Dec 30, 2012, 02:56 PM
Bring It On !!!!!
Yep, I find that a couple of slow passes with a little bit of aerobatics finished with a full on vertical climb is really exciting and hearing the comments from the pit lane and visitors is a real buzz.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 30, 2012, 11:18 PM
rrg
rrg
Just flew my maiden on my brand new Q Stryker today ! Wow i'm sold on this thing. I flew two packs and didn't even feel 25 degrees temp outside.I really do have to tone down the throws on this thing. I also noticed that at about three quarter throttle on up this prop just seems to chew air. Must be what all the prop talk is about here lately......
Dec 31, 2012, 03:51 PM
so I had to modify my paint job slightly. while the yellow shows up brilliently at any distance the all black bottom would actually disappear against a clear blue sky when the plane got out far enough. I solved that problem with the paint scheme below. Now I can fly this plane stright up until it is a tiny little dot and still see her. I believe I will add one more strip down the middle on the bottom if I ever get around to painting a new fuselage.
Dec 31, 2012, 06:11 PM
quick flight from today

12 31 2012 F 27Q F1 (4 min 2 sec)
Dec 31, 2012, 08:57 PM
hover, glide, fly
Hey guys, thinking about buying this plane as a windy conditions ship, will it handle it alright, another thing how slow can it fly, i dont have unlimited space and for the first few flights i dont want it to be screeming around at over 60km/h, thanks in advance
vortex
Dec 31, 2012, 09:23 PM
Vortex, I'm afraid you should wait until you have more space. This plane will fly very slow. Depending on your skill, as slow as you want. BUT, this plane needs power to launch and power means speed, this plane accelerates very quickly and uses up a lot of space in a hurry. It's not designed as a flyer for restricted space.

When you say you don't have unlimited space, depends on what you mean. Our prime flying area is about 600 feet long, the field, and about 100 feet wide. I can fly the plane within those boundaries fairly easy, but usually use about twice that space with vertical as high as you want.
Last edited by splais; Dec 31, 2012 at 09:40 PM.
Dec 31, 2012, 10:55 PM
hover, glide, fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by splais
Vortex, I'm afraid you should wait until you have more space. This plane will fly very slow. Depending on your skill, as slow as you want. BUT, this plane needs power to launch and power means speed, this plane accelerates very quickly and uses up a lot of space in a hurry. It's not designed as a flyer for restricted space.

When you say you don't have unlimited space, depends on what you mean. Our prime flying area is about 600 feet long, the field, and about 100 feet wide. I can fly the plane within those boundaries fairly easy, but usually use about twice that space with vertical as high as you want.
thanks for that splais, i just wanted to check that i can cruise around faily slowly for the first few flights, i have two avaqilable fields the closest is about 300m by 125m and the second, 400m by 200m. would that space be suffiecnt?
Dec 31, 2012, 11:04 PM
That's quit a bit of space. You should be fine there are dozens of comments and videos on how to launch the Stryker. Just throttle back after you are sure she is flying. The Stryker will cruise around slowly quit nicely. Just don't accidentally hit the throttle
Dec 31, 2012, 11:07 PM
Gravity impaired
Quote:
Just don't accidentally hit the throttle
I have that trouble all the time!
Dec 31, 2012, 11:10 PM
hover, glide, fly
Quote:
That's quit a bit of space. You should be fine there are dozens of comments and videos on how to launch the Stryker. Just throttle back after you are sure she is flying. The Stryker will cruise around slowly quit nicely. Just don't accidentally hit the throttle
sure thing, thanks for all your help, heading over to the LHS tomorrow and will hopefully be picking one up
Dec 31, 2012, 11:50 PM
352nd FG Association
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrg
Just flew my maiden on my brand new Q Stryker today ! Wow i'm sold on this thing. I flew two packs and didn't even feel 25 degrees temp outside.I really do have to tone down the throws on this thing. I also noticed that at about three quarter throttle on up this prop just seems to chew air. Must be what all the prop talk is about here lately......
Knew you'd like it!! What's better is that it handles wind beautifully. So that means you'll more than likely take it with you every time you go fly.

Quote:
so I had to modify my paint job slightly. while the yellow shows up brilliently at any distance the all black bottom would actually disappear against a clear blue sky when the plane got out far enough. I solved that problem with the paint scheme below. Now I can fly this plane stright up until it is a tiny little dot and still see her. I believe I will add one more strip down the middle on the bottom if I ever get around to painting a new fuselage.
AWESOME!!!!! No chance of losing viz on that thing!!
Jan 01, 2013, 02:53 AM
rrg
rrg
I had it out two times today The edf and the Corsair never made it out of the suv......
Jan 01, 2013, 02:34 PM
rrg
rrg
Hey splais.....I can see why you painted yours now ( nice job by the way) mine got a little down range this morning, and i could not tell wich way was up......
Jan 02, 2013, 01:58 AM
352nd FG Association
I repainted mine a while back. The top is only slightly different than the stock paint scheme, but the bottom is really helpful. I went all black with day-glow orange tape stripes. Let me tell you, that orange tape is a "God send" for orientation! Having trouble finding any more of it though, much less the part number to order it. Here's a pic of what it looks like, and I use it on the top of my Slow Stick because I tend to fly it REALLY high up with the camera, and for chute and glider drops, plus giving my daughter's little dolls rides. That tape alone is why I still have the Slow Stick as opposed to someone in a neighboring state!
Last edited by Moonbeam; Jan 02, 2013 at 02:08 AM.
Jan 02, 2013, 05:40 AM
rrg
rrg
Where did you find the day glow tape? Man i have a boat load of those My Little Pony's....

Quick Reply