Dec 11, 2012, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter
If you never crash, I think it can last that long.
I am always pushing my self to fly better and expect be to crashing for a long time. In 1 month of flying my y911 I have had 3 skid breakages, 1 rotor head breakage and 1 tail motor failure.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 11, 2012, 08:19 PM
Always borking my corter
This will be my first order with tmart.com and probably my last. I used them because they said they ship from a USA warehouse and I need it here before Christmas, but I'm starting to think they are lying about shipping from the US. This happened to me once before with something I bought off ebay that was supposedly shipped from the US. What they do is ship the item via DHL (who DO NOT handle domestic shipments, only international), and use the USPS tracking system to trick people into thinking it's coming from the US.

Here's how the scam works:
First, DHL picks up the package, probably in China, and scans it into their system. The retailer gives you a USPS tracking number (not DHL), and when you track it on the USPS site it says "Arrived Shipping Partner Facility" and indicates that the package is in New Jersey. The tracking is not updated for several days, sometimes weeks, because it's not actually sitting in New Jersey, but on it's way to New Jersey via China or whatever other country they're shipping from. Once the package finally makes it to New Jersey, DHL hands the package over to USPS and within a few days the package is delivered.

The main giveaway that they are lying is the fact that the package is initially handled by DHL. DHL does not do domestic shipments, only international.
Dec 11, 2012, 08:25 PM
Sir Crashalot
Quote:
Originally Posted by bflan2001
This will be my first order with tmart.com and probably my last. I used them because they said they ship from a USA warehouse and I need it here before Christmas, but I'm starting to think they are lying about shipping from the US. This happened to me once before with something I bought off ebay that was supposedly shipped from the US. What they do is ship the item via DHL (who DO NOT handle domestic shipments, only international), and use the USPS tracking system to trick people into thinking it's coming from the US.

First, DHL picks up the package, probably in China, and scans it into their system. The retailer gives you a USPS tracking number (not DHL), and when you track it on the USPS site it says "Arrived Shipping Partner Facility" and indicates that the package is in New Jersey. The tracking is not updated for several days, sometimes weeks, because it's not actually sitting in New Jersey, but on it's way to New Jersey via China or whatever other country they're shipping from. Once the package finally makes it to New Jersey, DHL hands the package over to USPS and within a few days the package is delivered.

The main giveaway that they are lying is the fact that the package is initially handled by DHL. DHL does not do domestic shipments, only international.
You may be right, but as long as you get your item in a week or less, which is more or less equivalent to domestic shipping; what's the difference? I just got my v949 from them and it took 5 days from the day I ordered. Frankly I don't care whether it really came from US or China, I got it in the time frame I expected, which is what the "shipped from US" tag line is trying to convey.
Dec 11, 2012, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bflan2001

I wrote and complained and promptly got a tracking # Had my stuff in less than a week but they screwed up my order and I have a old style RTF I want to exchange for a new style.. idiots

No way it shipped overseas for free in less than a week. But I think I'm speaking with a Asian about my return/exchange. Tmarts online return form requires five files.. and wont let you submit unless you upload five.. idiots.. Would I buy again? yup. lol
Dec 11, 2012, 08:41 PM
I've now ordered V911s twice from T-Mart, and both helis were were delivered in less than a week. The second one was four days. I think you have to buy the ones that say "Free Shipping & US Warehouse," not the ones that say "Worldwide Free Shipping."

Rick
Dec 11, 2012, 08:52 PM
Iv flown my new V911 from tmart 8 flights and already notice some TBE which wasn't there the first pack or two.. It was rock solid. My son mentioned the same about his.. Anyone notice this? Hope it doesn't get worse because at the moment it's just a bit better than my old msr with a million flights.
Dec 11, 2012, 08:57 PM
Trees are bad
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantScale
Iv flown my new V911 from tmart 8 flights and already notice some TBE which wasn't there the first pack or two.. It was rock solid. My son mentioned the same about his.. Anyone notice this? Hope it doesn't get worse because at the moment it's just a bit better than my old msr with a million flights.
Flybar too loose or worn will do that.
Dec 11, 2012, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtags
Can some friends here inform if their heli unit still fly and perform flawlessly over 6 months, under daily or routine usage ? Simple blade or skid replacement still counted.

If so it must be 1 of the best 40 bucks well spent ..
I've logged 25 hours of flight time over 4 months on my V911. Replaced skid and blades. Banged it into something almost every flight. Tail motor is starting to heat up, probably about ready to go.
Dec 11, 2012, 09:27 PM
New here and new to rc's in general, awaiting my first v911 also from tmart along with several other Christmas items. I've seen several good reviews from tmart and hence the reason for ordering through them (39.99) good price with free shipping. I hope everything goes ok I'm very eager to get my heli and see how well it flies. Been reading through this thread since I ordered it and feel like I'm prepared to handle and problems thanks to all of you sharing both your issues and your ideas. Said it once but all say it agian... Thank you all for this thread and your input, it's invaluable to a newbie like me!
Dec 11, 2012, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantScale
I addressed this issue a few pages ago. Back out the flybar screw 1/2 to one full turn. Apply a small drop of oil to the flybar holder and I'm betting your TBE will be gone. It MUST bounce up and down freely 2 or 3 times when you give it a flick with a finger! I have 4 V911s and after doing this, ALL of them hover spot on!
I had nothing but trouble with the 4 MSRs I owned last year and never could get them to perform anywhere close to that of the V911. Ended up selling all of them.
Last edited by CCbusa05; Dec 11, 2012 at 10:34 PM.
Dec 12, 2012, 02:02 AM

a little 911 trouble

ooops, most likely one too many crashes, but here the question:
nothing seems broken but the binding does not work any more. The heli goes from flashing red to solid red as if binding has worked, but no reaction to commands. Heli and handset have new batteries.

A terminal case of the board? Nothing that I can see wrong by eye...

Has it happened to you too?
Dec 12, 2012, 02:05 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Quote:
Originally Posted by torsten01
ooops, most likely one too many crashes, but here the question:
nothing seems broken but the binding does not work any more. The heli goes from flashing red to solid red as if binding has worked, but no reaction to commands. Heli and handset have new batteries.

A terminal case of the board? Nothing that I can see wrong by eye...

Has it happened to you too?
It hasn't happened to me. But it has happened to others. If you search the thread, you would find that the like culprit is the failed 16 MHz Crystal. It a silver cylindrical device on the board. Several people have replaced it and got the board working again. You should check into it.
Dec 12, 2012, 04:40 AM
It seems that new 150 mAh batteries have arrived. If it's not a scam and batteries are 120 mAh

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-7V-150mAh-...item589996d53f
Dec 12, 2012, 07:04 AM
I don't know... from what I've seen, in my humble very novice opinion the 150mAh batteries I've seen are considerable longer than the one shown. Just a thought...
Dec 12, 2012, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo761
It seems that new 150 mAh batteries have arrived. If it's not a scam and batteries are 120 mAh

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-7V-150mAh-...item589996d53f
These look to be the same and are advertised as being 120mAh:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Silver-1...item1e75624eaf

Quick Reply