Feb 19, 2013, 06:56 AM
AMA 84248 since 1964
Has anyone tried to pull recorded data from the SD card that's in the side of the DX8? I'm pretty sure I elected the option to put data on the SD card, but I have not attempted to read it. I would like to review the last 6 flights on my RV-4 and see if there were any fades or holds. I have no idea if the GPS data was recorded, but if so it might be interesting to see.

KKKKFL
to remove ads between posts
Feb 19, 2013, 07:02 AM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
You can download the STi App and view the log file on your Apple iDevice. (you have one )
or You can download the software floating around here somewhere to view the log file on a PC.
Feb 19, 2013, 07:06 AM
AMA 84248 since 1964
I know how to get the file from the STi device... but I believe that the data that gets stored on the SD card is different. Could be wrong there.... I have never really pulled the SD card to see what's been written on it. Should I look for the same file extension as the STi application?

I just re-checked the STi on my iPhone and there's no way to see a Min/Max other than to graph sensors. But, I was looking for an output that looks like the DX8 screen showith min/max alone.

Thanks

KKKKFL
Last edited by Franco2fly; Feb 19, 2013 at 07:18 AM.
Feb 19, 2013, 07:08 AM
Email yourself the SD card log file. Then using your iDevice to view your emails when you click on the log file attachment the STi App will come up as an option to view the attachment. Select it and view.

It's a different way of view it if you don't have the STi Dongle.

PS: It shows up in the STi App as an Email-Attachments, then you click on the flights you want to see.
Feb 19, 2013, 07:09 AM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco2fly
Has anyone tried to pull recorded data from the SD card that's in the side of the DX8? I'm pretty sure I elected the option to put data on the SD card, but I have not attempted to read it. I would like to review the last 6 flights on my RV-4 and see if there were any fades or holds. I have no idea if the GPS data was recorded, but if so it might be interesting to see.

KKKKFL
http://www.robo-software.com/
Feb 19, 2013, 07:15 AM
Or the thread here
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=395
Feb 19, 2013, 08:58 AM
Quote:
I know how to get the file from the STi device... but I believe that the data that gets stored on the SD card is different. Could be wrong there....
Yup, you're right that you're wrong

The file is the raw data off the air with timestamps and headers. The same raw data is what gets processed in any system - tx, STi, or PC - and the STi saves the same raw data that the transmitter does.

Andy
Feb 19, 2013, 09:05 AM
AMA 84248 since 1964
Ok,
So the min/max screen is just the DX8's representation of the same data...
Will have to see what that Robo software does for an output cuz the STi app just
lets you graph two sensors, but there's no Fade or Hold information.

I was trying to corellate the GPS drops and see if Fades occurred at the same time but,
this might be a "Bridge too far" .

KKKKFL
Feb 19, 2013, 09:24 AM
Sounds like you need to try the PC version, Franco.

Andy
Feb 19, 2013, 09:28 AM
AMA 84248 since 1964
Yup,
Hope it works on a Mac... I hate this Thinkpad that the company provides.... glorified door stop.

KKKKFL
Feb 19, 2013, 09:36 AM

Newbi?

Will the telemetry module + gps sensor fit on a 450x?
Feb 19, 2013, 09:37 AM
Yes, no problem!
Feb 19, 2013, 09:39 AM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
I was trying to corellate the GPS drops and see if Fades occurred at the same time but,
this might be a "Bridge too far" .

KKKKFL
You can make a custom graph with Martin's software and display just your chosen elements. They are displayed with a time scale so you can see events that occurred at the same time.
Feb 19, 2013, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Yup,
Hope it works on a Mac... I hate this Thinkpad that the company provides.... glorified door stop.

KKKKFL
The developer has worked it up as a Windoze PC platform for now.I believe a Mac version will be in the works once the PC version is sorted.
Feb 19, 2013, 05:02 PM
Almost on topic - do you guys like the STI device? I just ordered one.

Harry

Do you get audio?
Last edited by Harry H; Feb 19, 2013 at 05:10 PM.

Quick Reply