Originally Posted by North_of_49 View Post
exactly
I like to keep things simple
to remove ads between posts
Dec 07, 2012, 12:59 PM
Bugle6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Spirit View Post
Hey Guy's, Iam allways reading about people concerned about the weight of there birds so I thought I would start a weight poll. What does your RTF Bird weigh in grams? Please note if your bird is stock, also the battery.

I dont know what a stock 120sr RTF weight is. Mine has many mods, that being said my Bird with a 1300 mah battery comes in at 135 grams. I have plenty of power and she flies great. I have found that the extra weight makes her more stable. Also I have had her over a year, fly often and still using the original motors, main and tail.WS
Mine's probably about the same as yours with the 1300mah battery, T-rex 250 skids and alum swash. The original weight is 3.75 oz (106 g).
Dec 07, 2012, 01:37 PM
Wind you go around in circles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000 View Post
Mine's probably about the same as yours with the 1300mah battery, T-rex 250 skids and alum swash. The original weight is 3.75 oz (106 g).
Thats interesting, even with alum swash, anti rotation, head, and more plus my weighted flybar "no paddles" my bird is only 105gr. The stock battery is 15gr. and the 1300mah is 30gr.
Sax, was that original weight of 106gr. with or without the battery? Thanks WS
Dec 07, 2012, 02:01 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampi View Post
So in this application would it be referred to as the 5in1 battery?
The manual refers to it as the "flight battery"
Dec 07, 2012, 02:09 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Thats interesting, even with alum swash, anti rotation, head, and more plus my weighted flybar "no paddles" my bird is only 105gr. The stock battery is 15gr. and the 1300mah is 30gr.
106g has to be with battery.
All 5 of my stock 120's weigh between 91g and 92g, without battery.
Dec 07, 2012, 02:13 PM
Bugle6
Quote:
Yeah, that's HH specs for gross weight--with battery. I assume, their battery.
Dec 07, 2012, 02:16 PM
Bugle6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleDude View Post
The manual refers to it as the "flight battery"
The interesting thing about about electric aircraft is that the entire hobby is driven by the lithium polymer battery. If it weren't for them, nothing would work and we'd be talking about fueled engines, not motors. Fuel helicopters & airplanes have a separate battery that you have to charge just like we do, but it's only for the electronics. In ours, everything is electronic.
Dec 07, 2012, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Hey Guy's, Iam allways reading about people concerned about the weight of there birds so I thought I would start a weight poll. What does your RTF Bird weigh in grams? Please note if your bird is stock, also the battery.

I dont know what a stock 120sr RTF weight is. Mine has many mods, that being said my Bird with a 1300 mah battery comes in at 135 grams. I have plenty of power and she flies great. I have found that the extra weight makes her more stable. Also I have had her over a year, fly often and still using the original motors, main and tail.WS
You're using a 1300mah battery? Did you have to install a new mounting slot for that battery or does it fit in the stock location? Also, does that battery give you more duration, more power, or both?
Dec 07, 2012, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR120 fan View Post
Yes. You can go between two modes by holding down the right stick so the light on the tx changes from constant to flashing. Flashing is less touchy and aimed at beginners.
Does that change the modes for both sticks, or just the right one?
Dec 07, 2012, 03:12 PM
Bugle6
Quote:
You're using a 1300mah battery? Did you have to install a new mounting slot for that battery or does it fit in the stock location? Also, does that battery give you more duration, more power, or both?
Grampi: You have to do a mod to use anything but the 550mah batteries. It's not difficult to do and there are several choices you can make. Just search this forum for battery mods.
Dec 07, 2012, 03:15 PM
Bugle6
Quote:
Does that change the modes for both sticks, or just the right one?
Mode changes mean that you can change from high rate to low rate and back. This means that the distance that your servos move are changed to shorter or longer movement. Low rate is great for learning in still air because there is less chance of over compensating your stick movements. And, to answer your question, it effects both sticks; forward & backward, side to side.
Dec 07, 2012, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000 View Post
Grampi: You have to do a mod to use anything but the 550mah batteries. It's not difficult to do and there are several choices you can make. Just search this forum for battery mods.
Even when using the Turnigy Nano-tech 600mAh battery?
Dec 07, 2012, 03:37 PM
Another question, how many flight batteries can the charger that comes with the RTF charge at one time? If it's only one, I'll need a charger that can charge several at a time...any suggestions?
Dec 07, 2012, 04:09 PM
Wind you go around in circles
Quote:
Yes, that is what I use along with stock batteries till they die. Look at my blog I have a picture of my mount, center of heli. I used a peice of milk jug, some use an old credit card. Voltage is the same, so I want say it is more power, you have more than enough power with the stock battery but yes alot more duration. It is dobble the weight of the stock battery witch some may not care for but I like it and it is all I plan to buy in the future. It is much much less difficult to mount and in MHO makes the bird more stable.You do have to make a few small adjustments but only one time if that is the only battery that you use. I still have stock and hyperion batts. that I almost wish would fail. WS
Dec 07, 2012, 04:10 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Grampi, You don't need any mod to use the Nano Tech 600mAh battery. It will fit just fine. The stock charger is good for probably just one battery, because the maximum current is 0.7A. That's slightly over 1C for a 500-600 mAh battery. And it will take close to an hour to charge one up.

With the right harness you could conceivably charge more than one, but the current would be split and your charge time would double, triple, etc... If you are looking to charge more than one at once, then it is probably time to look at a better charger.

Quick Reply