Jan 07, 2013, 07:03 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Very nice work there Dunc... The whole package looks very impressive...

Hey there Zander... I was wondering if you found any spare Suzuki fairings mate..?
I've been checkin on UK eBay... US ebay... And just never seem to find anything...
Thanks... Luke...
to remove ads between posts
Jan 08, 2013, 02:15 AM
Lukey,

Mate I do have some bodywork I can sell - let me get some pics organised via PM and you can make me an offer.........
Jan 09, 2013, 04:06 AM
Lukey,

Sent you a PM but have to post pics here, sorry.

Full bodywork set minus screen, seat base pad and rear pad, but also includes side exhaust expansion chambers....

All solid, 100% sound, no cracks or repairs, but 100% sh*t paintjob!! (not done by me I might add!!) - easily fixed though eh?

If you are interested, PM me an offer. As you know, impossible to find this stuff now.....
Jan 09, 2013, 07:52 PM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Thanks mate... Get back to you very soon...
Jan 10, 2013, 08:53 PM

YZR500 Marlboro Decals

Spotted this on ebay yesterday, so had to grab a set, like gold hen's teeth these days:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261153472413...84.m1497.l2649
Jan 10, 2013, 09:17 PM
i still have the original stickers for my HOR that im NOT going to use. Let me know if anyone wants to buy them there for the Blue one. Mick Doohan or Wayne Gardner bike i thinks.
Jan 12, 2013, 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukey B
Thanks mate... Get back to you very soon...
Thanks Luke, deal agreed, will get items packed and advise postage costs asap.
Thanks,

Alex
Jan 13, 2013, 12:30 PM
Hi All

I have successfully converted my Mk1 Suzuki to run on modern electrics. I have completely replaced the kit with a Futaba 2.4ghz mini receiver, Hobbywing 18A esc/motor combo and a tiny Hobbyking metal geared servo.I got some ZH tyres from 2Wheels and I have to say it all works like a charm. Battery is a nanotech 2S 1500mah 20c Lipo which is working great but is a bit tight size wise.

Apologies for the 90's paint job. It was my racing colours back in the day and my helmet and leathers

I am actually still running the stock plastic gears and sprockets although I do have one of the original metal Kyosho pinions (smallest one) from when I was using it originally. My plan is to see how long they last before replacing them

The new ZH tyres are incredible, even on a damp road, if you get on the power the bike just straightens up and takes off and the lean is much better than with the kyosho tyres. I will prob take the learner bars off now and see how good a lean I can get.

By the way I am used to supergluing my tyres on my race buggy, I have not glued the ZH's on yet but do people do that? It just that buggy wheels are kind of semi disposable but these wheels are not so much!
Jan 13, 2013, 03:58 PM
Nice one cutting 42!! most people running these bikes tend to shy away from running modern electrics in the Mk 1's.
Have you had many crashes since this upgrade? The plastics can be fragile and not too resilient in a stack?
Always great to see another Mk1 and I note the oil filled front forks and your exhaust modification to replicate the more modern twin stacked cans on one side!!
If I may, I also note that your bodywork is a mixture of Suzi Tank & seat and YZR500 fairing and bellypan - looks good though!!
Jan 13, 2013, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zander749
Nice one cutting 42!! most people running these bikes tend to shy away from running modern electrics in the Mk 1's.
Have you had many crashes since this upgrade? The plastics can be fragile and not too resilient in a stack?
Always great to see another Mk1 and I note the oil filled front forks and your exhaust modification to replicate the more modern twin stacked cans on one side!!
If I may, I also note that your bodywork is a mixture of Suzi Tank & seat and YZR500 fairing and bellypan - looks good though!!
Thanks. I have not had a major stack at high speeds yet but have had a couple of biggish thumps and all is good so far. The rider lost an arm but he is more glue than plastic these days so just stuck back together again!

Glad you noticed the exhaust mod, I was proud of that back in the day! Now the other issue is that I had no idea about the fairing mismatch as I bought the bike new. Now the only thing I can think of is that there were 4 of us who bought bikes and there were a couple of Hondas and a Yamaha as well as my Suzuki. We did smash them up pretty good and raced them hard. It is possible I destroyed the original fairing and borrowed/bought the Yamaha fairing from my mate but I had/have completely forgotten about it. Just glad I did not try and sell it as a complete Suzi

The fork shocks still work OK but the expansion tubes are perished and need replacing. While I am at it the springs are soft and the damping needs a thicker oil. I have the original Kyosho rear shock as well and that also is poorly damped and needs refurbishing.

My son also loved driving it so I might need to get another one and get some racing going again!
Jan 13, 2013, 08:50 PM
I have the Mk1 oil front forks on 2 of my Mk1 bikes. The oil lines are in good original shape on one, the other less so but still serviceable.
I have not found anything that can be used as a replacement anywhere.
You should be able to get replacement springs - probably not original kyosho replacements but there will be other kit springs that should fit I would think.
With regard to the fairing mismatch - dont worry about it, I think it looks cool!!
Jan 22, 2013, 12:56 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Hey Cutting... Bike looks cool...

If you're havin troubles with the batteries you could also try some 800mA 2s Lipo's...
You can get them for about $5:00 from Hobby King, and provide plenty of juice for the bike... And give ya bag loads of room in the belly pan...
Jan 24, 2013, 04:37 AM

Very clean Mk1 YZR500

Arrived today - bought from eBay from a guy in the States. Incredibly clean Mk 1 YZR500 with very little damage apart from couple of minor scrapes to lower front edges of bellypan and aged yellowing of white plastics.

I love it - will be running it this w/e to try out before slotting a bigger motor in......
Feb 01, 2013, 04:45 PM
Journeyman Kit-Basher
---
Last edited by wannabe; Feb 03, 2013 at 03:43 PM. Reason: I am an idiot.
Feb 03, 2013, 03:46 PM
Journeyman Kit-Basher
Found that even though I have an aluminum swingarm, my rear axle moved in the slot on one side and made it only steer to the right. However, the bike still does not steer as well as it should.

I have lengthened the forks, and have the knob on the outer hole of the servo horn. This bike just does not like to turn. Any ideas?

Quick Reply