Jan 25, 2013, 04:22 PM
txflyer
They said and I quote " you bought it its yours". I dont use micro deans. I used the ultra plug full size.
The didnt give reason for not standing behind it.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 25, 2013, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amrmatt
They said and I quote " you bought it its yours". I dont use micro deans. I used the ultra plug full size.
The didnt give reason for not standing behind it.
Check the manual. I wouldn't be surprised to see something about the warranty vein voided by changing the plugs.
Jan 25, 2013, 05:01 PM
txflyer
Lol. The manual went with the plane.
Jan 25, 2013, 06:40 PM
Quote:
I changed the esc out to mine only after the factory one failed. Mine worked. I reinstalled the factory and it powered up. I figured a loose connection. I tried to fly it. Failed again. This time failed in the air. The rest is history.
So you put a known problematic part back in then get upset when it fails

Sorry but the demise of your plane and wing is your fault IMO

You should not trash Hobbytown for your poor judgement

Gary
Jan 25, 2013, 06:53 PM
Philippians 4:13
Quote:
Im going to rock the boat a little. I bought the pro RXR last week. Spent 45 bucks on thier batterys, 15 on props, and 5 on deans. This plane flew only a few minutes esc toasted it self. Both Ares and HobbyTown refused to stand behind it.. I put this plane on the curb this evening with the garbage. I wont spend a dime on hobby town branded products again. And if ANY other store has what I need I will do my best not to shop there any more. If someone hurrys the can did thru my trash for it before morning. The wing isnt there because it didnt make it, but theres a full unharmed fuse there.
Man, I wish I lived wherever you live cause I would snatch up that plane in a heardbeat. I can't speak for HobbyTown but I can speak from what I have experienced in the past. Hobby Town may or may not be able to verify if there was a defect that caused a crash or not so what I have learned is to call the seller (HobbyTown in this case) simply to let them know about the issue then send the plane on to the manufacturer so they can hold the wreckage in their own hands and see that the esc got smoked. They need to be held accountable for poor QC or even just a defective item but I have found that the retail store rarely takes care of those issues because the world we live in simply isn't trustworty anymore. I could easily buy a plane, fly it for a couple days, crash it and really really want a nice new one then plug a battery in wrong just to fry the esc so I could take it back and get a new one. Would I do that? Absolutely not. Would you do that? I have no idea. Would the average human being do that? I think they might. Anyway, HobbyTown might not have taken the plane back but I kind of understand why they can't do that much anymore with the type of products that they sell. BUT, I can't imagine that Ares wouldn't have been willing to take a look at it. Give them another call. I bet you get somebody who will be more than happy to furthur investigate! Sorry for the frustrating situation you have found yourself in! Good luck man
Jan 25, 2013, 07:11 PM
Newbe learning everyday!
I had a esc failure on mine as well. The LHS wouldn't do anything and neither would Ares. Luckily for me chino diablo gave me his and its flying great again. I really do love this plane, but won't be buying another Ares plane. I'll stick with horizon hobby ( parkzone, eflite, etc.)I bought a ARF hawker seafury and the wing was damaged they sent me a new one no questions asked. It was also damaged, sent me another one, again damaged. I now have four wings, one is perfect and three are damaged. I bought a se5a ARF, again damaged fuselage right out of the box. New one sent no problem. These were both Eflite planes so QC may be a little lacking but made up for with customer service.Parkzone planes are always perfect and I have 7.so I'm a lifetime customer of anything horizon hobby makes because they appreciate their customers and I appreciate that. I just inspect them closely when I open the box:-) I also will say again, I love the way my Gamma 370 flies. No problems there!
Jan 25, 2013, 07:33 PM
txflyer
I will say it again. My problem was with service. I choose not to use their stuff with no service. Just now I talked a guy into going elsewhere for a cub
Last edited by amrmatt; Jan 25, 2013 at 08:16 PM.
Jan 25, 2013, 08:19 PM
txflyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty_horn
Man, I wish I lived wherever you live cause I would snatch up that plane in a heardbeat. I can't speak for HobbyTown but I can speak from what I have experienced in the past. Hobby Town may or may not be able to verify if there was a defect that caused a crash or not so what I have learned is to call the seller (HobbyTown in this case) simply to let them know about the issue then send the plane on to the manufacturer so they can hold the wreckage in their own hands and see that the esc got smoked. They need to be held accountable for poor QC or even just a defective item but I have found that the retail store rarely takes care of those issues because the world we live in simply isn't trustworty anymore. I could easily buy a plane, fly it for a couple days, crash it and really really want a nice new one then plug a battery in wrong just to fry the esc so I could take it back and get a new one. Would I do that? Absolutely not. Would you do that? I have no idea. Would the average human being do that? I think they might. Anyway, HobbyTown might not have taken the plane back but I kind of understand why they can't do that much anymore with the type of products that they sell. BUT, I can't imagine that Ares wouldn't have been willing to take a look at it. Give them another call. I bet you get somebody who will be more than happy to furthur investigate! Sorry for the frustrating situation you have found yourself in! Good luck man
THIS is the problem.The mfg Ares said take it to the store. Jamie said that and he works with Cody. The store said call Ares. This is the sorry service Im talking about. Come on Ares staff chime in here. Tell these guys how these conversations went! I had no less than 7 calls to Ares and 5 trips (30 MILES) to the store.
Jan 25, 2013, 08:57 PM
Well that just plain stinks then
Jan 25, 2013, 10:33 PM
Matt you offered a wing you refused you were offered a call tag from FedEx you refused you were offered a call tag from the us postal service that didn't make you happy
Jan 25, 2013, 10:38 PM
txflyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerfreak
Matt you offered a wing you refused you were offered a call tag from FedEx you refused you were offered a call tag from the us postal service that didn't make you happy
You sir are a liar. I was never offered a wing. Thats all I ever asked for. I didnt want a esc OR a new plane. A wing. Thats all I asked you for. No I did not accept a call tag for the plane to be shipped by fed ex. Theres no fed ex near me. I was NOT offered a UPSP return label. Your facts are wrong. Dead wrong. Who is this?
Jan 25, 2013, 11:29 PM
oh no. We better keep things nice here. I do know who HuskerFreak is and he is a good guy. Send him a PM and hopefully you guys can get this thing figured out. I have talked to him in person many times. Though, he might not know who I am... I hope it all gets worked out honestly!
Jan 25, 2013, 11:39 PM
txflyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty_horn
oh no. We better keep things nice here. I do know who HuskerFreak is and he is a good guy. Send him a PM and hopefully you guys can get this thing figured out. I have talked to him in person many times. Though, he might not know who I am... I hope it all gets worked out honestly!
I agree I did send him a PM earlier today. But as expected he did not reply. My opinion is not getting any better. This company is very low on my list right now and I will take every chance I get to make it known. There are too many hobby shops in DFW area to deal with this. The way I see it Im out a couple hundred bucks. And they will be out thousands. I wont go away. I will leave it be on this forum, if need be. But I will make sure everyone I know avoids this store until this is made right.
I work very hard for my money. And I spend ALOT of it on planes. I did like Hobby Town. Until this is resolved in a suitable way for both parties. It wont be over.
Jan 25, 2013, 11:57 PM
Chef Pilot: Planes vs Butter
Jan 26, 2013, 12:14 AM
So on a less whiny crybaby note I'm loving my Gamma. Managed to crash it somehow ejecting the battery door just to pick it up and continue flying for another pack and a half.

Quick Reply