This thread is privately moderated by hobbykinglive, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 16, 2012, 04:54 PM
Reap the wild wind
The Kinetic is back on HK's global site for $67.90. https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ider_PNF_.html
"LIMITED TIME ONLY - WHILE STOCKS LAST"
Better grab one while you can. I can see why MPX were so Pi**ed off with HK as they even copied MPX's excellent horn design.
Andy
to remove ads between posts
Nov 16, 2012, 07:42 PM
MRN
MRN
The Kinetic 800 appears to have come from the Multiplex factory. It appears to be identical to the Merlin.
It's possible that Multiplex sells some of their less popular planes to Hobby King.
Read the thread. The Kinetic and the Merlin both have a sudden stall characteristic that leads to a short life.
Mike
Nov 25, 2012, 10:05 PM
Registered Crasher
Parts are NOT interchangeable with the Multiplex Merlin. It's not from the same factory, it's a copy.
Dec 26, 2012, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiviglider
I think I found the manual for ESC. It was not the first hit on Google but I had nothing better to do this evening. It's in here

I followed beeps in programming table and they made sense. I turned brake on and off a few times and then set motor start to very soft. I feel it will lessen wear to propeller joints.
Just built my kinetic 800-been wiaitng to be built for over a year now- after binding ( with a spektrum dx6i)- on turning it on the throttle is turning the prop at a low rate but nevertheless still turning with the throttle stick on the dx6i at a minimum- ive tried to put the ESC into programming mode- but dont seem to be able to- can you only program the ESC ( by putting the throttle stick to max, turning on the TX and then plugging the lipo to the ESC , RX, motor combo) [I]after[I] binding or before binding? Any other ways to set the max and minimum (zero) throttle levels? ( as a workaround I've trimmed down the throttle till the prop stops turning with the stick in the lowest position though of course not ideal as the max throttle of course is reduced as a result)- thank you for any feedback
Dec 26, 2012, 01:40 PM
Registered Crasher
Trim the throttle channel all the way down.
Dec 26, 2012, 01:42 PM
Registered Crasher
The ESC should auto calibrate for range. Getting that last bit of full throttle isn't very important, anyways.

ESC programming will need to be done after binding.
Dec 27, 2012, 02:56 AM
NaN
TheSelf,

On a lot of ESCs you set the throttle range to match your transmitter by moving the stick to full throttle before you switch on the plane / plug the battery in, wait for the first beep and then immediately close the throttle (move the stick all the way down).

I don't have a Kinetic 800 so I don't know if that works with the ESC you have.
Jan 02, 2013, 11:09 AM
Embargo lifted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2No
TheSelf,

On a lot of ESCs you set the throttle range to match your transmitter by moving the stick to full throttle before you switch on the plane / plug the battery in, wait for the first beep and then immediately close the throttle (move the stick all the way down).

I don't have a Kinetic 800 so I don't know if that works with the ESC you have.
I seem to recall this is the case, there was something about trimming the throttle all the way down prior to doing this other wise the esc disarmed thinking the throttle was on inadvertantly. Maybe the Swift maybe this not sure. worth a try but hold on to it tightly incase it goes full throttle.
Jan 02, 2013, 10:06 PM
thanks guys for your feedback- still haven't managed to program the ESC - in the end I just gently trimmed down the throttle till it stopped turning with teh TX stick at the minimum-fortunately it didn't seem to affect the top/max allowed rpm of the motor- flies beautifully, especially on 3S! think I'll add spoilerons as it does come it quite 'hot' and would like to try flying from my back yard with limited landing space - so being able to slow it down will hopefully help..
Jan 04, 2013, 01:14 PM
Embargo lifted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSelf
thanks guys for your feedback- still haven't managed to program the ESC - in the end I just gently trimmed down the throttle till it stopped turning with teh TX stick at the minimum-fortunately it didn't seem to affect the top/max allowed rpm of the motor- flies beautifully, especially on 3S! think I'll add spoilerons as it does come it quite 'hot' and would like to try flying from my back yard with limited landing space - so being able to slow it down will hopefully help..
Yea 3s s the way to go or maybe 4s It's a great flyer can go slow or fast and handles very well. I don't think I ever flew it on 2s might be a good slower flyer on 2s not sure about the COG.
Jan 04, 2013, 03:09 PM
Registered Crasher
Good luck finding a motor that fits in this plane that can deal with 4s voltage. Even if possible, the cooling is pretty bad in there, so even 3s can be marginal at times.

In my experience the lighter weight of running 2s on this plane really helps the flying characteristics. I didn't notice all that much difference in the power, just a big increase in heat after finishing the flights... but that was a long time ago.
Mar 08, 2013, 03:16 PM

Missing Hatch

If anyone is throwing out their Kinetic 800. Could you please send me the battery hatch door? I love my little Kinetic but lost the hatch door awhile back and have had to tape over the battery to keep it in the plane. I'd appreciate any help and would gladly pay for shipping/postage.

Thanks.
Mar 08, 2013, 04:20 PM
Registered Crasher
Let me see if I have a spare door at home. I think I saved it from a nasty wreck, but I'm not sure what condition it's in. I'll check and let you know. Where are you located?
Mar 08, 2013, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor996
Let me see if I have a spare door at home. I think I saved it from a nasty wreck, but I'm not sure what condition it's in. I'll check and let you know. Where are you located?

I'm in Boston. Thanks for looking!
Mar 08, 2013, 07:56 PM
Registered Crasher
I looked all over the place and couldn't find it.

I remembered the battery bay (what the hatch clicks in to) didn't survive the crash, but I was hoping the hatch did. I guess it didn't, and got chucked.

Quick Reply