Feb 06, 2013, 10:13 AM
Thanks Jason,

You may want to put a dab of Elmers glue or rubber cement on the rubber bumpers so the'll adhere to the motors and have less tendency to fall off.

Your cracked motor mount.............were yours cracked as a result of crashing or did yours come that way out of the box?
to remove ads between posts
Feb 06, 2013, 11:20 AM
Eye to the sky!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill
Thanks Jason,

You may want to put a dab of Elmers glue or rubber cement on the rubber bumpers so the'll adhere to the motors and have less tendency to fall off.

Your cracked motor mount.............were yours cracked as a result of crashing or did yours come that way out of the box?
Pretty sure it was from crashing. I see today that another mount is cracked as well. I'll switch out bodies tonight, and place an order for more soon. Then I'll CA the original body and let it sit for a while.

I was wondering what would be best to use on the rubber feet. Don't want to use anything too strong as I am worried the wires might get ripped out. I was thinking about using hot glue, but thought that might be a bad idea. Wish I had picked up rubber cement yesterday, but I'll try Elmer's Glue.
Feb 06, 2013, 11:58 AM
WRX STI V - EJ22 - 35.3 PSI
Ello dudes !
Quick question for you gents what's the best way to sort out cracks in the frame...specially the areas near the motors?
What's the method to fixit up?
Cheers
Ayo
Feb 06, 2013, 12:48 PM
Hi Massive.
I tried to order on the website and when i get to checkout it wont let me enter any info. i am using my smartphone to order since i don't have a laptop at the moment. i do have paypal. please help. :-)
Feb 06, 2013, 01:02 PM
Jason, hot glue is fine so long as you use it sparingly (it's heavy and adds weight) and don't get any strands in your props.......or at least remove them if you do. I hot glue around the motors to frame in order to try and reduce vibrations as well.

Ayodha, super glue should work just fine.

MHM, what country are you from? Thanks.
Feb 06, 2013, 01:06 PM
When in doubt, throttle out...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid156
Nice I am trying to do the same but somebody stole my video google and I have not video input on my brand new tv

BTW where did you buy the 50mah lipo? And how do charge it?
50mA lipo from Hobbyking
I added the same connector as main flight lipo & charge from my USB udiRC charger.
Feb 06, 2013, 01:19 PM
im from Ca. probably be good to put that as my location. lol
Feb 06, 2013, 01:41 PM
I am in canada to��

Wow am I glad I found this forum. Tons of nice people and tons of info. I come from surface RC and have about 9 RTR trucks and cars.

I bought a TRX QR-1 a month back or so, this was my first time flying anything I trashed it in 2 packs lol. Sent it away got it fixed as I wasn't comfortable soldering on such small stuff. After tons of reading I realized I got ripped off and bought a clone for twice as much. I got it back from TRX and lasted another 2 packs until I just threw it in the garbage and ordered a Syma X1. Wow is it ever fun and addicting. I've beat it up real good and still no issues. About 40 packs in it now. Getting better flying around now, but a total noob compared to the vids you guys have up. After using this syma I was wanting something faster and more responsive and smaller. I read tons of your reviews. Thanks to Massive RC and a few others a lot of your posts helped me decide.

On order:

Hubsan x4 w/ spare motors and mini cp landing gear
V202 scorpion
Ladybird v2
V939
6 turnigy nanotech lipos

Can't wait to get them and fly them. When I get into a hobby I usually go all out lol. I see from reading that the possibilities are endless and there's tons of options and accessories. For now I will stick to these and just have fun with them and improve my flying skills. Most likely give my syma x1 to my son.

Next in my sights is a ladybird v1 and ill use th devo 4 that comes with the v2. And also looking at the rc eye one, but confused with it as there are different models out there?
Last edited by Stephan81; Feb 06, 2013 at 01:48 PM.
Feb 06, 2013, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlands
50mA lipo from Hobbyking
I added the same connector as main flight lipo & charge from my USB udiRC charger.

Thank but it seems backorder since age... You are not efraid to burn your lipos with this chrager (too many amps) ??
Feb 06, 2013, 02:30 PM
Love this thing, but drifts more than my laybird ....

Are there more than one calibration procedures ? I do the rudder-right-down corner + left-right aileron ... any extra advice ?
Feb 06, 2013, 02:55 PM
When in doubt, throttle out...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid156
Thank but it seems backorder since age... You are not efraid to burn your lipos with this chrager (too many amps) ??
Ive been using it for a few months without issue - these chargers are quite low current as they run from USB sockets.

:-)
Feb 06, 2013, 03:54 PM
Hi guys, fixing motors . . i have killed a few of these motors now and have swapped out my last spare so i got to wondering if there is a simple way to fix the motors when the bottom pops off? I will put in another order for spares and i was thinking maybe a dab of super glue would stop them breaking on hard "landings" but if i could bring back the four dead motors i have it would be a good idea. also, the difference between CW and CCW . . is that simply the wiring the other way round? Please forgive if this has been covered in the 161 previous pages but a search was not really my friend ...
Feb 06, 2013, 04:17 PM
Eye to the sky!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill
Jason, hot glue is fine so long as you use it sparingly (it's heavy and adds weight) and don't get any strands in your props.......or at least remove them if you do. I hot glue around the motors to frame in order to try and reduce vibrations as well.
Do yo have a pic of how you used the hot glue around the motor frame?

I was worried about using hot glue on the rubber feet thinking it might get caught up in the wires and make disassembly very difficult; the wires might get pulled out. Thoughts?

Seems like rubber cement would be best, but I'll try Elmers glue since I have that on hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyroot729
Hi guys, fixing motors . . i have killed a few of these motors now and have swapped out my last spare so i got to wondering if there is a simple way to fix the motors when the bottom pops off? I will put in another order for spares and i was thinking maybe a dab of super glue would stop them breaking on hard "landings" but if i could bring back the four dead motors i have it would be a good idea. also, the difference between CW and CCW . . is that simply the wiring the other way round? Please forgive if this has been covered in the 161 previous pages but a search was not really my friend ...
I tried to fix a couple motors without success. The orientation of the can to the base is very important, and if you don't already know where it's supposed to line up it will be trial and error.

I also thought about using CA on the motors, but never did. Ever since I installed the rubber feet I haven't broken a motor...even after some hard landings on asphalt.

These little motors have finger brushes. CW and CCW motors have the brushes aligned such that the armature spins toward the end of the extending fingers. If you have a motor open you can see what I'm talking about. Reversing the wiring will cause it to spin the opposite direction, but the armature will be turning in an un-ideal way against the brushes. It'll work, but the motors won't last as long. Be careful, no matter what you do. I ended up breaking off 1 wire while trying to repair a motor.

I have 2 full sets of 4 motors coming in from BG, but I got impatient and went to my LHS and picked up an arm+motor for an 1-SQ. I only needed 1 motor to get back in the air. It was $10, but the itch needed scratching, so I jumped on it, and since I had just received the rubber feet I was even more anxious to get back in the air to try them out.
Feb 06, 2013, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason4207
Do yo have a pic of how you used the hot glue around the motor frame?

I was worried about using hot glue on the rubber feet thinking it might get caught up in the wires and make disassembly very difficult; the wires might get pulled out. Thoughts?

Seems like rubber cement would be best, but I'll try Elmers glue since I have that on hand.
Here you go:

If you only glue areas on each side of hte motor wires, you should be OK.
Feb 06, 2013, 04:54 PM
I see you have different blades.You mixed original blades with others.....??...Is it working?

Quick Reply