Jan 16, 2013, 12:09 AM
Gone Flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon
Mine look like it was under pressure. The pins on the 9xr is too long.

I opened up the FlySky module and cut 4 of the plastic stand offs by 3mm or so. Then the module sits good.

I bound and fly my v949, Syma X1 without any problem.
i read a suggestion somewhere (sorry cannot remember what forum) to trim the posts on the 9xr. I contemplated this as I was told the posts on the 9xr are longer than on the 9x. My concern is that they were made that length for a reason and might cause problems with other modules. Any thoughts from the league of the knowledgeable and brave? I don't mind modding but I like to go in with more knowledge than i currently have on this subject.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 16, 2013, 12:10 AM
OK, a couple dabs of hot glue fixed it.....temporarily anyway. I went ahead and put a dab on the other pots just in case they decide to work loose.

Im considering putting a coat of rubberized "soft feel" clear on the black portion of the case. It will add some grip, and make it look much better. Im sure you guys have seen this coating. A lot of cell phone cases come with it. It would be tits on the 9XR case.
Jan 16, 2013, 12:23 AM
I would not personally trim the pins as you say other module may not fit--its a easy fix for the Flysky module and alike though--just remove the back of the module and pull the board up then insert the module in to the radio then carefully insert the board and push it till its firmly seated,now put 4 dobs of glue to secure the board but note were the 4 plastic pins seat --trim the 4 pins on the back plate to accommodate the boards new position and you have a perfect fitting module.
Jan 16, 2013, 01:15 AM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider

Open9X reflash

I've just reflashed my 9XR to Open9X and as I never had a 9X just wanted to share my notes.

1) I installed the HK usbasp prorammer and driver, a bit fiddly as am on Windows XP which is not as graceful for driver installs as newer versions of windows. But by following the manual I got it installed after 10 minutes or so. I downloaded the driver recommended by the manual

2) Companion9X install. My AVG detected a trojan so had to quarantine that before continuing with the install but again eventually got it going in another 10 min or so. I used Kjell's great video at:

Turnigy 9XR - How to load new software (13 min 47 sec)

to help me with Companion9X install and configuring. See Pic for my setup. I havent yet investigated the splash files so set it at nosplash at moment. Im only on Orange DSM2 so hope I got default channel sequence right at TAER !

3) Flashing to 9XR. My cable from the programmer was a very loose fit into the 9XR. This is a worry as you would not want the cable coming loose in the middle of flashing! Anyway I made sure I didnt touch cable or tx whilst flashing and it went OK. Only took a few minutes.

4) So now I have Open9X installed and to learn. I wanted to do this as I will buy a Frsky TX when available and their OpenX9D is based on Open9X.

One thing I note so far is battery level on er9X before flashing was11.8 and now battery level on Open9X is 11.1. Not sure why the discrepancy but I will charge the battery soon.
Jan 16, 2013, 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJ800

One thing I note so far is battery level on er9X before flashing was11.8 and now battery level on Open9X is 11.1. Not sure why the discrepancy but I will charge the battery soon.
There is no virus, its a false positive. VERY VERY common!!!!

Also, you need to calibrate the battery measurement for it to display properly.
Jan 16, 2013, 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKUSA
There is no virus, its a false positive. VERY VERY common!!!!
Virus???? Where did this come from?
Jan 16, 2013, 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryCnAZ
Virus???? Where did this come from?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJ800
2) Companion9X install. My AVG detected a trojan so had to quarantine that before continuing with the install but again eventually got it going in another 10 min or so. I used Kjell's great video at:
.This
Jan 16, 2013, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var.
.This
Ah, okay, sorry I missed that. I guess reading things isn't my strong point. I just saw virus and was wondering. Thanks Var and my apologies to KKUSA.
Jan 16, 2013, 02:07 AM
Does anyone have instructions to install FrSky DHT 8ch DIY Telemetry to 9XR?
Jan 16, 2013, 02:41 AM
Well the battery is released... Only a month too late!

Maybe the module is next...

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...tter_Pack.html
Jan 16, 2013, 02:45 AM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
Im happy with my current oldish 20C 2200 im using. Will wait till module is released before spending more on the 9XR
Jan 16, 2013, 03:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by juraj.jurej
Does anyone have instructions to install FrSky DHT 8ch DIY Telemetry to 9XR?
No, Just follow one of the guides for the 9X, it is the same as far as installing the DHT goes. You will have to put it in the module bay as there is no room for it elsewhere.
Jan 16, 2013, 03:31 AM
cool

i ordered now this battery and this USB Flash Adapter..
Jan 16, 2013, 03:45 AM
throw new IOPilotException();
Curious to know what is that charge/discharge protection.
That looks like a normal LiPo, just with lower C rating like the ones I use in my radios.
Jan 16, 2013, 04:17 AM
i think you can use every 3S lipo for the 9XR where have place into it

i use at the moment an NanoTech 3S 1200Ah... is a bit to small but for testing it works

Quick Reply