Feb 25, 2013, 11:39 AM
Then I have finally gotten the ET OSD Pro to connect to the MFD and the solution was fond elsewhere than I originally thought....

I have been using the Sunnsky 800mw vtx and Sunsky vrx (w/ SAV filter mod) with great success in my Discovery (tiny OSD), both with and without the MFD. On the other hand, the Penguin with the OSD Pro has been nothing but problems.

The solution was to substitute the Sunsky vrx for a Racewood vrx and everything just works.....

I am happy now, although my hear is somewhat grayer and thinner !

Thanks to everyone who have tried to help me out. It has not been for nothing as many of the tips where really good.
Last edited by ron-sand; Feb 25, 2013 at 01:13 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 25, 2013, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron-sand
Then I have finally gotten the ET OSD Pro to connect to the MFD and the solution was fond elsewhere than I originally thought....

I have been using the Sunnsky 800mw vtx and Sunsky vrx (w/ SAV filter mod) with great success in my Discovery (tiny OSD), both with and without the MFD. On the other hand, the Penguin with the OSD Pro has been nothing but problems.

The solution was to substitute the Sunsky vrx for a Racewood vrx and everything just works.....

I am pappy now, although my hear is somewhat grayer and thinner !

Thanks to everyone who have tried to help me out. It has not been for nothing as many of the tips where really good.
Hi Ron,

i´m happy that you´ve found a solution of your issue - but i have never spend a thought that the video tx may corrupt the data transmission to the telefly osd.

cu Thomas
Feb 25, 2013, 01:13 PM
The video receiver (vrx), and no it was not my first thought either as the combination works fine with my Discovery quad. There is no such thing as "plug and play" in this business
Feb 25, 2013, 02:45 PM
Keep Calm, and Carry On...
Ron. Would you mind posting your final Setup? I'm using a race wood vtx and getting ready to purchase a mfd tracker. Would like to use it with my osd pro.
Thanks!
Feb 25, 2013, 07:31 PM
Are you thinking of the wiring scheme or the OSD configuration file?
Feb 25, 2013, 07:53 PM
Hey guys
getting hum on my audio and can not hear the mic.
I have an ET and it is connected to a Lawmate 500mw tx. I installed the 10k resistor on the audio out and tried a 2.2uk cap on the video out from video to ground but when I connect the cap I lose my video.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Feb 25, 2013, 08:01 PM
di you try adjust the white/black balance?
Feb 25, 2013, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvbasher
di you try adjust the white/black balance?
I will try that
Thanks
Feb 25, 2013, 08:06 PM
FPV junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by CambriaHobby
I will try that
Thanks
lower white
Feb 25, 2013, 08:12 PM
Quote:
I will try that
Thanks
Tried it.. it does change a bit but even with text off I still get the hum
Feb 25, 2013, 08:27 PM
FPV junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom in Cincy
The buzzing noise when the osd is on is also a function of the transmitter and possibly the receiver. Turn voice alerts level to 4 (max). If there is a resistor in the audio line between the OSD and the transmitter take it out. That resistor was meant to lower the audio level only if you had video distortion cause by the audio over driving the transmitter. This will bring the audio levels up from the OSD and allow you to lower the volume coming out of the receiver thus reducing the overall buzzing noise induced by the OSD. I am saying this based on the very high level of audio the external mic is picking up. You know-- That horrible noise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaBo
Thanks all for helping out.
Audio noise
I removed 10k resistor on audio between osd and VTx, reduced white level to 5 and increased black level to 4. Now audio noise seems to be much lower. (there still is a "scratchy" nosie when voice alerts is activated. The voice alert it self is clear and nice sounding so it appears just before the voice alert)

Also telemetry is working now.
I toggled Narrow mode yes/no and all of a sudden telemetry worked. :-)
So now i have calibrated antenna tracking via pc. Can't wait to try it for real.

br
/Hans
Quote:
Tried it.. it does change a bit but even with text off I still get the hum
Try this
Feb 25, 2013, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson
Try this
I will
thanks
Feb 25, 2013, 08:50 PM
Mike
I pulled the resistor out and the voice got louder and so did the noise. The voice got really scratchy almost not able to understand.
Im uploading a video so you can here what I'm hearing.
Here is the video
ET and noise with Lawmate 500mw TX (0 min 48 sec)

Thanks
Mark
Last edited by CambriaHobby; Feb 25, 2013 at 09:00 PM.
Feb 25, 2013, 08:53 PM
FPV junkie
Quote:
Mike
I pulled the resistor out and the voice got louder and so did the noise. The voice got really scratchy almost not able to understand.
Im uploading a video so you can here what I'm hearing.
Thanks
Mark
Some Microphones have a potentiometer that allows you to adjust the volume level of the device its self.

If it does, then I would try lowering the volume.

I am inclined to believe that your issues stem from the microphone that you are using.

I may be wrong, but that is the first place that I would look.
Feb 25, 2013, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson
Some Microphones have a potentiometer that allows you to adjust the volume level of the device its self.

If it does, then I would try lowering the volume.

I am inclined to believe that your issues stem from the microphone that you are using.

I may be wrong, but that is the first place that I would look.
Mike
Even if I remove the mic I get the hum

Quick Reply