Feb 26, 2013, 10:08 PM
3d NOOBular
Well I just put in an order for a DLE 35ra. The only bad thing about it is the mounting pattern isn't the same. The top standoffs are 80 mm instead of 70. So the retrofit will end up taking a bit of work.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 26, 2013, 10:11 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke
Well I just put in an order for a DLE 35ra. The only bad thing about it is the mounting pattern isn't the same. The top standoffs are 80 mm instead of 70. So the retrofit will end up taking a bit of work.
Glue in Dowl rods with old school Wood Glue, sand flush, drill new.
Feb 26, 2013, 10:13 PM
3d NOOBular
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy
lol DUH! Why didn't I think of that? I'm ashamed to call myself a carpenter's son. I have done that countless times on door hinges etc. that had stripped out screw holes. For some reason I didn't think about it for this application.
Feb 26, 2013, 10:22 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down
Quote:
lol DUH! Why didn't I think of that? I'm ashamed to call myself a carpenter's son. I have done that countless times on door hinges etc. that had stripped out screw holes. For some reason I didn't think about it for this application.

GOT WOOD?

Man.... I need a nap...Night all
Feb 26, 2013, 10:44 PM
3d NOOBular
DOG I don't know where your brain went but...

Anyway, I'm totally excited for the engine now
Feb 27, 2013, 12:40 AM
Lawn Dart Professional
I'm trying to setup my servos on my receiver, and I'm running into a problem. My ailerons are on a Y connector, and one of them is acting like it's spring loaded when it hits the travel limits or back to center, bouncing back and forth a couple time before finally coming to a rest. Once its connected directly to the receiver, all is good for both servos. swapping the leads changes which servo acts this way. I'm also getting a clicking in all of the servos when the Y is hooked up. Now, I'm assuming that it's a bad Y connector, but thought I'd ask if it could be some sort of interference before ordering a new one.

You just gotta love working with old equipment.
Feb 27, 2013, 12:45 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy
Or, use 60 min epoxy and glue a dowel in there.

Or, slot the holes

Or, fill the hole with epoxy with milled fiberglass

Or,

NO, that's all I got.
Feb 27, 2013, 01:04 AM
yeah it's gotta be the y .
Just take her apaet and resolder it.
Feb 27, 2013, 07:26 AM
Snowman's love child
Im officially tired of snow!
Feb 27, 2013, 07:57 AM
Lawn Dart Professional
Trying to get THIS. Any thoughts?

And K49, I can ALMOST see you there.
Feb 27, 2013, 08:58 AM
3d NOOBular
Looks like a great deal abaser. Also a good answer to your y connection problem since each aileron could (and should when possible imo) have its own channel that radio is newer than the one I had in mind for you and I'm liking the 2.4 module. He is giving it away at that price. I hope you didn't try and low-ball him.
Feb 27, 2013, 09:10 AM
Lawn Dart Professional
Quote:
Looks like a great deal abaser. Also a good answer to your y connection problem since each aileron could (and should when possible imo) have its own channel that radio is newer than the one I had in mind for you and I'm liking the 2.4 module. He is giving it away at that price. I hope you didn't try and low-ball him.
Low ball? Heck no! I'm aware its a good price, but have no idea about how those modules work, thus the reason for my question.
Feb 27, 2013, 09:28 AM
3d NOOBular
I'm sure the seller will be happy to answer any questions you have about the setup. In my radio I have a spektrum module. It doesn't change the operation of the radio at all. It just changes the bind procedure. Really not a big deal.
Feb 27, 2013, 12:59 PM
Thats a great deal.
Well carful what you ask for you just may get it.
we're having flurries now and out at the property we got another 4 inches. I havn't heard from my property caretaker in 7 days. I think my dogs are out of food so it looks like I may have to go buy a sled and hike a 1/2 mile through a 1ft of snow with a 50 lb bag of dog food.
I'm hoping and praying I have the strength to do it, but I got a pregnant doberman due any day.
Feb 27, 2013, 01:18 PM
Lawn Dart Professional
Well, I guess we'll see just how good of a deal it is when I get it in. He even thew in another reportedly new 2.4 receiver for an extra $10.

Quick Reply