Mar 06, 2013, 03:42 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Thread OP
Neobot, Thanks for sharing the info you shared. Most of it flew over my head. But I'm sure that the geniuses in this group will appreciate and know what you are talking about.

I own a Hubsan X4. It came with the stock Tx. I have seen news about the FPV version. How did you get the FPV Tx? It's truly very nice. Seems like you have lots of mod on that one also. How's the range of this setup?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 06, 2013, 03:50 PM
Autopilot no control
^Husban has an fpv plane that uses that TX, may be where it came from.

Neobot, I don't know you, I don't know where you live, I don't know what you are like as a human being. But I do know I want to buy you a beer because you deserve it! Like Heli said, most of it over my head, but you still deserve a manly beverage!
Mar 06, 2013, 03:54 PM
Micro Menace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad
Neobot, Thanks for sharing the info you shared. Most of it flew over my head. But I'm sure that the geniuses in this group will appreciate and know what you are talking about.

I own a Hubsan X4. It came with the stock Tx. I have seen news about the FPV version. How did you get the FPV Tx? It's truly very nice. Seems like you have lots of mod on that one also. How's the range of this setup?
I have a contact at Soodohobby.com that informed me that their engineers are working on a DIY FPV set-up for the x4 that will work with that tx also. I asked them to keep me informed and I'm hoping to get my hands on one to test as soon as they get it all squared away.
Mar 06, 2013, 04:00 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:

look out for these bruv

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1210758327...84.m1438.l2649

oh looky one for £35 squid with £7 postage for a lucky UK modder

or maybe this one with a heli? might be able to mod that module under the heli might even be light enough when modded to fly on the x4? if not make a x41 that will lift it!

oops forgot link £100 buy it now

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2711669476...84.m1438.l2649

but wait!

whats this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2711671668...84.m1423.l2649

niiiice

they are all helis and i dont know if the TX has less inside than the plane version that would affect range but if you really want that TX do you give a s***?
Last edited by neobot; Mar 06, 2013 at 04:07 PM.
Mar 06, 2013, 04:05 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highly Grounded
^Husban has an fpv plane that uses that TX, may be where it came from.

Neobot, I don't know you, I don't know where you live, I don't know what you are like as a human being. But I do know I want to buy you a beer because you deserve it! Like Heli said, most of it over my head, but you still deserve a manly beverage!
thats the exact model i got bruv and thanks for the virtual beers quick beg lol but if anyone ever get board lol of their mini/micros to the pont of wanting to bin them (even if broken) send them to me and i will see if i can do anything interesting to/with them and post up the results

((really must get round to cleaning my laptops keyboard lol))
Mar 06, 2013, 04:21 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac
I have a contact at Soodohobby.com that informed me that their engineers are working on a DIY FPV set-up for the x4 that will work with that tx also. I asked them to keep me informed and I'm hoping to get my hands on one to test as soon as they get it all squared away.
this has been out a couple of years

http://dx.com/p/5-8ghz-wireless-surv...era-kit-110955

and yes that is the exact model ive been playing with in the videos 20mw

or if you want to brew your own

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/5-8g-200m...pv-system.html

that vtx runs on the same frequencies too
Mar 07, 2013, 01:07 AM
Quadaholic
Quote:
Oz, that's the official reply you got from BG? LOL. I have a feeling that whoever that was, didn't understand your question, and have no idea what/where San Francisco is.

I know that BG has a US warehouse. I just don't know where it is. It has very limited stock (on toys and hobbies). Here's what you could do. Go to Banggood.com, below the Home Tab, click on the orange "All Categories" drop down menu. The second to the last choice is USA Warehouse. If you select that warehouse, it will further so you some categories. I assume that you want to check out the toys and hobbies section. It will show you about 2 pages of toys, including V911. These are the items that they stock in the US warehouse. Interestingly though, they might still show you the International Warehouse price. But click on an item and it will show you the (higher) US pricing, and you would find a way to change the warehouse location to see different pricing. Like I said, the items are limited. Even if you find what you want, you may or may not want to pay the price difference. It's up to you.
Hi Heli,

your a better rep for Banggood than their customer service! Thanks
Mar 07, 2013, 01:29 AM
Thread OP
Thanks. You're welcome. Just member to member service.
Mar 07, 2013, 07:15 AM
Hi,
bought X-1 about a month ago, and it was FUN in minutes.
Bought some heli in the past, but never was able to fly them correctly, this little flier was very easy to fly.
But the fun did'nt last for long as, when i flown my X1 against a tree, I broke the shaft of main gear (spare part x1-11).
Spare came to me in less than 24 hour, but I am unable to change, as the end of main gear shaft is still firmly held in the shaft-to-blade connector (this part
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Sy...5-p-54188.html

