This thread is privately moderated by Alex Schauer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 05, 2013, 08:26 PM
BlackLivesMatter.
Any examples of your work?
Mar 05, 2013, 08:41 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan smith
Yup im trting to get some issues ironed out before i send you a model for review..
Ah sorry I didn't catch that.
Mar 05, 2013, 09:37 PM
Obeying the law of gravity
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer
I fly Futaba
AR500s aren't that bad.
If I were you I'd go with an AR6210.
why ar6210? just cause it has the satellite? I have heard that the satellite and dual antennas on ar600 are about the same
Mar 05, 2013, 09:44 PM
Yo guys off topic here

Alright, So a quick rundown, I built this plane because my 30" just couldn't take the wind. Once I broke the treetops, it was wobble city for that guy. FAST FORWARD, This 60 inch plane is pretty darn sweet!!!! One problem is that the wing is set pretty close of the fuselage, so I will need considerable nose weight to get the CG right. Either way its a sweet plane. I made the executive decision (I have powers!!!) to do two WING MOTORS, I am not sure how this will effect the dihedral and balance, but its all a learning game

So basically, I already have the receiver and transmitter, from my FMS plane...
I need, 2 motors, 2 esc, a y connector? 2 servos, 3 props, (1 in case one brakes), pusher rods. battery (5000mah?) and I guess thats it. is it? I was kinda hopeing for differential thrust, but thats sorta out of my league, the plane will be 3ch, (rudder, elevator, throttle).

^Im really new to motors esc and stuff, so really anything will help.

I like the hobby king american warehouse, but you know, a deals a deal.

Specs of plane:
Wingspan: 60" wing chord:10" total wing area:600^2"
Tail:30" wing chord:7" total tail area: 210^2"
Fuselodge, about 48"
Plane weight:850grams, with camera and other equipment: 1050g? <---yes I really don't get how its that light (850), thats like pkzone radian weight.

Any other question are greatly appreciated
Mar 05, 2013, 10:55 PM
3D & FPV Junkie
Just mounted my hitec 7954sh servos in my 87" SHP. I am definitely getting a swb arm for the rudder but do you think it is necessary for the elevators and ailerons?
Mar 05, 2013, 10:55 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Kamutzki
why ar6210? just cause it has the satellite? I have heard that the satellite and dual antennas on ar600 are about the same
Go DSMX. It DOES make a difference.
IIRC the AR600 is not DSMX.
Mar 05, 2013, 10:57 PM
3D & FPV Junkie
I can distribute in the USA! Also what do you need for webmaster? I can probably do that as well.

Well to answer your question, I love the 42" AJ Slick. Best fly 4x" plane. It is violent in 3D and flies on rails in precision. Also just to give you an idea of how easy it is to get used too, I was tail touching on the maiden flight of my first one. I loved it so much that I have over 1000+ flights on it and it did not want to stay together. I am maidening my 2nd one on Sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nforbesrc99
7s. I can sell the blade 400 for 200... I will get the new blades and stuff for 20.00. Than ill just sell the 6i for 100.... But that's only 300. Plus I think it's kinda rude to sell that. And I'll learn basic 3D and circuits and stuff on the b400 THAN sell of upgrade it (beastx and fbl head).

I'm just gonna sell the 6i for 100 (because its DSM2 and its used) and put that towards a 42 slick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nforbesrc99
I'm getting one soon. Ask dskuro (dan). He HIGHLY reccomends it from what I have noticed....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboyyy
I have the 42 slick, I haven't built it yet but I'll tell you what I think when I build it. Also I can go on rf when I finish walking my dog
Quote:
No new members for now, however i will need a webmaster, and somebody to handle stock and dispatch in the US once business picks up.

Id better get busy (i powered up the banshee to half throttle and shehoves there with no stick inputs at all... :EEK: )
Mar 05, 2013, 11:42 PM
F3K all day
Quote:
I do cad stuff and fix pc's for cash

My banshee electrics arrived Today and i almost don installing the just need some corbon rod for the elevator then its on o building my 3.7m T.D glider wing build, in balsa then i gotta glass it. (+ prepping my hi-start)
Do you fly competitions?
Mar 06, 2013, 12:16 AM
RCG -Minus Member
I need Real Flight... I also need $200 NOT in my savings account.
Latest blog entry: Nall in the Fall '21
Mar 06, 2013, 02:14 AM
AD.
AD.
Team Better Than Yours
Quote:
Exactly the same frequency as DSM2.
Mar 06, 2013, 03:00 AM
Re the last few pages, be wary of Walter Mitty types. Don't give up time or money to fantasists. It's like having a slightly insane conman on the loose around here.
Mar 06, 2013, 03:11 AM
BlackLivesMatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonafriedman
Do you fly competitions?
Nope just for fun
Mar 06, 2013, 03:14 AM
AD.
AD.
Team Better Than Yours
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThermalSniffer
Re the last few pages, be wary of Walter Mitty types. Don't give up time or money to fantasists. It's like having a slightly insane conman on the loose around here.
Too right. A few Billy the bs in here.
Mar 06, 2013, 06:54 AM
Obeying the law of gravity
Quote:
Ar600 is dsmx, the new one at least.
Mar 06, 2013, 07:48 AM
No place like cloud base......
Quote:
Any examples of your work?

I have my website for a class here: https://sites.google.com/site/airplanedesignstudy/blog

And I'm working on a website for the VT CAP Glider Program here:
http://superbarlow2012.wix.com/springfield-gliders

Remember, that on is still in progress.

Quick Reply