Dec 19, 2012, 08:20 PM
Yes, only with GuRdian connected byes, verified Set Level Trim ok. No on PC stuff. I do not have PC. I use Mac and it appears that Eagle Tree does not support it.

If this is the case, and I must have a PC to make this product work as designed, then they should state this prior to purchase.

Anyone looking to purchase a new and perfectly good Guardian Stabalizer?
to remove ads between posts
Dec 19, 2012, 08:50 PM
Electric baptism 1975
You do not need a computer to access most of the functions. It is nice to select centring stick only in 2D & sub-mode in 3D. I didn't use the computer for either installation for first flight.
Dec 20, 2012, 09:22 PM
Update- it works. Needed to reset trims and zero everything out using PC connection and update the firmwear.
On the bench, it looks like it is working very well. Getting a bit excited to see how it does in the large Cub.

Thank you all for your help. I will let you know how it flys soon.

Merry Christmas.
Dec 20, 2012, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickerG
Update- it works. Needed to reset trims and zero everything out using PC connection and update the firmwear.
On the bench, it looks like it is working very well. Getting a bit excited to see how it does in the large Cub.

Thank you all for your help. I will let you know how it flys soon.

Merry Christmas.
RickerG-

That's great. By the way, netbooks and used laptops are pretty cheap these days. I take a netbook to the flying club to help others setup their Guardians.

That said, my first flights with a Guardian were all done without adjusting anything via the computer.

Bill
Dec 21, 2012, 06:10 AM
can i mount it directly to a receiver?
or will it cause interference
i want to mount one in my stryker F27Q
Dec 21, 2012, 08:59 AM
When you want to reset the trims after the first flight using the G in 2D mode do you have to level the plane before you connect the battery and move the mode switch?
Dec 21, 2012, 02:43 PM
Rick
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinowace
When you want to reset the trims after the first flight using the G in 2D mode do you have to level the plane before you connect the battery and move the mode switch?
No, but you may want to. You have 15 sec to execute the reset after plugging in the battery so if you move or pick up the plane while plugging the battery (some go in the bottom), that's OK as long as you set the plane down level and flip the switch within 15 sec. That doesn't leave much time for fiddling around, however, so you should have the position pre-planned.
Dec 21, 2012, 03:40 PM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin

In stock at Towerhobbies

I just notified that it is in stock at Towerhobbies for US$65.99 :

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&P=IA&I=LXCUCV
Dec 21, 2012, 03:42 PM
Suspended Account
We now have Guardians in stock.
Last edited by flitelab; Jan 10, 2013 at 08:28 AM.
Dec 21, 2012, 04:09 PM
Atlanta Hobby has guardian 2D/3D in stock.

http://www.atlantahobby.com/store/pc...7&idcategory=0
Dec 21, 2012, 04:52 PM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Quote:
Originally Posted by cambradjones
Looks like the problem may be the Hitec telemetry???
Video shows the rx pack going as low as 4.2v on the tx display, but the voltmeter never drops below 4.7v. I guess the telemetry system is receiving inaccurate voltage drops?
It may be that the voltmeter does more averaging of the readings before finding the minimum than the telemetry.
Dec 21, 2012, 05:39 PM
Closed Account

Mac and Guardian

I run several OS, but carry around a small MacBook Air. To handle my Guardian (and FMA PowerLab 8 units), plus a few other things, I installed Parallels along with a cheap Windoz 7 basic OS.

Absolutely no problems updating the Guardian firmware, installing the PC software, or running it. Works great with the FMA PL8s; quite seamless.

Might be cheaper than a netbook or used laptop as there always seem to be specials on Parallels. :-)

Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100
RickerG-

That's great. By the way, netbooks and used laptops are pretty cheap these days. I take a netbook to the flying club to help others setup their Guardians.

That said, my first flights with a Guardian were all done without adjusting anything via the computer.

Bill
Dec 21, 2012, 07:43 PM
Rick
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying-llama
It may be that the voltmeter does more averaging of the readings before finding the minimum than the telemetry.
With Tattletales you can select the period from 100ms down to 10ms.
Dec 22, 2012, 05:34 PM
Update - it works.
I did what the manual said, set level flight, turned giardiasis off, took off, climbe and then turned guardian on. POP! Right to level flight. Rolled inverted and hit the switch again. POP! Right back to level flight. Adjusted the Gaian bit and decided to shoot an approach with guardian on. Wow, now that's cool. Using only throttle to adjust decent rate I pulled off a nice landing, again, again and again.
Lots of fun.

Thanks for your help now time to get creative with it.
Dec 23, 2012, 01:07 AM
An Aussie in Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickerG
Update - it works.
I did what the manual said, set level flight, turned giardiasis off, took off, climbe and then turned guardian on. POP! Right to level flight. Rolled inverted and hit the switch again. POP! Right back to level flight. Adjusted the Gaian bit and decided to shoot an approach with guardian on. Wow, now that's cool. Using only throttle to adjust decent rate I pulled off a nice landing, again, again and again.
Lots of fun.

Thanks for your help now time to get creative with it.
Try setting level flight inverted, making sure the angle of attack is enough for level flight. So when you want to impress the lads at the field, just flip the switch to 2d and fly around inverted...

Quick Reply