Nov 19, 2012, 05:44 PM
characters welcome!
The Caringbridge site is the way to keep track of Dale's recovery. It sends you updates in your email as the blog is updated.

mw
to remove ads between posts
Nov 19, 2012, 05:47 PM
VTPR & Slope Aerobatics
Posted my well wishes for Dale! I hope we see him at another WeaselFest soon!

Steve
Nov 20, 2012, 09:54 PM
Jim in San Diego
Thread OP
I wish there was something we could do for Dale but figure it may be better to see how we can help once he makes it back home. Until then I'll just keep tabs via carryingbridge.

Does anyone know enough about that site to know if it's a good idea to donate some money to it?
Nov 20, 2012, 10:06 PM
Gravity sucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pismo
I wish there was something we could do for Dale but figure it may be better to see how we can help once he makes it back home. Until then I'll just keep tabs via carryingbridge.

Does anyone know enough about that site to know if it's a good idea to donate some money to it?
Yes, it is a legit site, run on donations. This is the second close friend to have serious medical issues and CaringBridge has allowed me to keep up with their progress. I think it is a worthwhile endeavor and it meets all of the 501(c)3 rules and regs.

Mike
Nov 20, 2012, 10:08 PM
Just Toss It !!!
Mike,

I musta missed this, but when exactly did your avatar change to a crashed plane?!!!
Nov 20, 2012, 10:21 PM
Gravity sucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by MATIN
Mike,

I musta missed this, but when exactly did your avatar change to a crashed plane?!!!
The day after Fake Fest, at which that picture was taken. Since there was no damage, the avatar doesn't bring back bad memories!

Mike
Nov 21, 2012, 06:30 PM

Happy Thanksgiving Dale

I know it may seem odd to say it now, but I will anyway..

Dale,
I'm very thankful you're still alive this Thanksgiving... and that you are doing so much better now.. Please make it back soon, safe and sound.. we're all pulling for you. You've been dealt a terrible hand.. it's high time your luck turns around..
Be Strong.. Push hard.. Get well
We will help best we can once you're back.. I can't picture this happening to anyone with a more positive outlook on life.. that winning simile and Nancy's help will see you through it.

Your Friend on the water or in the air...
JimS
Nov 22, 2012, 03:55 AM
San Diego North County
Dale is a great friend of mine and lives only a few blocks from me. I only heard of his strugles today. I am quite upset, but i guess not as much as him or his family. I hope to see him soon.

Mr. Robert
Nov 23, 2012, 01:16 PM
Organizing a Fun Fly in Dale's recovery honor,

Hopefully we'll have plenty of pictures and video that he can see to feel the love and caring of all his sloper friends
Nov 23, 2012, 01:19 PM
Jim in San Diego
Thread OP
That would be great Chip! Look forward to the details and keeping my fingers crossed that nothing will keep me away.

Jim
Nov 27, 2012, 05:20 PM
Crikey never leave beer behind
How Dale going ? have not been on my own computer for awhile and have not check the email
Nov 27, 2012, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve wenban
How Dale going ? have not been on my own computer for awhile and have not check the email
Steve,
It's not entirely clear, Nancy is updating the CaringBridge.org site Journal almost daily but I have the impression it's a difficult struggle he's going thru .. trying to do the PT and get his strength back in his legs and right arm.. he's able to speak and there is an expectation he may be able to travel back home to San Diego soon.. but he's going to need a lot of help and support to get back in full swing on the slopes and even sailing model yachts at the pond.. If anyone can do it, he can..Thank god his wife Nancy is there with him..
JimS
Nov 27, 2012, 06:12 PM
Crikey never leave beer behind
Thanks Jim
Nov 28, 2012, 01:33 AM
I want to believe
Good news everyone... Looks like Dale is coming home tomorrow!

Marty
Nov 28, 2012, 01:35 AM
Launching!
That's great news!

Looking forward to getting Dale back to his home slope!

DC

Quick Reply