Feb 10, 2013, 07:50 AM
g0t rabb1t?
Re-tested the same sandisk class10 32GB card on another gopro black, 2.7K with protune. -2°C outside, no way it could overheat.
First clip (3 mins) ok, stopped, started and it stopped recording after ~1minute. So, easy to reproduce with another camera too...
to remove ads between posts
Feb 10, 2013, 08:40 AM
Happy Days
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgearuk
Mudlark, as you say crazy as its not been out long.. Did you buy yours over in the US? The reason I ask that as I've had one or two probs with mine, not used it enough to investigate what's causing it, but have had serval lock ups and one time a real hot camera and seemed to flatten the battery in no time, so just keeping an eye on what everyone else is doing..
I brought it brand new off a member on here as he had 2 of them, but he lives in the US.. If I have a problem I'm sure I can get the receipt from him.. But not sure where I would stand..
Sounds like your having the same over heating problem as me. Battery shows up as flat but once it's cooled down it's only half empty.
Yes got mine out in the States whilst visiting my fiance.
Turns out that she has the receipt and hopefully she'll fine it today.
I assume that if you can get the receipt of the seller, being in the UK shouldn't be a problem.
I'd try and get it first and then get in touch with GoPro. I had a prompt reply as if they are expecting to get a few of these.

Good luck
Feb 10, 2013, 08:42 AM
Happy Days
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABLomas
Re-tested the same sandisk class10 32GB card on another gopro black, 2.7K with protune. -2°C outside, no way it could overheat.
First clip (3 mins) ok, stopped, started and it stopped recording after ~1minute. So, easy to reproduce with another camera too...
I tried mine in sub zero and it still overheathed
Feb 10, 2013, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudlark
Sounds like your having the same over heating problem as me. Battery shows up as flat but once it's cooled down it's only half empty.
Yes got mine out in the States whilst visiting my fiance.
Turns out that she has the receipt and hopefully she'll fine it today.
I assume that if you can get the receipt of the seller, being in the UK shouldn't be a problem.
I'd try and get it first and then get in touch with GoPro. I had a prompt reply as if they are expecting to get a few of these.

Good luck
Cheers, wondered if you had.. That sounds like what happened to mine, it was after I was playing with the settings, then had wifi on did a test record and was flat in no time and pretty hot to the touch.

Also seems to freeze a lot switching on/off wifi and different devices.
Feb 10, 2013, 06:49 PM
Happy Days
Found my receipt
Just waiting for GoPro to reply.
Then just need to figure out how long it'll take to post back to the US and then back to the UK.
I recon Three weeks.
Feb 11, 2013, 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudlark
I tried mine in sub zero and it still overheathed
Anyone had overheating problems with silver edition, or is it just black one?
Feb 11, 2013, 02:43 AM
I haven't heard of any big issues with White (HD equiv) or Silver (Hero2 equiv), but then
they don't have all these high bitrate video modes that the Black does.

Did some testing in 2.7k mode tonight with my Sandisk and PNY cards.
Got it to fail many many times with both, but seems to happen more with the Sandisk cards.
It fails most often after only 3-4 seconds, but sometimes after a minute or two. Several
lockups after powering down after a failed record attempt. Got hot once.
Had to remove the battery about a half dozen times. This is my 2nd H3 Black. :|

Did some benchmark testing of the cards, and the PNY card is faster (11-12.5MB/s write speed)
versus the Sandisk (8.9-9.9MB/s write). That was a surprise.

ian
Feb 11, 2013, 02:53 AM
Crashaffinity on youtube
i got a silver in december, only because the blacks weren't available here yet, and have been pretty happy with it. absolutely no problems, except for the crappy 3rd rate micro sd cards i bought
Feb 11, 2013, 05:24 AM
Vulcan skyhook multirotor
My batt on the black ed is very poor i canot charge it and leave bat in and exspect it to hold it charge even if wifi is switch off
Feb 11, 2013, 12:35 PM
DOLLA DOLLA BILL YALL
i use samsung SD cards and have not had a problem with the black except copying via USB. 2.7k, 1080, everything works
Feb 13, 2013, 02:56 PM
Got my GPH3 replacement today from GoPro after getting a RMA on 1/31/13. Not to bad just 2 weeks. Mine had similar overheating, stop recording issues and sandisk lockups.
Feb 14, 2013, 08:45 AM
Anyone use this type of cable to power your Hero3 with the 5V from your Rx?

http://www.rc4y.com/av-output-cable-...ro3-p-533.html
Feb 15, 2013, 01:53 PM
Happy Days
Well I finally got my RMA number from GoPro.
And luckily I only have to send it to Holland.
Got to be quicker than all the way to the States and back.
Feb 15, 2013, 05:03 PM
I asked this question before but no answer. So I tried anyway and it works fine. It shows on the gopro as charging, but the gopro won't run without the battery, so I think the battery is still being used, just not at as fast a rate. I haven't tested overall bat life yet, maybe ill do a test to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickwitit
Anyone use this type of cable to power your Hero3 with the 5V from your Rx?

http://www.rc4y.com/av-output-cable-...ro3-p-533.html
Feb 15, 2013, 05:46 PM
I had a weird thing happen yesterday with my GoPro3 Black.

I started recording and went for a flight and came back and only 5 seconds recorded.
The camera would not record again and none of the buttons worked and I had to take the battery out.
Did it a bunch more times and still would still only record a few seconds and then the camera would lock up.

I tried many times with no luck.

I hooked the Scandisk class 10 32gb card to the computer and saw all the files and they were only a few seconds.
I saw a TRASHES file and went in there and that folder had almost 20gb of videos and files.
I though I deleted everything after I uploaded to the computer but somehow things ended up in the TRASHES file.

I emptied that file and now the camera is working again.

So I don't get what's going on.

Quick Reply