to remove ads between posts
Nov 20, 2012, 03:21 AM
Cable ties & ductape
Nice find mudlark!
Nov 20, 2012, 03:42 AM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeDubbya
Has anyone tried connecting a Dragonlink 2 tx to a Turnigy X9 which hasn't had the firmware flashed? I am getting a red flashing light indicating no PPM signal, I have checked the settings on the X9 are set to PPM and double checked that CJ had labelled all the pins correctly, which of course he had.
I don't know if you can change the frame length on the 9x before the firmware upgrade. Have to say that the whole point of the 9x is upgrading the firmware. Get a smartie parts board and the LED backlight from hk too. Fully awesome what you can do with it! But apart from ensuring you are in ppm mode I can't see why it wouldn't work. Can you test it on another radio?
Nov 20, 2012, 04:14 AM
Cable ties & ductape
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheCrash
Get a smartie parts board...
I've read somewhere that you can use the USBasp leads to install custom firmware?
Nov 20, 2012, 04:38 AM
When in doubt, throttle out...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudlark
FYI guys
Been looking at trying to get the best micro sd card card for the GP3B
I have the recommended sd card Sandisk 16g
Tonight I cane across a little test program called H2testw
I tested the card basically write 1g files and varifies.
I got some good speed results see screen capture.
Now to test an 8g class 2 see what results for that one is
Ill check my cheapo cards later - good find Dave, hope you get your tax sorted!

lols

:-)
Nov 20, 2012, 04:52 AM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRC
I've read somewhere that you can use the USBasp leads to install custom firmware?
I'm sure you can. I went for the more expensive and simpler version, with control for backlighting and and USB plug in the battery bay for updates and programming.
I'm getting quite good at programming the er9x without using the PC now, so maybe if I had to do it all again I could just use a programmer.
Nov 20, 2012, 05:05 AM
Happy Days
Just been reviewing our posts (trappy gate) as I have passed the fun onto one of my Washington buddies for his amusement.
I have noticed the curiously trappy2 account has been suspended
Nov 20, 2012, 05:13 AM
Cable ties & ductape
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheCrash
I'm sure you can. I went for the more expensive and simpler version, with control for backlighting and and USB plug in the battery bay for updates and programming.
I'm getting quite good at programming the er9x without using the PC now, so maybe if I had to do it all again I could just use a programmer.
Might have a look at the card then! Trying to save as little time as stress as possible =P

Update: Damn, was only checking shipping and I bought one....ah well! Just can't tell the missus!
Last edited by DodgeRC; Nov 20, 2012 at 06:11 AM.
Nov 20, 2012, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Class 10 looks to be twice as fast

You guys should test yours as well
True - but don't forget that not all Class 10 cards are equal! - Can have significantly different read /write speeds and still be class 10. Also the method / equipment used to read and write to the card can be the limiting factor when you get to fast cards. Just because the card is capable, does not mean you will be able to access the full performance.

Malc
Nov 20, 2012, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by highviz
True - but don't forget that not all Class 10 cards are equal! - Can have significantly different read /write speeds and still be class 10.
The Class rating defines the minimum speed the card should provide at all times. Operating voltage and temperature also affect the time it takes for a program cycle and thus the overall MB/s. You may get higher than expected write speed indoor but it could be considerably slower at 0 degC outdoor.

It is common for cards (all electronic components in fact) to be graded during production. So even though the come from the same batch they will acquire different class labels depending on the performance. If the manufacturer has excess production of very good ones they may stick a lower class label on them for marketing reasons. You may be lucky to get one of the good ones but it does not mean all will be the same.

Also, if your card reader is a bit slow all cards may appear similar in performance as the reader becomes the limiting factor. The same would happen if you have too many devices on the USB root hub/port thus limiting the available bandwidth.

-Angelos
Nov 20, 2012, 10:34 AM
Fixed wings can be Drones too!
Another FPV specific plane to chose from...

Skywakler 2? by demowayne, on Flickr

Bigger fuse, can take a 12" prop and has plastic clips to break down for transport.

Due December....

Nov 20, 2012, 11:46 AM
Happy Days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayno Complaino
Another FPV specific plane to chose from...

Skywakler 2? by demowayne, on Flickr

Bigger fuse, can take a 12" prop and has plastic clips to break down for transport.

Due December....
Na

When I get my next FPV plane it;ll be for the states and it will an SSS.
Super Sky Surfer. basically the Bixler2's Daddy.
Nov 20, 2012, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Na

When I get my next FPV plane it;ll be for the states and it will an SSS.
Super Sky Surfer. basically the Bixler2's Daddy.
I'm sorta bored of loads of easy star clones and the 'SSS' is just the same but scaled up, it sort of looks like a glider but not really scale. I prefer the utility look of a plane thats designed to do a job with no care for scale planes. This is why these newer FPV planes like the Skyhunter/New Skywalker and simple wings are of interest to me.

If i go (next interview with the director is tomorrow) i'll rip all the electronics out of some of my planes and start fresh there with new foam. I figure i'll keep one or two built up here for visits home (there should be plenty).

I was hoping the Park Jet would be my 'travel plane' that i could take with me when i go visit different countries but its just too fragile. I need something robust like an EPP/laminate wing but with the size and stability of the Park Jet. My raven is just that little too big to pack. And like most wings it suffers from yaw sawing'
Nov 20, 2012, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayno Complaino
I was hoping the Park Jet would be my 'travel plane' that i could take with me when i go visit different countries but its just too fragile. I need something robust like an EPP/laminate wing but with the size and stability of the Park Jet. My raven is just that little too big to pack. And like most wings it suffers from yaw sawing'
You don't ask too much, do you? Ideally you want a GoPro than can hover on its own and relay digital video directly back!

-Angelos
Nov 20, 2012, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelos
You don't ask too much, do you? Ideally you want a GoPro than can hover on its own and relay digital video directly back!

-Angelos
Could you knock one up?

There must be something out there! Besides, i'm not too bothered about making video with the GoPro's at the moment, i'm just enjoying the experience of building and flying.

When i go see Rob from flying wings next I'll she what he has or can suggest. I know he used to do a Mini Raven but maybe he can knock something up from EPP block that is more delta shaped.

Quick Reply