Nov 27, 2012, 07:04 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mygeneration
Did i mention i've got 5 gws orange props on my table!
But "STILL" no plane yet
Was hoping to collect one from LHS today, looks like that's not gonna happen, still not in stock!
Cheers
Yikes, if they are not available yet in the UK, we are not about to get some here in Canada.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 27, 2012, 07:09 AM
Parkzone junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo-fly
Here's what the eflm1920 2mm collet adapter looks like with an apc 7x4E prop.
Quote:
Here's the eflm1935 set screw adapter with unmodified gws prop. The stock nose will fit this adapter too, just need a little nose cone trimming.
So with the eflm1920 with the APC 7x4e will the stock spinner fit? possibly with a bit of trimming?

----
I've had my Edge since last Tuesday and still cant fly it!
Stock prop was so warped that it would have had reverse thrust from the outter 1/3 of one blade...

I've already ordered a GWS 7x3 DD and I'll be calling my LHS today to order the eflm1935 but If that APC will fit with a spinner I'll get that one as well.

Just impatiently waiting to maiden this beauty. 3" of snow on the ground already and another 2-3 on the way today, not going to stop me from getting a flight or five if the props ever arrive.

-Brian
Nov 27, 2012, 08:52 AM
Gone Huckin'
Quote:
Here's what the eflm1920 2mm collet adapter looks like with an apc 7x4E prop.
This is the prop adapter that I'm using. It works quite well.
Nov 27, 2012, 08:54 AM
Gone Huckin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmon
So with the eflm1920 with the APC 7x4e will the stock spinner fit? possibly with a bit of trimming?

----
I've had my Edge since last Tuesday and still cant fly it!
Stock prop was so warped that it would have had reverse thrust from the outter 1/3 of one blade...

I've already ordered a GWS 7x3 DD and I'll be calling my LHS today to order the eflm1935 but If that APC will fit with a spinner I'll get that one as well.

Just impatiently waiting to maiden this beauty. 3" of snow on the ground already and another 2-3 on the way today, not going to stop me from getting a flight or five if the props ever arrive.

-Brian
I think my stock prop was in bad shape too. Plus I had weak batteries that I didn't know were weak until I flew this plane. Now I've got a new GWS 7035 prop on there with fresh batteries and I'm really enjoying the plane.

I think you'll like it once you get the prop issue sorted out.
Nov 27, 2012, 09:22 AM
Boost rules!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman74
So would I notice much of a difference using this battery
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...11V-480mAh-JST
Over my Zippy 500mah 35cs weighing 48G??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planecraazy
I don't have any past experience with zippy batterys, the zippy seems to have a higher c rating .... Close call... Idk....id go with the TP based on my past experience with them.
Zippys used to fall very short of their advertized C-ratings. In the past, they were always far inferior to Hyperion, Gens Ace, and TP in performance & longevity. Not sure about their current offerings. If you really want to see how good a pack is, look at its charge C-rating. Modern, true 25c or higher LiPos are rated for at least 5c charging. Modern, true 65c LiPos are rated for up to 12c charging. If a 25c or higher pack is only rated for 1-3c charging, it raises a big red flag & I stay away.

Nothing out there today comes close to the performance of Thunder Power's G6 65c packs. Not only do they have superior voltage-holding ability under load, they are designed for 12c charging, and TP claims 600 cycles before they fade away.

Joel
Nov 27, 2012, 09:26 AM
Gone Huckin'
I ordered some Haiyin 500's last week but apparently they put them on a canoe because even though they shipped out on Friday, they won't get here until next Monday.

I'll let you guys know what I think of them once I get to try them out.
Nov 27, 2012, 09:40 AM
certified crash instructor
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker
Zippys used to fall very short of their advertized C-ratings. In the past, they were always far inferior to Hyperion, Gens Ace, and TP in performance & longevity. Not sure about their current offerings. If you really want to see how good a pack is, look at its charge C-rating. Modern, true 25c or higher LiPos are rated for at least 5c charging. Modern, true 65c LiPos are rated for up to 12c charging. If a 25c or higher pack is only rated for 1-3c charging, it raises a big red flag & I stay away.

Nothing out there today comes close to the performance of Thunder Power's G6 65c packs. Not only do they have superior voltage-holding ability under load, they are designed for 12c charging, and TP claims 600 cycles before they fade away.

Joel
The 65c thunder power work very well in the edge, I'm a hyperion collector but I must say thunder power is better.
Nov 27, 2012, 09:54 AM
Just wanna fly!
So with all the talk of APC and GWS props on the stock ESC. Can anyone at this point, definitively point to which prop will provide the most speed and power? It seems like the APC 7x4E might be the most powerful but I just want to be sure.

I would like to start getting parts set aside for potentially getting this aircraft.
Nov 27, 2012, 10:04 AM
34 years of flight.
this is the one I found is this the right one? looks long and the pic is not great
http://www.ebay.com/itm/E-flite-Prop...item231fb63ef8

the Haiyin are decent batterys my father has some that he fly in his mini gremlins. where did you order yours from
Nov 27, 2012, 10:07 AM
UMX 3S OG
Quote:
So would I notice much of a difference using this battery
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...11V-480mAh-JST
Over my Zippy 500mah 35cs weighing 48G??
if those were 35c or bigger I would try them...
but only 25c I don't think the extra costs would be worth the try
Nov 27, 2012, 10:09 AM
E sailplane thermal hack
Quote:
Here's some more really good info for those using the gws props, the eflite prop adapter part number eflm1935 has a slightly longer shaft than the stock adapter. This allows you to fit a gws prop without sanding the hub.
That IS good news since I just ordered one of those,, so will stock spinner still fit over that??
Nov 27, 2012, 10:12 AM
E sailplane thermal hack
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker

Joel
Well guess ill have to try the TP G6 325mah 65C then,,, nice an light,, and people are saying 4-5 mins in this plane??
Nov 27, 2012, 10:15 AM
E sailplane thermal hack
Quote:
I'm thinking the park 340 motor might be a screamer on the edge. Weighs 27g but I'm using 325mah lipos that are 7g less than stock.
Ya 340 might be better than 300 since its 1700kv vs 1450 for the 300
Nov 27, 2012, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Ya 340 might be better than 300 since its 1700kv vs 1450 for the 300
If you want to up the prop diameter. You need a lower KV motor. A 8x4SF should be perfect for this plane. The 340 is built for speed not thrust. We want both so the 300 appears to be the best all around choice. Remember KV is just part of the equation.
Nov 27, 2012, 10:34 AM
Gone Huckin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc
this is the one I found is this the right one? looks long and the pic is not great
http://www.ebay.com/itm/E-flite-Prop...item231fb63ef8

the Haiyin are decent batterys my father has some that he fly in his mini gremlins. where did you order yours from
I ordered mine direct from Haiyin.

Quick Reply