Dec 03, 2012, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962
Woohoo!

Heli #4 (black/orange) arrived today. Seems to have a very strong main motor, as it absolutely rockets toward the ceiling when the batteries are fresh. Think I'll be keeping that one for outdoor flight. Now just waiting for the white one to arrive and I've more or less got a set

When hovering hands-free, the heli rotates to the left (anti clockwise). I can compensate with trimming, but the trim is almost all the way to the right by the time it stops rotating. Does this indicate that the main motor is too strong for the tail? Is there anything I can do about it, or do I just have to leave the trim full over?

Cheers
Tigg

How many do you have now Tigg?
to remove ads between posts
Dec 03, 2012, 12:49 PM
I am thinking of getting a quad for my daughter. Any recommendations? She flys the V911 very well. Not getting her a 911 because she would make me look bad in short order. It the WL Toys quad the same quality as the V911? Know this is not the thread but you guys fly the same hardware I do.

Hope I'm not to late to order.
Dec 03, 2012, 01:38 PM
Sir Crashalot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santley
I am thinking of getting a quad for my daughter. Any recommendations? She flys the V911 very well. Not getting her a 911 because she would make me look bad in short order. It the WL Toys quad the same quality as the V911? Know this is not the thread but you guys fly the same hardware I do.

I like the v929, but I hear the v949 is even more stable, so I'd take a look at that.
Dec 03, 2012, 01:49 PM
Anyone please explain why everyone is recommending to get esky nano canopy weighting 8g whereas the stock v911 canopy is said to weight 3g.

esky nano 8g canopy vs stock 3g canopy

Also about the fisheye swash. Does it really worth buiyng it? Does miracle-mart carry them? I only found one on banggood here but banggood doesnt carry msr paddles and bravo 320 motor. I dont want to buy from 2 places :S
So I need one place to order the following:

- msr paddles or smth equivalent
- bravo 320 motor or smth equivalent
- fisheye swash
- lighter canopy
Dec 03, 2012, 01:50 PM
PKB
PKB
Quote:

Hi,
i have the v929 (and the v911), if she can fly the v911 she should be able to fly the the v929. It's a bit more twitchy while hovering but i think she'd manage.
Dec 03, 2012, 01:57 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Quote:
How many do you have now Tigg?
Only 4. An e-rix 100 pro (my first heli, same as v911, only half as good, twice as expensive) and the 3 other babies on the photo. Got a white on the way and I ordered another one today along with a white/red canopy, just cos the whites and yellows fly better but I wanted a white/red heli.

If the wife decides to moan, I'll just have to remind her how much her stamps and other crafting equipment cost. If she's got any sense it won't come to that though
Dec 03, 2012, 02:05 PM
Quote:

Where do you live mate? US or EU? I would suggest without hesitation the Hubsan X4 (with accelerometer so better control) or the Nine Eagles Alien or Heli-Max 1SQ (whatta surprise they are the same... )

Those are lil better than the WL quads and have quite acceptable price.
Dec 03, 2012, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboSerg
Anyone please explain why everyone is recommending to get esky nano canopy weighting 8g whereas the stock v911 canopy is said to weight 3g.

esky nano 8g canopy vs stock 3g canopy

Also about the fisheye swash. Does it really worth buiyng it? Does miracle-mart carry them? I only found one on banggood here but banggood doesnt carry msr paddles and bravo 320 motor. I dont want to buy from 2 places :S
So I need one place to order the following:

- msr paddles or smth equivalent
- bravo 320 motor or smth equivalent
- fisheye swash
- lighter canopy
Dude, as seeing the canopies as I see the stock canopy is nearly identical to the Syma S107...which size is same as the Udi U802....which was my favourite 3ch coax... (good old times...tears.. : ) so may fit this Udi U802 canopy to the V911 as well..
Dec 03, 2012, 02:31 PM
Quote:

I have the V929, and I think it's just a little too big to fly indoors. I'm wishing I had gotten the V939. I really like the looks of the HeliMax 1SQ
Dec 03, 2012, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962
Only 4. An e-rix 100 pro (my first heli, same as v911, only half as good, twice as expensive) and the 3 other babies on the photo. Got a white on the way and I ordered another one today along with a white/red canopy, just cos the whites and yellows fly better but I wanted a white/red heli.

If the wife decides to moan, I'll just have to remind her how much her stamps and other crafting equipment cost. If she's got any sense it won't come to that though
Tigg you get as many as you want dude. I'm not wanting to make you feel bad, I’m only jealous.

Do you know how much a new Bass Boat cost$$$$$$ I know get the Bass Boat brochures and put them all over the house and she will never say anything about the 25$ Helicopters. I got my 130x the day my wife got her new BMW, she never said a word. I should have got a Goblin. The big 700!
Last edited by Petrie; Dec 03, 2012 at 03:46 PM.
Dec 03, 2012, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulesz
Where do you live mate? US or EU? I would suggest without hesitation the Hubsan X4 (with accelerometer so better control) or the Nine Eagles Alien or Heli-Max 1SQ (whatta surprise they are the same... )

Those are lil better than the WL quads and have quite acceptable price.
How do you know that ? Do you own these ?

Sorry, but how can you make such suggestions without owning them and making your own experiences?
Please make such statements if you really own them.

I myself don't make such suggestions without marking these as quotes and not my personal experiences.

You can have an opinion...but you aren't forced to have one
Dec 03, 2012, 03:52 PM

CT6"A" & v911 binding

There is a lot of discussion regarding FS-CT6"B" and v911 binding.
I've tried to follow the instruction with my FS-CT6"A". It doesn't work out.
Is there a different way to bind for CT6A or it just simply can't do it?

Thanks,
Josh
Dec 03, 2012, 04:00 PM
[QUOTE=SlyKYFox;23430115]I have the V929, and I think it's just a little too big to fly indoors. I'm wishing I had gotten the V939. I really like the looks of the HeliMax 1SQ[/QUOTE

If it was for me I would get the 929 and trade with you. I think the V939 would be to small. Might try to the little camera on it. I fly the 130x inside. Correction; I hover the 130x inside so I think it would be OK. It is hard to beat the V911 so I will stick with WLToys.
Dec 03, 2012, 04:12 PM
how do I bind my V911 to my turnigy 9x?
Dec 03, 2012, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystman
How do you know that ? Do you own these ?

Sorry, but how can you make such suggestions without owning them and making your own experiences?
Please make such statements if you really own them.

I myself don't make such suggestions without marking these as quotes and not my personal experiences.

You can have an opinion...but you aren't forced to have one
Dude, I shouldnt buy all of them to know which is better than other...I have collected my information from here, and from my friend who owns ALL of these quads. And his opinion was the same as I have red, and thought regarding to the specs....based on that I have ordered one Hubsan X4 and one HM 1SQ because those quads are better than the WL quads...if you dont trust me read the forum here and you will see yourself, or of course you can buy all of them as you have suggested before... But I prefer collect information BEFORE buying stuffz.., not after paying the STUPIDITY TAX...

Quick Reply