Feb 08, 2013, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T J Gilbert
Is the Dual Lock material flexible at all?
If so, do you think the GPS module minds this?
My gut tells me it's okay for GPS, but not for the Naza MC.
DJI does like the very thin double sided mount tape for everything.
I use the DJI stuff or its equivalent.
As an added safeguard, I run a small zip-tie over the GPS module and the MC.
Hey TJ
This stuff is totally solid. There is no movement like there is with Velcro.
It's available in different "strengths" and thicknesses. The stuff I have is about 1/8th" thick when snapped together. I have the 1" wide variety.

Regards
Bernd

Witespy-DJI NAZA F450 Flamewheel
2212/920kv DJI motors and Opto 30A ESC's
10x4 Gemfan Woodies Props / GoPro Hero HD2
Fat Shark Predator V2 FPV
AUW 3S-4000mah = 1585g
Spektrum TX DX-7 (original) / Spektrum RX AR6200
to remove ads between posts
Feb 08, 2013, 02:12 PM
RCHN #150
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_q
Based on "the numbers" the best prop out there today that I have tested (and I've done a lot of this ) are the Graupner eProp$. Based on cost + known reliability and balance-ability, I'd have to go with APCsf.

As far as CF props I have no experience with props of this size but on my 55cc Slick I have tried Xoar, Falcon and HK Carbon Fiber and can tell you the worst prop I've ever used on this plane is the HK CF. Even a cheap wood prop was better. The Xoar is excellent and the Falcon is even better. The static RPM difference between the HK and the Falcon is 550RPM (6450 vs. 7000). All props tested were 23x8, all on the same day. So, just because it has a swoopy looking CF fabric, there is no gaurantee it is any better than than any other prop. (maybe I'll test them in the future).

With regards to using a SF prop on a quad, according to APC these props are good to a maximum rpm determined by the following formula:

Maximum RPM=65,000/prop diameter (inches)

This is from the APC website - http://www.apcprop.com/v/html/rpm_limits.html

Below is the last test data set I did on 10" props and I can tell you the 9" props compare almost identically.
Have fun!
Nice work. Thanks for posting this.

Rick
Feb 08, 2013, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Since you chose not to list your location, I had no idea that GotHeliRC might be a "foreign" supplier to you.
Sorry...
You guys really should disclose your locations.
I've always felt it should be a requirement to post.
I also think RCG should compare your IP address to the one you list.
I'm not interested in helping any terrorists...

And if that offends anyone...
That's my stand.
you americans are hillarious!!
Feb 08, 2013, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seebodener
Olivier,
maybe these european dealers have want you want:
E-store Rotterdam: http://shop.righthere.nu/
UAVshop UK: http://www.uavshop.co.uk/catalog/
qudframe.com: http://quadframe.com/
Flyduino Shop: http://flyduino.net/
Stein Webshop: http://stein-webshop.de/Shop/

BR Jörg
I would add quadcopters.co.uk to that list - great service and very competitive prices. I have no link to them - just a happy customer.

I have used Flyduino and uavshop UK too and would definitely recommend both of them as well.
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
Feb 08, 2013, 05:32 PM
INAV
Thanks for the links, the order is now sent, went for MT2216 motors, with 4S its looking deliciously overpowered (at least on paper).
Feb 08, 2013, 09:08 PM
KG7TTQ - Hauser, ID
Quote:
Is the Dual Lock material flexible at all?
If so, do you think the GPS module minds this?
My gut tells me it's okay for GPS, but not for the Naza MC.
DJI does like the very thin double sided mount tape for everything.
I use the DJI stuff or its equivalent.
As an added safeguard, I run a small zip-tie over the GPS module and the MC.
I use lot's of dual lock, have for years, it's my favorite way to stick things like VTX's, RX's, small ESC's, Hatches, in some cases batteries, etc. It can be a problem in some cases because it locks so well and the sticky part is so good, if you have it on balsa it could peel the balsa right up! It is solid, much more than Velcro but I would not use it on a flight controller as it will intensify any vibration that exists right into the FC. If not applied really well it can also cause what-ever you are mounting to not sit perfectly flat. I use a high quality servo tape which has a very thin layer of foam, much thinner than 3M foam tape.
Feb 09, 2013, 12:30 AM
* fly fast - live slow *
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haych

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
I would add quadcopters.co.uk to that list - great service and very competitive prices. I have no link to them - just a happy customer.

I have used Flyduino and uavshop UK too and would definitely recommend both of them as well.
+1
I simply forgot to mention quadcopters.uk
Feb 09, 2013, 12:54 AM
work all night and fly all day
Last edited by DIG2fly; Feb 09, 2013 at 01:53 AM.
Feb 09, 2013, 08:12 AM
Suspended Account
Philips Portable DVD Dual Screen 9 inch ! PD9012/37 ! SLAVE SCREEN ONLY !
$29.99 And NO BLUE SCREEN! looks like he has LOTS of these. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Philips-Port...45310#viTabs_0
Feb 09, 2013, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Since you chose not to list your location, I had no idea that GotHeliRC might be a "foreign" supplier to you.
Sorry...
You guys really should disclose your locations.
I've always felt it should be a requirement to post.
I also think RCG should compare your IP address to the one you list.
I'm not interested in helping any terrorists...

And if that offends anyone...
That's my stand.
Right... Oh, by the way, I'm flying to another country on holidays. Do you think it's all right to use the forum since my IP will show that it doesn't match the country on my profile? You know, us "foreigners" are all suspect.

You've started me wondering about Olivier now. Probably won't bomb anyone with his bird, but you might be helping him spy on
the neighbours teenage daughter through the bathroom window. You know those French. Wait! Is he really French??? Could be tricking us, could be tricking us.....
Feb 09, 2013, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the Fish
Thread OP
I think I have been trickled. I am so ashamed.
Feb 09, 2013, 10:44 AM
INAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haych
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadorey
You know, us "foreigners" are all suspect.
Hmmm I think we spotted 2 terrorists (and 3, counting myself), please stand still and hold your GPS above your head, and do not turn off your mobile phone, freedom missile incoming !
Feb 09, 2013, 12:40 PM

Rebuilt and waiting for props..

(I saw microcenter had cheap 10x4.7 prop set for only $10 -- May have to pick some up for practice)
Feb 09, 2013, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the Fish
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by v00d0o

Rebuilt and waiting for props..

(I saw microcenter had cheap 10x4.7 prop set for only $10 -- May have to pick some up for practice)
Buy several, you will need them and nothing is worse that waiting for parts.
Feb 09, 2013, 02:58 PM
KG7TTQ - Hauser, ID
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy
Philips Portable DVD Dual Screen 9 inch ! PD9012/37 ! SLAVE SCREEN ONLY !
$29.99 And NO BLUE SCREEN! looks like he has LOTS of these. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Philips-Port...45310#viTabs_0
Careful there GW! I've been through a couple of 9" displays and none yet compare to the 8" ReadyMadeRC unit. Yes, it is a hundred bucks but it has far more brightness than any other I have seen, it is crystal clear (with my Pixm Seawolf FPV camera) and it has 800x400 resolution. Philips shows their 9" monitor has 640x220 resolution which is pretty low.

I also looked at the 10.1" RMRC monitor and it wasn't nearly as bright as the 8".

Just sayin...

Quick Reply