Apr 08, 2013, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlliW View Post
as SadSack said, which I herewith explicitly confirm (I used/flashed two HK6a this weekend, for another project/purpose though), the Mega is now powered by the BEC voltage regulator.. before it seems that it was powered through the chain lipo->BEC->small regulator->Atmega, now its just lipo->BEC->Atmega.
For flashing I simply used the GND and Vout pins (connected to Vcc of the ISP) of the BEC voltage regulator on the back side (no need to use a lipo).
cheers
Would that be a pair 6amps for your brushless gimbals ?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 08, 2013, 07:16 AM
OlliW
I don't yet have a BL gimbal, but yes, that's what I am trying
Apr 08, 2013, 07:24 AM
Hi, I'm flashing ESC's for the first time, does anybody knows which controler should I choose to flash hk-SS20A.HW ESC on kkMulticopter Flash Tool?

Thank you so much.
SepolP
Last edited by SepolP; Apr 08, 2013 at 10:28 AM.
Apr 08, 2013, 09:54 AM
DroneWorksUSA.net
Hey guys has anyone figured out what escs work with tiger motor MT3506 yet? And if so where can I buy them? Also has anyone tried the tiger motor escs with the mt3506?
Apr 08, 2013, 10:38 AM
kitesurfer
hobbywing quattro work with the 3506
Apr 08, 2013, 11:59 AM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliB View Post
hobbywing quattro work with the 3506
stock firmware? It is sort of a waste for me... Im flying a Tri... Dont really want to carry around an extra ESC but if thats what it takes to get these motors running than thats what ill do!

any USA stores have it in stock?

Chris
Apr 08, 2013, 01:40 PM
kitesurfer
the hobbywing skywalkers are the same i think

and yeh stock firmware.

my quattro weighs quite abit less than my 4 x f-30a with all the wiring.
Apr 08, 2013, 04:32 PM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
Quote:
the hobbywing skywalkers are the same i think

and yeh stock firmware.

my quattro weighs quite abit less than my 4 x f-30a with all the wiring.
are they as responsive as simonk ESC's?
Apr 08, 2013, 10:35 PM
Hello simonk and everyone

I want to design esc 4in1.Use file hex BS.HEX Esc MYSTERY 40A
I can draw the circuit, but I'm having trouble on the software, it makes it difficult to arrange components

Pin 26 drive HIGH A -----> do not change
Pin 12 drive LOW A ------> change to Pin 25

Pin 28 drive HIGH B ------> do not change
Pin 27 drive LOW B ------> do not change

Pin 2 drive HIGH C ------> change to PIN 1
Pin 9 drive LOW C ------> change to PIN 2

please help me change the pins out. And file HEX new

I use AVR studio, but a lot of errors occur
Last edited by rc my life; Apr 09, 2013 at 01:22 AM.
Apr 09, 2013, 10:32 AM
I don't know if i'm alone, but my simonk esc are cogging/stuttering, and i think i figured it out at last. Today i took my quad to a nearby park and 2 of my esc were malfunctioning (stuttering/not turning more then a few degrees back and forth). So i heated them up with my hands and applied a little throttle, and after 20-30 s or so they started to work. Hope it helps someone else living in the north of the world. (Temperature at the time: +1C)

Possible reason for this is the internal OSC getting the timings wrong due to the temperature, in the datasheet it's stated +-3%. or maby i'm totally wrong
Last edited by jensah; Apr 09, 2013 at 10:40 AM.
Apr 09, 2013, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jensah View Post
I don't know if i'm alone, but my simonk esc are cogging/stuttering, and i think i figured it out at last. Today i took my quad to a nearby park and 2 of my esc were malfunctioning (stuttering/not turning more then a few degrees back and forth). So i heated them up with my hands and applied a little throttle, and after 20-30 s or so they started to work. Hope it helps someone else living in the north of the world. (Temperature at the time: +1C)

Possible reason for this is the internal OSC getting the timings wrong due to the temperature, in the datasheet it's stated +-3%. or maby i'm totally wrong
Hi there,

I seem to have the same problem, stuttering of the motor's.
But while testing the motors the esc FET's get quite hot and the problem remains...
So this is what i have right now.

I'm trying to flash a tp25a esc with the hh30a_v1.1 label on the pcb.
So i flash it with the tp_nfet firmware. It beeps like it should.
Then i try to turn a hexTronik DT700 (700Kv) motor with it.
And all i get is this stutter and with the throttle a bit open it's a relative light stutter,
and with full throttle it tries to escape my hands

To test i flashed the board with an ic2 firmware and sending bits to the board it starts spinning nicly
so the motor is ok and the boards also.
I also tried flashing the wii-esc firmware and that does exacly the same (be it a bit slower).

So i'm at a loss here. Does anyone have experience with this motor / esc / firmware setup?
Or any idea what i might be doing wrong?

Any help would be great!
Apr 09, 2013, 05:22 PM
kitesurfer
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanyote66 View Post
are they as responsive as simonk ESC's?
they work, which i couldnt get with simonk
Apr 10, 2013, 12:26 AM
g0t rabb1t?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jensah View Post
I don't know if i'm alone, but my simonk esc are cogging/stuttering, and i think i figured it out at last.
Well, you're probably alone. Or using crap hardware (you didn't told which ESC you got)...
I was flying at -15°C and below without any problems, using F30A and HK blue 12A.
Quote:
they work, which i couldnt get with simonk
removed sense caps + latest FW allways helps. But well, you already found solution ;-)
Apr 10, 2013, 02:28 AM
kitesurfer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABLomas View Post
Well, you're probably alone. Or using crap hardware (you didn't told which ESC you got)...
I was flying at -15°C and below without any problems, using F30A and HK blue 12A.

removed sense caps + latest FW allways helps. But well, you already found solution ;-)
yeh, i had caps removed and latest firmware.. 1 motor connected alone would work perfectly, but if i had more than 1 motor hooked up, it would cog
Apr 10, 2013, 04:05 AM
Hamburger

modded to suit EXT_MOTOR_RANGE with MultiWii

Hi,
a search did not reveil any prior posts on this, so I can report success with using latest simonk fw (r324) with MultiWii's EXT_MOTOR_RANGE (using extended signal range from 2-2000 instead of 1000-2000) coming from the FC.

This is the change I used in tgy.asm:
Quote:
.equ STOP_RC_PULS = 18 ;1060 ; Stop motor at or below this pulse length
.equ FULL_RC_PULS = 2016 ;1860 ; Full speed at or above this pulse length
.equ MAX_RC_PULS = 2200 ;2400 ; Throw away any pulses longer than this
together with COMP_PWM=1 this runs on blueseries20A, removed caps, driving MT2212-750kv.
Thank you.

Quick Reply