Dec 25, 2012, 05:56 AM
Hi Kha

I would like to test your code, but I donīt know exactly how can I follow your steps.
I see some codes but I donīt see how I can download it. Itīs copy and paste it in Arduino.
I use to program my multiwii boards with arduino but in this case Iīm lost
Can you give me some light?

Thanks in advance
to remove ads between posts
Dec 25, 2012, 06:26 AM
I've been taking the ZIP package from https://github.com/kh4/openLRSng . Just press the ZIP button to download the source code as one archive.
Dec 25, 2012, 10:18 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboSerg
Any chance someone did a range test with stock antennas @ 100mw ?

It would be interesting to see it actually work installed in a plane with video

Anyone actually flew fpv any great distance yet
Dec 25, 2012, 10:32 AM
The Aurduino 1.0 version had some major code changes that will cause errors when trying to compile. No worries about hardware... just breaks the code. Here is a post I made about it on FPVUK.

Quote:
Just a heads up to those using the OpenLRS and the various codes (including thUndead's mods - which ROCK btw! ) that loading these into the new release of Arduino 1.0 will cause some things to break . Most users are running Arduino 0.22.

In summary, I had to change all the "Wire.send" to "Wire.write" and change "Wire.receive" to "Wire.read". Also, the "Serial.print" function changed so that it prints individual decimal values. This caused the transparent telemetry function to break as it would send out individual decimal values for each character of ASCII. I changed it to "Serial.write" on both ends and it works great.

Cut and Paste of applicable release notes for Aurduino 1.0

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Serial transmission is now asynchronous - that is, calls to
Serial.print(), etc. add data to an outgoing buffer which is transmitted
in the background. Also, the Serial.flush() command has been repurposed
to wait for outgoing data to be transmitted, rather than dropping
received incoming data.

* The behavior of Serial.print() on a byte has been changed to align it
with the other numeric data types. In particular, it will now print
the digits of its argument as separate ASCII digits (e.g. '1', '2', '3')
rather than a single byte. The BYTE keyword has been removed. To send a
single byte of data, use Serial.write() (which is present in Arduino 0022
as well).

* The Wire library has also been modified to use the standard read() and
write() functions instead of send() and receive(). You can also use
print() and println() for outgoing data.
Dec 25, 2012, 01:04 PM
I don't understand this plug and play wording, I received one just to fool around with, had some extra points so I got it for free. I plugged it in and it worked, so by my definition that is plug and play. 1st thing I noticed is the steps in the servos, this thing is not very precise and very slow, I have no idea if upgraded firmware would solve this but so far I am fearful of actually flying with it. Compared to my dragonlink it's resolution seems like crap.
Dec 25, 2012, 01:18 PM
throw new IOPilotException();
squishy654 make sure you're not flying with anyone else nearby using the stock software as well. If not it will become plug & pray.
Dec 25, 2012, 01:54 PM
18t
18t
thanks kalasatu kha and technoweenie for the help, still haven't fully given up but i"m still doing something wrong.
technoweenie, I also started doing the find and replace thing with thundead but realized that I probably didn't know what I was doing. Sounds like I was on the right track though.
Dec 25, 2012, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWind
squishy654 make sure you're not flying with anyone else nearby using the stock software as well. If not it will become plug & pray.
Yeah I understand that, I need to change up the frequencies a bit to feel safer. I usually fly is a pretty busy environment with several other dragonlinks, chainlink and other UHF systems. I am curious how well this system copes with that, lol, if at all...if I get time away from other projects I will test it out on a parkjet or something and pray...lol
Dec 25, 2012, 02:36 PM
kha
kha
openLRSng haxor
The most important part to change is the 4byte id.

Im planning to add an automatic site analysis and frequency selection on my code. (And also will add support to use tx as scanner)
Dec 25, 2012, 03:04 PM
I already have a pile of ttl adapters, I need to see if I have a 3v ...
Dec 25, 2012, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy654
1st thing I noticed is the steps in the servos, this thing is not very precise and very slow, I have no idea if upgraded firmware would solve this but so far I am fearful of actually flying with it. Compared to my dragonlink it's resolution seems like crap.
Yeah, resolution isn't great... I can't flash mine yet, as I've lost the bit of my AVR cable I cut off to flash various non-pinout equipped systems. Thankfully I've got a multirotor nut mate who's back from holidays next week that I can borrow off. There should be an improvement to the resolution with some firmwares.
Dec 26, 2012, 07:12 AM
kha
kha
openLRSng haxor
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobstermash
Yeah, resolution isn't great... I can't flash mine yet, as I've lost the bit of my AVR cable I cut off to flash various non-pinout equipped systems. Thankfully I've got a multirotor nut mate who's back from holidays next week that I can borrow off. There should be an improvement to the resolution with some firmwares.
AVR cable is not needed for flashin, instead a 'normal 3v3 FTDI' i.e. USB to TTL serial adapter is needed.

I personally use CP2102 based ones.
Dec 26, 2012, 04:51 PM
Thanks to Kalasatu, I didnīt see the zip file and also to Kha for your code. Iīve installed it and it works very fine at home. I want to test it at the field.
The only thing that not works ok itīs that iīve installed it in a Flytron 1w tx+ Futaba f9 and there is not output signal. The led module doesnīt work.
If I connect the same module with the JR adaptor into a Turnigy 9x, it works ok.
Also if I connect only the PPM signal, power and ground, works ok in the Futaba f9.
Maybe kha knows what happens.
Thanks again
Dec 26, 2012, 08:18 PM
any updates?
Dec 27, 2012, 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kha
AVR cable is not needed for flashin, instead a 'normal 3v3 FTDI' i.e. USB to TTL serial adapter is needed.

I personally use CP2102 based ones.
I don't have one... They can be programmed with the AVR programmer, can't they? It'll be quicker for me to wait for my buddy to get back than order an FTDI...

Quick Reply