I tried to remove the shaft piece pushing from the opposite side, using the broken shaft as en extractor, but it did not move at all.
How could I extract the shaft end ?
The only idea that came to my mind is to drill broken shaft with a tiny bit, but think there will be a better solution.
Also, when I reassemble the thing, how to push safely the shaft into blade connector ?

Any help useful, thanks.
Mar 07, 2013, 10:54 AM
Just wanted to say thanks for all the info on the Syma X1! I just bought mine recently and its scheduled to come today and I can't wait to try it out. Sounds like it is a great model to start out on - hopefully I don't break it too quickly lol. I'll definitely be picking up some extra batteries soon and I appreciate the advice on the types and the chargers for safety.

http://www.quadcopterhq.com
Mar 07, 2013, 11:00 AM
Team Drone Art
I believe BG has a warehouse in Washington. And I heard that is where you would send your defective item back to if you're US based. Makes sense.

If you look at items on BG's site, you'll notice that you can select USA warehouse if the option is there. I.e. v911 LiPO. However, I noticed the item cost much more last time I checked.

As for their China based warehouse, I noticed there are at least two of them. Possibly more. So sometimes your order will require being split up despite all being shipped from China.
Mar 07, 2013, 11:42 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetzal.mi
But the fun did'nt last for long as, when i flown my X1 against a tree, I broke the shaft of main gear (spare part x1-11).
Spare came to me in less than 24 hour, but I am unable to change, as the end of main gear shaft is still firmly held in the shaft-to-blade connector (this part
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Sy...5-p-54188.html

I tried to remove the shaft piece pushing from the opposite side, using the broken shaft as en extractor, but it did not move at all.
How could I extract the shaft end ?
The only idea that came to my mind is to drill broken shaft with a tiny bit, but think there will be a better solution.
Also, when I reassemble the thing, how to push safely the shaft into blade connector ?
Welcome to RCG. First a couple of question for you. When it hit a tree and broke X1-11, did it break the white nylon gear, or the aluminum shaft? You said shaft, but how did the shaft break? Where did you order the replacement parts from that you get in just 24 hours? I'm interested to know.

I haven't replaced the part you mentioned, but I did try to pull it apart once for curiosity. I failed to do it precisely because it was hard to pull apart and I didn't want to break my X1. Someone else in this thread have done it and posted about it. This is how I understand it:

The Aluminum shaft is pressure fitted on both ends, one end is the main gear, and the other is the blade limiter (X1-15). If you could just twist, turn and pull, they will slowly come apart. Trouble is how do you twist and pull the limiter when there is nothing to hold on to? I believe the trick is to leave the rotor on. Keep the rotor screwed onto the limiter and use it as leverage. So, grab the main gear on one end, the while rotor assembly on the other, twist and pull until they come apart.

If that doesn't work, you might have to break apart the old main gear to separate them. You have a new one from the replacement part.

Since everything is pressure fitted, to reinstall, I would just find wood blocks as spacers, and hammer it in. Put some soapy water on to make the job a little easier. It'll be tight after it dries.

Let us know how it all works out for you.
Mar 07, 2013, 12:48 PM

Flysky th9x

Hey i was wondering if any one has tried the flysky 9x radio, and if they noticed a difference? Is it worth purchasing?
Mar 07, 2013, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamboxboy
Hey i was wondering if any one has tried the flysky 9x radio, and if they noticed a difference? Is it worth purchasing?
Yes.

It's been covered many times in the thread, including settings, but the short version is that the 9x makes the x1 a whole different animal.
Mar 07, 2013, 01:17 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamboxboy
Welcome to RCG, Jamboxboy.

Most definitely. The 9x and its equivalents is must better constructed. The basic controls are much more precise. Every channel and every rate is programmable. The range is much better than stock. And you could program other models in the same radio. The list of benefits goes on and on.

There are more than one 9x available. There are also the TH9x with a different antenna configuration and lots of people prefer. So, check out post #2 of this thread for a list of compatible radios to compare their features and prices.

Quick Reply