to remove ads between posts
Jan 17, 2013, 01:01 AM
I love the mods FlyGuy. What size motor is in it? How many KV?
Jan 17, 2013, 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwp2
I love the mods FlyGuy. What size motor is in it? How many KV?
I haven't flown this particular motor on this plane yet but this is what I am going to try. Tried one other motor before it but a little underpowered. Stock motor got scrapped long ago after about 2.
http://www.hobbypartz.com/60p-dy-103...resccombo.html
Jan 17, 2013, 07:28 AM
Thats a good price for that combo! That motor should work really well in the Cessna. I still have the stocker in mine. Keep us posted on the re maiden.
Jan 17, 2013, 12:04 PM
The stock motor wasn't bad when it worked. The first one burned its copper wires out on the stock setup!? the second one got bent to bad from a nose dive that was NOT entirely my fault.I got way too many brownouts from the stock Tactic radio.
Last edited by FlyGuy3345; Jan 17, 2013 at 12:20 PM.
Jan 17, 2013, 12:29 PM
Those prop shafts on the stock motor are known for being way too soft. The stock motor is good powersise though. Right now I have a stock motor, eflite 30 amp esc and a spektrum 6200 rx. As long as I turn off the transmitter between battery packs, I rarely get brownouts.
Jan 21, 2013, 08:27 AM
I was looking for sumthin in my box of spares and realized that I've got almost enough parts to build yet another 182. Hmm....having another sheet of blank canvas to give it a custom finish.

What I will need is a prop/spinner and a front gear.
Apr 03, 2013, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyGuy3345
I haven't flown this particular motor on this plane yet but this is what I am going to try. Tried one other motor before it but a little underpowered. Stock motor got scrapped long ago after about 2.
http://www.hobbypartz.com/60p-dy-103...resccombo.html
I am loving this motor. It flies so well. I have more than enough power to get out of hairy situations which I have had to practice now on several occasions
For anyone looking for a good cheap replacement motor this is the way to go. Throw a GWS 9x7.5 HD prop on her and she screams....Literally. When I run the plane up static it howls from the opening in the front of the cowl like a whistle LOL
Thankfully it doesn't do this when flying. I think it has enough power to fly off of water also with this motor, so bring on the floats.

It would be a good idea to dremel the threads off the shaft leaving just the smooth part and getting an aftermarket collet like I did. I am using Great Planes collets, they have the right size for the motor shaft and they come with an aluminum cone so they look halfway decent on the nose. I had abandoned the Flyzone nose cone assembly loooooooong ago.
Apr 28, 2013, 02:02 PM
This is what happens when you look down at your timer for too long
Well on too the task of the salvage. Looks like I will be getting that Flyzone Beaver after all. I hope my mods helped some out there with this plane.
Apr 28, 2013, 02:10 PM
It makes me sick to see that! I truly feel for you bro. But as you say, on to the Beaver build. Do you think you"ll get another ss182 someday?
Apr 28, 2013, 03:25 PM
Maybe. I got my moneys worth tho from all the things I learned on this bird, from flying to modding. It sux tho i spent a lot of time doing the tail drager mod.
Apr 28, 2013, 03:28 PM
Yeah you did! Its easy to see all the work you put into her. But Theres always another plane to build, mod and enjoy.
Apr 30, 2013, 09:38 AM
Flying the Spyder
I've one of these up for sale. Give me a good price and she's yours. Park 480 bl upgrade, three blade prop, nose gear removed, 5 amp bec, 40a speed controller. She needs a little work. Email or txt for pics fiv 1 eite 7 too 9 09 for ate.
Apr 30, 2013, 11:02 PM
I think I am going let this on lay and start a new project plane. The Cessna was fun but a cess is a cess. I want something a little more fancy now. Looking at the Flyzone Beaver as a better replacement.
Apr 30, 2013, 11:19 PM
The Flyzone Beaver looks like a really sweet plane. I think it even comes with floats.

Quick Reply