Jan 04, 2013, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculptor
Gord, I just reread what I've written thanks to your quote. And how screwed up is that! Trying to say something as simple as "model Sponsens on to the fuselage of the sky server, pull a scab mold off them, clean out the clay and drill three holes in it, put them back on the fuselage and fill them up.

I'm trying to get used to using 'Dragon Naturally Speaking' voice recognition software and it's very intuitive of you to ask that question. Never publish anything using this kind of software after your second glass of wine. That's a note to self too. I can wind up with the weirdest chit printed on the screen, all perfectly spelled and completely incomprehensible so you catch it when you read your paragraph you go in highlight it delet it then say it right and forget the move your cursor back down to the bottom of the paragraph so your next statement winds up in the middle of the paragraph having nothing to do with what's just been said. And if you don't catch this stuff it sounds like you completely lost your mind.

I got spell check what I need is 'smell check'

DJ
PS: now before I hit submit reply I'm gonna go get another glass of wine and reread what I typed very carefully.
I tried Dragon and at least one other program like it a long time back and kind of recognized the pattern of errors. I would'a thunk they would have gotten it working better by now.

BTW, have you looked at the Icon A-5? It has a pretty fancy hull that works extremely well. It might be more that you want to get into though. It is very, very stable on the water, but I suppose you could easily double your plane's weight if you tried to do something like that.

Gord
to remove ads between posts
Jan 05, 2013, 05:49 PM
Quote:
My flight simulator could use some of that, is there any possibility.......

DJ
Sure. If you can get Gene to make a trip up to Ted to stock up for the winter he can pass by your place and drop off a jar or two.

If you need a fancy computer you can have mine. I found out my simulator flights were all in my head anyway.
Jan 05, 2013, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by G550Ted
ps - I'm into punched cards for Fortran 4 myself.
One of the best things invented (In Italy for programming looms for weaving). Now try writing a grocery list on a floppy disk with a pencil.

Like to ship some more punched cards (less holes) out this way? I could possibly glue them to the mangled Bixler fuselage that is rapidly heading towards the rubbish bin. Hadn't thought of that before as a fix (due to not having any).
Jan 06, 2013, 01:51 AM
Straighten up and fly right!

Install FPV gear first?

Hello I have a ARF Bixler 1400mm that I intend on using for FPV purposes. I am unsure of component placement right now so I'm at a stand still. I was wondering if it would make sense to build the Bixler without the FPV gear and install later? Would it be hard?
Jan 07, 2013, 02:14 AM
Argue for your limitations
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navet97
Hello I have a ARF Bixler 1400mm that I intend on using for FPV purposes. I am unsure of component placement right now so I'm at a stand still. I was wondering if it would make sense to build the Bixler without the FPV gear and install later? Would it be hard?
That would be the wisest path to take.
AJ
Jan 07, 2013, 07:34 AM
Why so serious?
Quote:
My flight simulator could use some of that, is there any possibility.......

DJ
I went over to your Seahawk park yesterday to check it all out. Real nice place and quite a bit of flying going on. May look into that club.
Jan 07, 2013, 12:55 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE
I went over to your Seahawk park yesterday to check it all out. Real nice place and quite a bit of flying going on. May look into that club.
There are a bunch of nice people who fly thier planes there Gene. There is the morning group, those people are sitting around before daylight drinking coffee waiting for the sun to come up. I don't fly with those guys. Then there is the afternoon group that starts about 11 o'clock and they will fly till sundown those are the guys I fly with. On Saturday morning but glider guys have the field until 11:00.

The club allows 4 planes in the sky at one time but I seldom have to wait to fly. Their website ishttp://rchawks.com. The lake there is for flying seaplanes and RC boats we even have a rescue boat.

I hope you join us Gene.

DJ
Jan 07, 2013, 06:09 PM
Why so serious?
Quote:
There are a bunch of nice people who fly thier planes there Gene. There is the morning group, those people are sitting around before daylight drinking coffee waiting for the sun to come up. I don't fly with those guys. Then there is the afternoon group that starts about 11 o'clock and they will fly till sundown those are the guys I fly with. On Saturday morning but glider guys have the field until 11:00.

The club allows 4 planes in the sky at one time but I seldom have to wait to fly. Their website ishttp://rchawks.com. The lake there is for flying seaplanes and RC boats we even have a rescue boat.

I hope you join us Gene.

DJ
What time does the beer flyers get there?
Jan 07, 2013, 07:16 PM
Quote:
What time does the beer flyers get there?
Must be something wrong with my internet. No matter how I tried to get to the http://rchawks.com website I kept getting redirected to somewhere else.

Gene send pictures if you get out there to fly or just drink beer.
Jan 07, 2013, 07:45 PM
Why so serious?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202
Must be something wrong with my internet. No matter how I tried to get to the http://rchawks.com website I kept getting redirected to somewhere else.

Gene send pictures if you get out there to fly or just drink beer.
It's http://www.rseahawks.org/
Jan 07, 2013, 07:49 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
Quote:
OOPS! Thanks for fixing that.

DJ
Jan 07, 2013, 08:57 PM
Quote:
org ... com ???? Whatever happened to just k.i.s.s.
Jan 07, 2013, 09:40 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202
org ... com ???? Whatever happened to just k.i.s.s.
I must say glider guys on Saturday morning seemed to be apart from all of us. Except for three of them all of the are 85 and older. They took their planes up to a machine that has a long string on it and a foot pedal. They step on the pedal and the plane shoots straight up into the air and then they tip the nose over and release it. And then they go off and find thermals and they find them!

I was watching them one morning and one of them said "do you see that?" And someone said "yeah I see it Charlie I'm headed that way".

They had spotted a hole in a cloud where the edges of the hole were being sucked in. I asked my friend Jay "what are they talking about?", He said a thermal blew a hole in that cloud and they can see and they're going after it.

DJ
PS: I think we have a great flight club.com
Jan 07, 2013, 09:54 PM
Breaker of Things
That thermal searching sounds kind of cool actually. Would the Bixler loaded up have enough glide capabilities to do that? I have a Radian as well that I have had out for about 3 flights but alas no cool thermals like that...

Paul
Jan 07, 2013, 10:15 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppridday
That thermal searching sounds kind of cool actually. Would the Bixler loaded up have enough glide capabilities to do that? I have a Radian as well that I have had out for about 3 flights but alas no cool thermals like that...

Paul
These people live in another world when it comes to flying. They seem to know everything that's happening in the atmosphere. They've studied it and they've used airplanes to feel it.

As to your question, will a sky server work as a glider the answer is it was always a glider to start with. Yes!

To start with a gliding experience, take your plane up 300 feet, roll it over and shut the power off, never to turn it on again until your plane settles in the grass.

No one trims and airplane better than a glider pilot.

DJ

Quick Reply