weeks and thought I'd give my feedback.

New tray. For me a vast improvement over the old one as the sides are at the same height as the body/sticks. I rest the side of my hand on the tray and this tray allows much more unrestricted movement. Tray is assembled around the transmitter; no way of falling out.

Downside: I got the very shiny black acrylic one and even my hand sliding over it produces fine scratches; the cuffs of my cotton shirt even more so. So shiny and reflective they are obvious. Blue one may well be a lot better.

This is a great tray and much less combursome. It fits right in the standard case too:
http://www.mb-modelltechnik.com/
Apr 12, 2013, 03:42 PM
Professional idiot
Meant to say the new Jeti still fits in the case nicely as well. Very similar to the MB one. Simpler looks but 2/3'rds the price.
Apr 12, 2013, 07:08 PM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
Wildpalms,
When you say "new tray" are you referring to this one?

http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-tran...-brackets.aspx

As opposed to the black carbon look tray?
Apr 13, 2013, 01:09 PM
Professional idiot
Yes. I say new as announced last Nov at least and only been available a month or so.

They now do palm rests for the older faux carbon one which raises the side up to TX height.
Apr 13, 2013, 01:40 PM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
Yes, I saw the new self adhesive pads for the carbon tray in the Jeti website..
http://www.jetimodel.com/index.php?page=product&id=259

EspritModels will be carrying them, from a recent email.
Last edited by ltc; Apr 13, 2013 at 02:06 PM.
Apr 14, 2013, 07:29 AM
Sorry, just a quick question about the jeti transmitter; will it work with spektrum/Jr recievers?

Also, is it possible to use this tx for my flight simulator? Real flight, phoenix and aerofly?
Last edited by WildDuke; Apr 14, 2013 at 08:21 AM.
Apr 14, 2013, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildDuke

Also, is it possible to use this tx for my flight simulator? Real flight, phoenix and aerofly?
Yes it does for aerofly anyway just get the USB adapter an plug in any Jeti RX.
Just remember to also plug in first the original controller you got with it (you can unplug it after the program is started). One way they protect themselves from hackers.

It was the most simple install I ever did on a sim

As far as receiver JR or other I don't think so. it only works the other way around you can control a Jeti Rx with other radios. Not too many radios that do that anyways, everyone wants to protect their turf
Last edited by Puttputtmaru; Apr 14, 2013 at 09:30 AM.
Apr 14, 2013, 01:26 PM
Closed Account

Jeti DC-16 and Sims

I bit the bullet and purchased a Simstick Pro device from Esprit Model's site and plugged in a spare 7-channel receiver. It is very straightforward and the instructions on the Simstick site handled every question and possibility.

I have tried it on RealFlight 6.5 and, as the poster indicated, you must leave your Elite controller connected or it won't be recognized as a "legal" installation. Also, you must press the red reset button once, per session, before you can then use the space bar as a reset.

For Phoenix 4, while it works quite nicely, for some reason, I can only get flaps full-on or full-off; no mid-position. I followed the calibration procedure, but may have missed something. Not a biggie, but a bit annoying.

I also tried a HobbyKing sim interface and, while less $$ than the Simstick device, and simpler for Phoenix (no need for Phoenix dongle), I did not like the "sim feel"; but that just could be me.

Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputtmaru
Yes it does for aerofly anyway just get the USB adapter an plug in any Jeti RX.
Just remember to also plug in first the original controller you got with it (you can unplug it after the program is started). One way they protect themselves from hackers.

It was the most simple install I ever did on a sim

As far as receiver JR or other I don't think so. it only works the other way around you can control a Jeti Rx with other radios. Not too many radios that do that anyways, everyone wants to protect their turf
Apr 14, 2013, 02:18 PM
JetiBox Profi alarm with Mezon**

I am using a Profi with my 8FG until my DS16 is ready. Every now and then I will get an alarm that says "high current." I have the Mezon set to "no limit," but why does it throw this alarm? Is there somewhere I can go to see where to change the alarm?

On the Profi I have it selected for telemetry but there is no option to set an alarm limit... At least I don't know of one activated anywhere.

How do I alter this?
Apr 14, 2013, 08:29 PM
Team JetiUSA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputtmaru

Can you say more here? I agree with the no, you can't control a JR or Futaba RX from a Jeti radio -- how would you control a Jeti RX from some other radio? The protocols are different, so this is the first I'm hearing of this... Do you mean using a Jeti TX module with some other radio (of which, very few these days have modules)

Peter+

Quick Reply