Jan 23, 2013, 07:04 PM
Suspended Account
I guess I was lucky I bought 40 of those digital servos! they only have 4 left at HK. They sure went fast at that cheap price!. I got plenty of spairs!
to remove ads between posts
Jan 23, 2013, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erenbostan
selam.
aynen dediğin gibi. motor ve esc elime geçti ve nasıl sabitlerim diye düşünüyorum şu anda.

this esc have a aluminium cooler.
how can I fasten motor.
A heatsink (aluminium cooler) is not needed if you strategically mount your ESC in a location where it has access to good airflow.
You can view pictures of where I mounted the ESC on my Raptors as well as how I modified the motor tower here
Jan 24, 2013, 12:43 AM
Team WarpSquad
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy
I guess I was lucky I bought 40 of those digital servos! they only have 4 left at HK. They sure went fast at that cheap price!. I got plenty of spairs!
It completely escapes me on why any individual would need 40.. No matter that they were cheap.. How many planes do you own? You must have a whole hangar of planes..
Jan 24, 2013, 12:48 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFocus
It completely escapes me on why any individual would need 40.. No matter that they were cheap.. How many planes do you own? You must have a whole hangar of planes..
I got em because they were cheap I mean REALY CHEAP!. I figure why not have plenty of extras. Nothing is worse than being grounded and having to wait weeks for parts from HK! I have a vast amount of brand new RC electronics, wiring, connectors, motors, ESCs etc. All still in factory packs. Its nice when you need something you can just reach up and grab one. Did I need the parts when I bought them? Nope but RC parts are cheap when you buy from the right place and have lots of time to wait for shipping. I shudder to think what a local hobby shop would have charged me for my inventory! I bet I got most for 90% less than the LHS charges.
Last edited by goldsworthy; Jan 24, 2013 at 08:26 AM.
Jan 24, 2013, 02:48 AM
Has Sloped Off
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFocus
Just counted the analogue 9g servos in my planes that are flyable right now.

If I wanted to change them all to digital at once I would need to buy...........87

Even gave me a shock, and thats only the little 9g ones.

I have 48 standard size servos in planes/cars/boats as well.

Dont tell the wife............lol

Dave
Jan 24, 2013, 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha1actual
A heatsink (aluminium cooler) is not needed if you strategically mount your ESC in a location where it has access to good airflow.
You can view pictures of where I mounted the ESC on my Raptors as well as how I modified the motor tower here
i have received this package, its too late.
Jan 24, 2013, 04:15 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy
Well, so much for my order from Hobby King! I live in Arizona but when I checked my tracking today I see my $400.00 order was deleverd to somewhere in Alaska! Thanks Hobby King!
Jan 24, 2013, 08:54 PM
If the address is correct, then the problem is with the carrier. If the address is not correct, then the problem is with you for not putting in the correct address and/or not correcting the erroneous address when ordering. In neither case is Hobbyking at fault.

Just to be fair. I have had tens of thousands of USD and more than 100 orders to HK and have not had one go astray. Touch wood.

chewy
Jan 24, 2013, 10:00 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewy
If the address is correct, then the problem is with the carrier. If the address is not correct, then the problem is with you for not putting in the correct address and/or not correcting the erroneous address when ordering. In neither case is Hobbyking at fault.

Just to be fair. I have had tens of thousands of USD and more than 100 orders to HK and have not had one go astray. Touch wood.

chewy
Meanwhile some Eskimo in a remote igloo got a delivery today via bush plane. He is the proud owner of a bunch of expensive RC electronics. Perhaps he will build a FPV plane and use it to hunt seals on the ice flows. All I know is he Os me BIG TIME! if I ever get up his way he better let me rub noses with his wife! I just got a message from Hobby King regarding my missing package! here it is!!!- Jessi, Jan 25 19:47 (HKT):
Hi John ,
Thanks for contacting the HobbyKing Support Team.

We are sorry for the undelivered parcel till now. Please kindly note that we had opened investigation for you today. It normally takes about 2 or 3 months for post to investigate for parcel. Once we have any news, we will keep you noted via a new email promptly.

Sorry again for any inconvenience brought to you.

Thanks for emailing support.
If you have any other questions, please let me know.
Regards.
Jessi
HobbyKing Support Team
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for discounts and promotions!
DID HE SAY 2-3 MONTHS? now thats customer service at its finest!
Last edited by goldsworthy; Jan 25, 2013 at 06:51 AM.
Jan 25, 2013, 07:33 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewy

chewy
All I know is I paid Hobby King and now Hobby King has my money.

The parts I paid Hobby King for are lost in Alaska!. It has to be someones fault so why not blame the one that profited from the transaction? (Hobby King)
Jan 25, 2013, 12:58 PM
Suspended Account
Could someone here be so kind as to share the proper Turnigy 9X settings for flying the Raptor?. A video would be nice if anyone has a link. I have a 9x and a FriSky I wish to program for my Raptor this week. THANKS!
Jan 25, 2013, 02:38 PM
Hard to dig any useful information in this thread, since most of it is about goldworthy's fortunes and misfortunes. Is there a way I could hide his posts for me?
Jan 25, 2013, 03:15 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by BInklz
Hard to dig any useful information in this thread, since most of it is about goldsworthy's fortunes and misfortunes. Is there a way I could hide his posts for me?
Yes just put me on your ignore list! although I cant understand why?. I try to get along with everyone here!. All I can say is I am sorry for offending you so bad!. Who knows someday we may meet on the flying field!. Good luck to you sir!
Last edited by goldsworthy; Jan 25, 2013 at 04:20 PM.
Jan 25, 2013, 03:47 PM
Has Sloped Off
Quote:
Originally Posted by BInklz
Hard to dig any useful information in this thread, since most of it is about goldworthy's fortunes and misfortunes. Is there a way I could hide his posts for me?
Thats a bit strong from someone who has just joined.......give the guy a break

If you read the WHOLE thread you may find the answers you want.

Most threads on RCGroups have a core of regular users that contribute whilst others dip in and out over time. We all learn by sharing our experiences, good or bad

Stick around you will learn stuff. Even watching other newbies gets you knowledge as they ask questions that are answered by the more experienced guys.

But beating on a guy for nothing will make you no friends..........or get you labelled a troll.

Dave
Jan 26, 2013, 04:58 AM
Sweden Malmoe

Raptor 1.6

Engine Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 2836-1500 Brushless
Plush 60A Brushless Speed Controller
Servo Hitec HS-55
Rangelink system

Quick Reply