Nov 27, 2012, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50
OF course with Lipo's in this type of weather, a person needs to put them next to your sac to keep em warm.
O Yeah BTW you don't have to worry about anyone wanting to borry your batteries
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974
You just better hope you don't have a short!

I'm guessing you would call that "shorts short"
to remove ads between posts
Nov 27, 2012, 11:31 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50
DOG what do we have here?
Tell me more.
What is you set-up?
The lipo would fit in your "prefered" location.

Hacker A10-15s, Hobby Wing 6 amp ESC, 2S180 lipo, Dymond 4.7 on the tail, Futaba s3114 on the ailerons.
Nov 28, 2012, 06:02 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy
I use a 4S1800 on my nitro 12 volt starter.... Everyone wants to us it. It will start the big cranky 4 strokes with no issue. Chooped the cord off and dropped a Dean connector on it.

I did same thing and it works well

Especially with larger motors
Nov 28, 2012, 08:59 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by David22
I did same thing and it works well

Especially with larger motors
Yes Our friend Tek has the same setup also so Here I go and create a 24 volt starter box with 2 batteries and he shows up with that little Lipo a deans connector and has oodles of power on his starter fires up the big ol 4 strokes and my Zenoah 26cc without a blink of an eye. lol

Love the see through foam DOG LOL At least that way you can see the target through the plane before you smack into it I can't recall seeing an old plastic spinner like that with the groove for the prop cut out so high on it, everyone I have has that short little opening I have to carve out with my x-acto everytime (Oh,,, is that a plastic spinner?)

Wayne glad there wasn't too much damage on the maiden was there a Video?
Nov 28, 2012, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe

Love the see through foam DOG LOL At least that way you can see the target through the plane before you smack into it I can't recall seeing an old plastic spinner like that with the groove for the prop cut out so high on it, everyone I have has that short little opening I have to carve out with my x-acto everytime (Oh,,, is that a plastic spinner?)
Yes... its a plastic spinner and the angle of the blade slot is strange. I would love to have a plastic one verses cutting Alum or carbon, not to mention how priced they are.
Nov 28, 2012, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Need a bit of help... Does anyone know where I can buy the old school style spinners like the pictures? This is a 4 inch I got in a deal of some sort. This is a 4 inch <if anyone needs one> and I need a 3.5 inch. I am looking for one with some weight to it. The 4 inch weighs about .42 lbs <192 grams>. Between a spinner like this and moving my packs<if needed> I should be able to get the CG set on the 87....

All I am finding are carbon and alum spinners.

Guess it helps to post the example
Closest I could find is something like this:

http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/dub/dub970.htm

but it is much smaller and lightweight.
Nov 28, 2012, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Closest I could find is something like this:

http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/dub/dub970.htm

but it is much smaller and lightweight.
This 4 inch plastic one I have must be a collectors item. Thanks for looking.
Nov 28, 2012, 02:51 PM
Quote:
This 4 inch plastic one I have must be a collectors item. Thanks for looking.
Agreed...I did some searching on google over lunch time and I couldn't find anything close. Have you considered a heavy hub or something like that?
Nov 28, 2012, 06:17 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe
Yes Our friend Tek has the same setup also so Here I go and create a 24 volt starter box with 2 batteries and he shows up with that little Lipo a deans connector and has oodles of power on his starter fires up the big ol 4 strokes and my Zenoah 26cc without a blink of an eye. lol

Wayne glad there wasn't too much damage on the maiden was there a Video?
Supposed to be a little video but I have not looked at it yet.
Nov 29, 2012, 12:10 AM
Quote:
Agreed...I did some searching on google over lunch time and I couldn't find anything close. Have you considered a heavy hub or something like that?
Thought about that but I really want something over that Vess Balance Ring. It looks like some of the $27 dollar alum spinners will weigh enough. Maybe I should have Joe look around the Dubai Hanger, might be one there.
Nov 29, 2012, 01:38 AM
Augernaut
Cant...stop......laughing. I'm a big metal head. This parrot cracks me up. The remix helps for those who dont know the song.

Parrot feat Drowning Pool sing BODIES -- REMIX ! (0 min 56 sec)
Nov 29, 2012, 07:16 AM
O for cryin out loud. I don't think I'd want any parriots living my house. I'd be in trouble all the time. LOL
Nov 29, 2012, 07:22 AM
Suspended Account
Nov 29, 2012, 08:55 AM
Ah,.....er.......wookster........i dont believe ive heard that melody before....was it by,"Two crashing forklifts in a scrap metal yard"?
Nov 29, 2012, 10:11 AM
Hello *echo* *echo* *echo* Anyone here? *echo* *echo* *echo* Guess not.

Quick Reply