Feb 02, 2013, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ41 View Post
Are you sure it does 1080P 60FPS? The website says: "720p/60fps, 1080p/30fps HD Recording! " (1080i is not the same, because that is interlaced and not progressive)
Yes I saw it was interlaced but for the price it's worth a test.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 02, 2013, 05:08 AM
How heard would be change front to back of the Phantom? I was thinking for better balance and CG to avoid battery trays etc to swap front back. Anyway DJI says keep battery away from compass
How difficult will be find the position, settings/setup for GPS etc and/or other electronics?
Last edited by jowek; Feb 02, 2013 at 07:43 AM.
Feb 02, 2013, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jowek View Post
How heard would be change front to back of the Phantom? DJI says keep battery away from compass. I was thinking for better balance and CG to avoid battery trays etc to swap front back.
How difficult will be find the position, settings/setup for GPS etc and/or other electronics?
Why does the battery need to further from the compass?

I just looked at my phantom and how would the battery be further away?

Mine works great.
Feb 02, 2013, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpilot23 View Post
Why does the battery need to further from the compass?

I just looked at my phantom and how would the battery be further away?

Mine works great.
DJI stated this here. Anyway i have a idea for which would be good swap front-back and keep battery inside.. . but not sure if i can mange to do that.
Feb 02, 2013, 08:58 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
DJI stated this here. Anyway i have a idea for which would be good swap front-back and keep battery inside.. . but not sure if i can mange to do that.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean swapping it. How would you gain anything over how it is stock?
Feb 02, 2013, 09:12 AM
DJI Phantom outdoor flight gopro 3 Black 1080P 60P (1 min 31 sec)

Here is my second outdoor f light using the Gopro stick on mount and case.
Feb 02, 2013, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab View Post
I'm not sure I understand what you mean swapping it. How would you gain anything over how it is stock?
Sorry for my english. I mean make a front where light is and back where battery is. Physically move everything inside is easy but how difficult would be to setup rest?
Feb 02, 2013, 09:37 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Sorry for my english. I mean make a front where light is and back where battery is. Physically move everything inside is easy but how difficult would be to setup rest?
I understand what you mean by swapping it around but what would be gained? The led would become harder to see in flight since your more likely to be tail in than nose in especially on takeoff where verifying the state is important.

You would need to swap the NAZA end for end, turn the GPS around, swap the motor leads to reconfigure them in new order on NAZA.

Again I don't see how this gains anything unless you plan some further physical mods to the frame as well.
Feb 02, 2013, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab View Post
I understand what you mean by swapping it around but what would be gained? The led would become harder to see in flight since your more likely to be tail in than nose in especially on takeoff where verifying the state is important.

You would need to swap the NAZA end for end, turn the GPS around, swap the motor leads to reconfigure them in new order on NAZA.

Again I don't see how this gains anything unless you plan some further physical mods to the frame as well.
thanks flitelab
Im thinking about other modification...The point is get better CG with go pro and gimbal on the front without taking battery out.
As it is my first flying thing I may get use led's on the front (I guess)

How heard that will be from 1 to 10 for noob?
Feb 02, 2013, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Lorentzen View Post
@Gary - after your post - I did pop the camera into 2.7k cine 24fps this morning. as you said, its not perfect, but...
at about 30sec in - I did a up-and-over push deliberately slow, and that is not that terrible unstable. but still suffer from the small roll moves.

https://vimeo.com/58728030

Its not perfect, but I think it is amazing that it even did come out this good, this is on a direct drive gimbal.
OK OK OK. I know, its not perfect by any means, I clearly see jello. but here is the file so anyone can download if so inclined and play with what can be done in post. For the best results, de-fish the image first, then stabilize to avoid the GoPro warping in the center, expect to render to 1080 as you loose some resolution when processing video.

For reference, I totally subscribe to the shoot 2.7k post to 1080 philosophy, and feel that is a very acceptable compromise on a $650 quad video platform.
I agree, this is a bit better, but like you said, the jello is still there. Also, there's still quite a bit of movement, which is probably a combination of relative roughness of the direct drive servos, and the Naza outputs, which are not fast enough, in my opinion, and don't have an acceleration setting, which lets you fine-tune the outputs to each camera/gimbal setup.

-- Gary
Feb 02, 2013, 11:19 AM
Here is a quick video I shot the other day at the park. Still getting some jello when I am ascending hard. Other than that, seems to be jello free. Got my Attitude FatShark goggles in and the 1.3 Ghz system. They forgot to send ONE cable - DOH! Just need that and I can start getting a little crazier with the Phantom. Enjoy!

[PHTM]-Episode 151 (9 min 58 sec)
Feb 02, 2013, 11:27 AM
Andreas Shabelnikov
Hello everyone, where i can buy a cable that will connect battery balancer to video transmitter?
I'm new to this industry, so please help with a link of what i need.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sensegr...in/photostream
Feb 02, 2013, 11:45 AM

Phantom + Spektrum DX7?

I am a noob more or less. I have a few small helicopters that I fly with mixed results - big lama, cpx and also a ar drone. I'm thinking of getting the phantom and have seen a video where the stock tx/rx was changed out for a Futaba combo. I have a spektrum DX7 and it looks like only 6 channels are needed. Any thoughts on getting an almost ready to fly and using the DX7 over stock tx? Options for GPS settings look good on the Futaba.

Thanks
Fred
Feb 02, 2013, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Lorentzen View Post
Lets see, you hung about 400grams from the bottom of the long flexible landing gear.

So that is about half of the 800grams ready to fly weight with one battery. chances are balancing the props had nothing to do with it, but instead the gear flexed enough that the very heavy load simply was not shaken by any prop-vibrations..
Yes. One of the reasons I kept the flight low and short. That particular camera shows jello very easily. When I flew it on my F450 mounted on medium density foam with unbalanced props it was jello city

I agree that the load that was there would make some difference but if I didn't balance the props I guarantee there would have been jello. My props were pretty far off as they came.
Feb 02, 2013, 12:05 PM
Videographer/Product Reviews
To follow up on an earlier question, what happens when the compass gets disconnected when you are in GPS mode?

Is it a failsafe reaction, or does the Phantom just go out of control?

Thanks

Quick Reply