Jan 04, 2013, 09:06 PM
inverted-i-fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebwake
Had you ran that esc before? Was it an ICE
brand new ice 100 bought directly from castle
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97
Well, if that's a motrolfly 4330, you could have over amped the esc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow102
mmmm another great castle cremations story looks like minimal damage at least, hopefully the motor and or battery are still ok as well
motor, battery and bec are fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer
Amazing! Can't believe this has not been resolved yet. Where did this ESC come from, just recent purchase? From where?
Did you have the latest Firmware running in it?
directly from castle last month, yes
to remove ads between posts
Jan 04, 2013, 09:10 PM
On 8 s or 6? I ask because I just set up my velox that same way with 8s. My ice 100 has been used for about a year in my slick.
Jan 04, 2013, 09:37 PM
Time to Fly AJ's Best!
No wonder they had that Fire Sale!
Jan 04, 2013, 09:54 PM
Time to Fly AJ's Best!
I said this last year and only doing it now because I forgot to Renew my own! Finally did it tonight.

Don't forget to Renew your AMA so you can go to any Events and FLY!

AND even if you don't do that, you need the Insurance that goes with it if your parking lot flying like me, or out in Parks, Ballfields, wherever there is Potential Liability...
Jan 04, 2013, 09:57 PM
No, I won't ship it. Don't ask
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer
I said this last year and only doing it now because I forgot to Renew my own! Finally did it tonight.

Don't forget to Renew your AMA so you can go to any Events and FLY!

AND even if you don't do that, you need the Insurance that goes with it if your parking lot flying like me, or out in Parks, Ballfields, wherever there is Potential Liability...
Got my card a couple weeks ago.
Jan 04, 2013, 10:08 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!

Oficially a "Free" Plane!!!!!!

So.... I g oout to fly today on what was an absolutely gorgeous day, and took my Buck Huck 1.5, my 55" Edge, which I hadn't flown for a long time, and my brand new, never flown "Byper" Flew the first two just to get warmed up, and said, OK...time for the Byper. Range checked it, checked all controls moving the same proper direction, and took it out to fly. Took off, but didn't realize I my elevator was on high rate, and it was way too pitch sensitive. And....while I would have sworn on a stack of bibles that I had done the control set-up, evidently, I had, as, not only was it way too pitch sensitive, the ailerons were beyond touchy!!! I was trying to get the plane down, but it I just couldn't get it lined up with the runway, and it actually went over my head twice. I got it turned around and headed downwind, but I just couldn't control it, and the last I saw, it was headed down about 1/4-3/8 mile away into some Cherry orchards past the big trees at the end of our field. As I new I wasn't going to be able to fly it back, I chopped the throttle and pulled up full up elevator.

My buddy and I got in my Chevy HHR, and after asking the people that run the orchard if we could go look, we went up and down the rows. Now, we have had a lot of rain lately, and I was basically "4-wheeling" it. But.....low and behold my buddy yells Stop!!! back up!!.....and I did...and there it was about four rows over... Of course, I figured the worse....My Buddy jumps out and heads towards the plane, and says...Oh My God...It doesn't have a scratch on it!!!! There was a little smear of mud on the left wing tips, one little bit on the upper right, and a little on the spinner...other than that, it is perfect!!!!! The picture of it sitting in the orchard is exactly where it was when he found it, and we got to it!!! The trees in the rows are only about 15 feet apart, so I have no idea how it came down without hitting a branch....

So...it's definitely a free plane!!!!

SteveT
Last edited by SteveT.; Jan 04, 2013 at 10:14 PM.
Jan 04, 2013, 10:17 PM
If you're giving it away, I'll PM you my address.

Glad you made it out unscathed!
Jan 04, 2013, 10:24 PM
Aerobatic Fanatic
How well would a 103" fit in this trailer with the rudder still on?!?!?!

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/fod/3498029650.html
Jan 04, 2013, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugocraft
How well would a 103" fit in this trailer with the rudder still on?!?!?!

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/fod/3498029650.html
I'd say Dwight would be able to tell you
Jan 04, 2013, 10:26 PM
Old Dog learning new tricks~~
Wow you are extremely lucky on that one
Jan 04, 2013, 10:37 PM
That's my opinion also!!!

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My old shop....
Jan 04, 2013, 10:37 PM
Free Beer
i cant get RF to go online anymore. any help?
Jan 04, 2013, 10:45 PM
Slopes!!!!!
Guys... Is it bad that I found a spider web in the cowl of my Edge? LOL!

Dan
Jan 04, 2013, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO
Guys... Is it bad that I found a spider web in the cowl of my Edge? LOL!

Dan
Don't worry Spiders don't eat much!!!

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My old shop....
Jan 04, 2013, 10:50 PM
Slopes!!!!!
Haha... It just shows how long it's been sitting there...

Dan

Quick Reply