Nov 29, 2012, 12:41 AM
Thread OP
Question

separate rx for each plane

Just a question , Do rc flyers have a separate rx for each plane, To save time and make it easier,
to remove ads between posts
Nov 29, 2012, 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by berts
Just a question , Do rc flyers have a separate rx for each plane, To save time and make it easier,
I have 83 planes and every one has a receiver in it.

Tom Moody
Nov 29, 2012, 01:06 AM
Some of my planes will have to crash bad for me to get access to the rx again.
Nov 29, 2012, 01:28 AM
Thread OP
so I supose its a good idea to to have a rx for each plane
Nov 29, 2012, 01:39 AM
Average User
As cheap as Rx's are, yeah each plane has one.
Nov 29, 2012, 01:49 AM
Thread OP
Can you bind 2 rx's in to a hobby king tx, at the same time Does it work like that, so you have one tx , Is there a limit to how many rx's , you can have programed in at the same time.And do you have to do anything when you swap from one plane to another, with the tx. cheers bert
Nov 29, 2012, 02:03 AM
The wind caused that!!
it really depends on the transmitter. you might list the brand and model of the transmitter you have.

most computer transmitters now have model memory. you can usually find this information in the manual for the transmitter. this will tell you how many "models" the radio can store inside it. for example, my transmitter has 8 model memory. so i can bind it to 8 different receivers. so if i want to fly my eflite apprentice, i go into the transmitters menu and select apprentice. then i can fly that plane. if i want to fly my parkzone albatros, i go into the transmitters menu and select albatros.
Nov 29, 2012, 02:28 AM
Thread OP
hobbyking 2.4ghz 6ch [hk-t6a v2]
Nov 29, 2012, 02:31 AM
The wind caused that!!
that radio has no model memory. so it will only bind to one receiver at a time.

if you had 2 planes (or 10 it doesn't matter), you could install receivers in all of them. BUT when you get ready to fly one, you will have to bind the transmitter to the receiver. then if you wanted to fly another plane, you would have to rebind the transmitter to that planes receiver.
Nov 29, 2012, 02:44 AM
Thread OP
So would i have to remove all the servo connections out of the rx each time to re bind [except esc] or just put the bind plug in batt channel If i had rx's in both my planes
Nov 29, 2012, 02:45 AM
The wind caused that!!
just the bind plug.
Nov 29, 2012, 03:01 AM
Thread OP
Oh well not perfect with not having memory, but it seems worth it to have two rx's installed in separate planes. Thanks for your kind help bert
Nov 29, 2012, 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoghead5150
that radio has no model memory. so it will only bind to one receiver at a time.

if you had 2 planes (or 10 it doesn't matter), you could install receivers in all of them. BUT when you get ready to fly one, you will have to bind the transmitter to the receiver. then if you wanted to fly another plane, you would have to rebind the transmitter to that planes receiver.

NO.

You can have dozens of planes bound to one HK T6A V2. Just use one plane at a time (that's normal, who has more than one in the air at a time?) but having switched the first plane off, as soon as you switch on the second one it will be bound as it was last time you used it.

Hopefully the servos all work in the same direction. I fitted switches to the front of my T6A so it looks like a T4A. On one plane I need to reverse 2 switches to get the control sticks to work in the right direction.

I should know as I have done it.
Nov 29, 2012, 04:29 AM
Thread OP
sorry if it was not clear what i ment I did not mean flying more than 1 plane at a time I wounderd if on my tx i could have 2 separate rx's bound so i did not have to remove one and swop it over every time i switched planes. bert QUOTE=Mac50L;23392454]NO.

You can have dozens of planes bound to one HK T6A V2. Just use one plane at a time (that's normal, who has more than one in the air at a time?) but having switched the first plane off, as soon as you switch on the second one it will be bound as it was last time you used it.

Hopefully the servos all work in the same direction. I fitted switches to the front of my T6A so it looks like a T4A. On one plane I need to reverse 2 switches to get the control sticks to work in the right direction.

I should know as I have done it.[/QUOTE]
Nov 29, 2012, 05:55 AM
Youtube channel : solentlifeuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoghead5150
it really depends on the transmitter. you might list the brand and model of the transmitter you have.

most computer transmitters now have model memory. you can usually find this information in the manual for the transmitter. this will tell you how many "models" the radio can store inside it. for example, my transmitter has 8 model memory. so i can bind it to 8 different receivers. so if i want to fly my eflite apprentice, i go into the transmitters menu and select apprentice. then i can fly that plane. if i want to fly my parkzone albatros, i go into the transmitters menu and select albatros.
The model memory makes no difference to how many Rx's you can bind to a Tx ... you can bind a 1000 if you want ... it doesn't care.

My 9x with 8 memories currently has 13 Rx's bound to it. This also means that you can have more than one Rx in a big model to cut down length of leads etc.

Nigel
Latest blog entry: Life goes on and new boat

Quick Reply