Dec 31, 2012, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman
Found two at redstar, the Venom 540 5200kv or the Tenshock 5200kv. Or am I looking for 4800kv of 540 size?
That's the one, the Tenshock 5200kv SC401/6 sensorless. It has a 5mm shaft so you'll want to get pinions to suit, sorry Allan.
The Venom 4800 that I use is a 550 size that came with the VMX.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 31, 2012, 09:00 AM
Member #1
Cool! I'll grab one Wednesday when I go in there but I won't use it for a while, I'll get familiar with the bike a little more before that bad boy goes in!!

And I just use the same tooth amount on the pinions, but with a 5mm hole yeah?
Dec 31, 2012, 12:26 PM
So you guys are installing motors more powerful than the stock one? Isn't the stock motor sufficiently potent?

David
Dec 31, 2012, 12:36 PM
Hi,

I was revising some of the the ESC settings. I went through the Throttle Range setup for maximum and minimum throttle. I followed the ESC Manual steps and could get the two beeps that confirm the ESC detected the maximum throttle but wasn't able to get the two beeps for the minimum throttle. Has anyone experienced the same problem?

I did change the Lipo Cells Number setting to two, and the Cutoff Threshold setting to 3.1V.

Is there a way to know the actual ESC settings programmed in the ESC without having to change the settings at all?

Is there a table of the MM450 ESC factory settings?

Thanks.

David
Last edited by davehour; Dec 31, 2012 at 12:43 PM.
Dec 31, 2012, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehour
Hi,

I was revising some of the the ESC settings. I went through the Throttle Range setup for maximum and minimum throttle. I followed the ESC Manual steps and could get the two beeps that confirm the ESC detected the maximum throttle but wasn't able to get the two beeps for the minimum throttle. Has anyone experienced the same problem?

I did change the Lipo Cells Number setting to two, and the Cutoff Threshold setting to 3.1V.

Is there a way to know the actual ESC settings programmed in the ESC without having to change the settings at all?

Is there a table of the MM450 ESC factory settings?

Thanks.

David
The factory settigs are listed in the manual which you can get one on line at Atomik. I have changed my battery cutoff to 3.1v without problems. Don't know if there is a way to check setting without a programming card.
Had my bike out for a little while yesterday. We had 10 inches of snow three days ago so I had to find a cleared parking lot.
slide 1 (0 min 31 sec)
Dec 31, 2012, 04:24 PM
Dose anyone have a stock 4800kv motor and esc they have upgraded and want to sell? My motor started acting funny and cutting out then just stopped working. It dose not chime or do anything anymore, but the servo work just fine, im not sure f its the motor or esc and I don't want to drop another $130 into the bike.
Dec 31, 2012, 04:41 PM
Anyone want to make me an offer, it has a brand new aritronics high trq servo I just put on, aluminum triple clamps, aluminum chain adjusters, moto tires with one run on them dirt tiers,pined layshaft with steel front sprocket, new unused unopen O-ring kit and front fork washers to rebuild the forks, half a bottle of 30 and 40 wt oil and a full bottle of 30 and 80 wt oil,E-Gyro,5400mah 50c 2s battery ,books, stock parts and whatever els I can fing to go with it.

I also have a thunder power TP-610c AC-DC charger
Dec 31, 2012, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik
Dose anyone have a stock 4800kv motor and esc they have upgraded and want to sell? My motor started acting funny and cutting out then just stopped working. It dose not chime or do anything anymore, but the servo work just fine, im not sure f its the motor or esc and I don't want to drop another $130 into the bike.
Why don't you connect any other brushless motor to it plenty of 1/10 motors available cheap I have an unused motor and esc from my VMX.
Dec 31, 2012, 05:32 PM
I have finally gotten around to joining the wheelie bar club some of you may recognise it as a raptor belt guide it will be having o rings stretched over it as a tyre .
Dec 31, 2012, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehour
So you guys are installing motors more powerful than the stock one? Isn't the stock motor sufficiently potent?

David
David the stock motor is really plenty for the bike especially geared with a 12 or 13 pinion. Some people just like to have silly amounts of power lol.
Dec 31, 2012, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Cool! I'll grab one Wednesday when I go in there but I won't use it for a while, I'll get familiar with the bike a little more before that bad boy goes in!!

And I just use the same tooth amount on the pinions, but with a 5mm hole yeah?
I just use a 13 on that motor Alan. It could probably pull more than that but 13 is even too silly. I had the EPA setting turned down to half on it yesterday with my mate using it and it was nearly as quick as my std bike geared with a 12 still.
Dec 31, 2012, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik
Probably the ESC by the sounds of it Rellik. You don't have much luck do you?
I've had a few ESCs play up but no motors fail yet, even over geared. I did fry a ESC from excessive load. I thought it had done the motor as it was trying to turn it and would even run if I spun the wheel. It wouldn't take off by itself though.
Dec 31, 2012, 11:09 PM
Member #1
Quote:
So i had some time this afternoon in the garage and did a few small mods.

I installed a stronger spring on the front brake actuator, installed a stronger cable from a push-pull airplane system and made a small support block for the cable holder near the servo so it doesnt give like it did stock. Ive decided to use a servo horn with collett rather than the ready made one with the grub screw and ive used the brake set up tip post that chktm wrote up (you're a wealth of knowledge mate!!!)

And, ive done a dodgy solder weld job to the existing chain just to get me through to wednesday when i get some genuine spares, im not sure if it will hold as i havent tried it yet at all but i'll soon find out, i thought ive got nothing to lose considering its busted already. The spare link is from a HobbyKing QRF400 that is sitting in pieces in the garage that i wont ever put back together. P.s, if anyone has one and needs parts, your welcome to have this one here.

Cheers,

Alan.
Woohoo! All the mods I did have paid off and the bike is going great now! The firmer steering damper is great and has made the steering quite touchy but I like that as I'm quite smooth on the wheel anyway from a previous history of racing Rc cars and from flying Heli's. The dodgy chain fix I did has worked a charm and the brakes are working well also.

The bigger pinion is going to rock!!!!!
Dec 31, 2012, 11:25 PM
Quote:
Woohoo! All the mods I did have paid off and the bike is going great now! The firmer steering damper is great and has made the steering quite touchy but I like that as I'm quite smooth on the wheel anyway from a previous history of racing Rc cars and from flying Heli's. The dodgy chain fix I did has worked a charm and the brakes are working well also.

The bigger pinion is going to rock!!!!!
That's great stuff Alan .
Jan 01, 2013, 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm
Probably the ESC by the sounds of it Rellik. You don't have much luck do you?
I've had a few ESCs play up but no motors fail yet, even over geared. I did fry a ESC from excessive load. I thought it had done the motor as it was trying to turn it and would even run if I spun the wheel. It wouldn't take off by itself though.
Yeah no luck at all!! It seems everytime I get it fied I get one run then something els goes Wong. I'm going to sell it and use the money to upgrade my race mountain bike and later down the road get a mm450.

Quick Reply